Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

37 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Did you get Barracks just through normal sale? Seems to be sold out for every game this season. 

It went on sale Tuesday last week on the hospitality section, don't think you even need to be a member.

Was some left for the Luton game when i looked yesterday.

5 minutes ago, JackieDoor said:

So if you can sit on the website refreshing at least you have some chance, still a shite system though.

Yep. Not great. 

Was much easier to get tickets last season 

The more I see and hear of this the more it becomes evident that this is a totally ill thought out shambles.

When demand completely outstrips supply it's imperative that some sort of loyalty scheme is put in place so that those who have supported the club through thick and thin, whether that be through buying season tickets, memberships or just buying tickets for matches through public sale are looked after in some sort of way, certainly not lumped in with someone who just fancies a one off game because we're now good, or dare I say it an away fan chancing his luck by buying a membership because let's face it, we all now have the same chance.

The annoying thing is that it would have been easy to do. Our loyalty or purchase history can be traced back decades or to when we first registered and were allocated a supporter number. Some of these folk on 150+ points have their purchase history included all the way back to the mid 1990s so it's all there.

For me it should have started on a tiered membership like they do at the other top clubs in England where demand massively outstrips supply. When we applied for our memberships for this season our purchase history should have been looked at and just using a simple example you could have been put in a certain loyalty band, maybe Platinum, Gold, Silver, bronze, depending on your past purchase history with the club then allocate a certain % of tickets on sale to Platinum members, a smaller % to silver etc, etc. 

At least it rewards past loyalty in some sort of way instead of what we currently have which isn't really much use to anyone. Really hope that this is something the club look at going forward because eventually loyalty, match going fans of many years who are used to going along to support the team will become disillusioned into being forced to become armchair fans and will ultimately walk away.

15 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

The more I see and hear of this the more it becomes evident that this is a totally ill thought out shambles.

When demand completely outstrips supply it's imperative that some sort of loyalty scheme is put in place so that those who have supported the club through thick and thin, whether that be through buying season tickets, memberships or just buying tickets for matches through public sale are looked after in some sort of way, certainly not lumped in with someone who just fancies a one off game because we're now good, or dare I say it an away fan chancing his luck by buying a membership because let's face it, we all now have the same chance.

The annoying thing is that it would have been easy to do. Our loyalty or purchase history can be traced back decades or to when we first registered and were allocated a supporter number. Some of these folk on 150+ points have their purchase history included all the way back to the mid 1990s so it's all there.

For me it should have started on a tiered membership like they do at the other top clubs in England where demand massively outstrips supply. When we applied for our memberships for this season our purchase history should have been looked at and just using a simple example you could have been put in a certain loyalty band, maybe Platinum, Gold, Silver, bronze, depending on your past purchase history with the club then allocate a certain % of tickets on sale to Platinum members, a smaller % to silver etc, etc. 

At least it rewards past loyalty in some sort of way instead of what we currently have which isn't really much use to anyone. Really hope that this is something the club look at going forward because eventually loyalty, match going fans of many years who are used to going along to support the team will become disillusioned into being forced to become armchair fans and will ultimately walk away.

Someone else who gets it 👍🏻

35 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Totally agree, but unfortunately I think it's more likely they'd look at purchase history and decide that people who've been going for years are less likely to be the sort of customer they want inside the ground.

They've got tens of thousands of fans like me and you in the ground on ST's already.

The master plan appears to be attracting "untapped" customers by making it as easy as possible for anyone who fancies it to have a go at winning a ticket in a lucky dip. 

As an example think of all those wealthy International students in Newcastle, get them in the ground as neutrals who want to watch a Champs League quality side and they might go back to China as Newcastle fans. Then we've got a rapidly growing Asian fan base. And so on. 

Also the ticket price increases this week have barely been mentioned, most are ranting about the ballot and seat selection instead. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they start coming after ST's with big price hikes and more corporate seating areas. For starters they can't be happy that people are still paying Ashley era prices for Champs League quality football....

Then Silverstone gets to say "look, I'm mint at my job, revenue at NUFC jumped from £fuckall to £shitloads"

It's just more achievements on his CV, he's got no loyalty to longstanding fans of Newcastle United

Edited by bobbydazzla

I'd sooner get shot of the Ashley happy clappers with season tickets who went for their grand day out, for new supporters tbh. Should do what the French did after the war with Collobarateurs, shame them. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Totally agree, but unfortunately I think it's more likely they'd look at purchase history and decide that people who've been going for years are less likely to be the sort of customer they want inside the ground.

