Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

2 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I see they have gotten a move on for the ballot v Liverpool, opens today but with no change in the seating option. 150k memberships sold is what I heard at the weekend

Silverstone said 50k a week & half  ago so unless they’ve sold 100k in a week & half that’s a load of bollocks

4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I see they have gotten a move on for the ballot v Liverpool, opens today but with no change in the seating option. 150k memberships sold is what I heard at the weekend

150k memberships 😂 Howay man

Just now, gdm said:

Silverstone said 50k a week & half  ago so unless they’ve sold 100k in a week & half that’s a load of bollocks

aye quite possibly, that came from a friend who knows someone at the club involved with access for disabled fans so who knows

150k 😂 pure Burnsie figure that mind. It’ll be 50/60k I reckon. There’s a lot of season ticket holders I know who’ve got one too just so they can bring a bairn and sit next to them and forward on their ST. Which in itself is mental n

4 minutes ago, Holloway said:

aye that figure seems ridiculous. but at the same time we have no idea how to gauge what the actual demand is, didn't the queue top 50k in the last one?

The queue numbers kind of mean nothing though with all the multiple devices and people dropping off and rejoining. 

If we guess there’s roughly 10-12k tickets available for ballot every game, with 150k members, and even factoring not all of them enter every ballot, you’d be incredibly lucky to be successful more than 2 or 3 times a season if entering 19 times. I think we’ll find people have much better hit rates than that.

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

The queue numbers kind of mean nothing though with all the multiple devices and people dropping off and rejoining. 

If we guess there’s roughly 10-12k tickets available for ballot every game, with 150k members, and even factoring not all of them enter every ballot, you’d be incredibly lucky to be successful more than 2 or 3 times a season if entering 19 times. I think we’ll find people have much better hit rates than that.

I wouldn't say they mean 'kind of nothing', not all the members are going to be present at the same time between 10 and 11 on a thurs morning. Like I say 150k seems fantastical but I wouldn't be surprised if it was near halfway

3 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I wouldn't say they mean 'kind of nothing', not all the members are going to be present at the same time between 10 and 11 on a thurs morning. Like I say 150k seems fantastical but I wouldn't be surprised if it was near halfway

There’s was someone on here saying 5 of his mates had 100 places each in the queue. Then queue numbers are so inflated that trying to equate them to actual real numbers of people has become a pointless exercise IMO.

Just now, SteV said:

There’s was someone on here saying 5 of his mates had 100 places each in the queue. Then queue numbers are so inflated that trying to equate them to actual real numbers of people has become a pointless exercise IMO.

I think by the time you managed to look through the queue positions on a hundred different pages you'll have probably missed a few of the best ones!  :lol:

1 minute ago, thepercyarms said:

I think by the time you managed to look through the queue positions on a hundred different pages you'll have probably missed a few of the best ones!  :lol:

Probably. And that was for buying memberships when it didn’t actually matter anyway (although I understand why people were a bit reticent to take that risk).

there's 4 of us (linked memberships) who last season were regularly able get tickets and travel together from the south west of england under the old queue system and capped membership. of the 4 of us 2 were unable to access the Internet at 10am. to compensate (read over!) for this the 2 who could get on would use multi-logins, but nowhere even remotely close to a 100! :lol:

now I appreciate that there'll still be folk outraged at this unfair advantage but im also of the opinion that in the end the majority of people had cottoned on to this system and had adopted it also.

all that said, i also fully respect anybody who advocates the ballot system is fairest, albeit in its current shambolic state regarding seating arrangements/abuse by away supporters etc.

for us now, we've decided that making a linked application for 4 people with only 1 place in the ballot is ludicrous. we have 1 chance at all of us going but in all liklihood none of us will. 4 single applications means the liklihood 1 person will have a very expensive and lonely day out! 

we've opted to make the ballot spplication in 2 pairs, 2 chances all of us could go, albeit scattered to four winds in the grounds. 2 chances that at least 1 pair will come out and youll uave someone to share the travel costs with.

all a bit shit really, but there you go!  :lol:

23 hours ago, thepercyarms said:

which one?

I'm sure silverstone was rumoured to have said recently that they'd sold in excess of 50,000 memberships, could be wrong though.

I'm just taking a punt on there being 15,000 tickets sold for the game on saturday?

They sold 57k on the first day. The number will be far higher now. I calculate my chances of being successful for the Liverpool ballet at around 15%.