They've got tens of thousands of fans like me and you in the ground on ST's already.

The master plan appears to be attracting "untapped" customers by making it as easy as possible for anyone who fancies it to have a go at winning a ticket in a lucky dip. 

Also the ticket price increases this week have barely been mentioned, most are ranting about the ballot and seat selection instead.

Wouldn't be surprised if they start coming after ST's with big price hikes and more corporate seating areas. For starters they can't be happy that people are still paying Ashley era prices for Champs League quality football....

Then Silverstone gets to say "look, I'm mint at my job, revenue at NUFC jumped from £fuckall to £shitloads"

It's just more achievements on his CV, he's got no loyalty to longstanding fans of Newcastle United

Agree completely.  It’s back to the 90s when supply is exceeding demand.

if any season ticket holder can’t/won’t afford the price increases that will come in over the next couple of years, someone else will step in your place.

This is the last season of the 10+ year deals and an opportunity for the club to amend season ticket pricing at the end.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'd sooner get shot of the Ashley happy clappers with season tickets who went for their grand day out, for new supporters tbh. 

I've had the misfortune of being sat next to ST holders who seem to only want to go to the game to bitch and moan and scream abuse at the players. Even when we're winning.

I just don't get the mentality. 

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

I've had the misfortune of being sat next to ST holders who seem to only want to go to the game to bitch and moan and scream abuse at the players. Even when we're winning.

I just don't get the mentality. 

There's someone I work with who'd rarely went to games, bought his first ever season ticket summer 2021 admitting it was on the off chance Ashley sold up that season. 3 months later he hit the fucking jackpot. 

10 minutes ago, patrone said:

Agree with all of that, but there's plenty that will say we are acting "superior" by wanting/expecting the club to show loyalty.

It's even been mentioned here, only a few pages back.

That's fair enough, people are entitled to their opinion and that's what makes places like this forum what they are but I'd argue with anyone that someone with 20, 30, 40+ years of regular, or semi regular attendance should be ahead in the queue of someone who just fancies it this season now it looks like we might be onto something big.

The support and not to mention the £1,000s and probably 10s of £10,000s that the likes of me and many others have spent on supporting this football club all over the country and beyond over the past however many decades should count for something surely.

It's great that the team are doing so well and that it's currently the hottest ticket in town so to speak but in might not always be like this, in fact it almost certainly won't be and that's why it's a dangerous game potentially locking out 1000s of regular match going fans in favour of those who have become interested now but may not always be the case.

The fact that the club had all tbe information at it's fingertips to implement some sort of loyalty scheme but chose not to suggests that they're not really all that interested which is a shame.

31 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Am i right in thinking though that when they changed online ticketing site in 2019 they lost transactions, hence why when trust did they on getting points back to thosevwhp packed in under ashley iy was not possivle. I know they issued new supporters numbers to those who packed in.

They might use that as excuse but surely anyones history should be traced to their name or address etc?

17 minutes ago, patrone said:

Agree with all of that, but there's plenty that will say we are acting "superior" by wanting/expecting the club to show loyalty.

Because you are. Simples. 

1 minute ago, NUFC91 said:

Am i right in thinking though that when they changed online ticketing site in 2019 they lost transactions, hence why when trust did they on getting points back to thosevwhp packed in under ashley iy was not possivle. I know they issued new supporters numbers to those who packed in.

They might use that as excuse but surely anyones history should be traced to their name or address etc?

Nah that's rubbish, I've got online transactions going back to at least 2013, and emails even further 

IF they wanted the information, it's easily found.

2 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

I've still got the same supporter number as I've ever had.

To show you how long I've been a ST for in the past my number is under 30000.

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

There's someone I work with who'd rarely went to games, bought his first ever season ticket summer 2021 admitting it was on the off chance Ashley sold up that season. 3 months later he hit the fucking jackpot. 

He has, good for him

23 minutes ago, patrone said:

3 minutes ago, patrone said:

I am? 

Care to explain?

Royal "we" 🤔

4 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

He has, good for him

Yep. Everyone who stayed away knew the score.

I just don't see (other than season tickets) loyalty being taken into consideration beyond become Members and being in the same bracket particularly with the numbers involved.