Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

42 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

The issue that seemed to cause consternation in the leazes was the fact that the bookies weren't there....would have to use phone to place bet...but no signal in there do can't even do that.

Yea, the signal was as bad as ever, couldn't even check the other scores.

2 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Queue was down Terrace Place. People standing in what they think is a queue but they're actually cutting into it which annoyed people; wouldn't be surprised if it kicks off if that keeps happening. 

Scanning the tickets to actually get in took no time at all, stewards were telling people what to do, where to scan et cetera so I've no idea why the queue was so bad. 

Glad you took the advice and skipped that 8th pint 🍺👍🏻

As for the delays and the causes is fairly straightforward. Imagine previous seasons when you walked to turnstiles and simply slotted ticket in no trouble regardless of which way it was facing etc. Tooks a few seconds. The new system had people holding phone wrong way and the wrong zone (Top one for physical tickets and bottom for digital) then when getting it wrong their phones had auto locked so they had to unlock and try again. Times all those added 30-60 seconds by 52k and you have your answer.

Hopefully next game will be a little smoother after this bigger trial run and also people will turn up at the ground earlier and in fairness the club did tell us too. I turned up 5ish so my usual time to compare and got in around 5:25ish only by fighting through crowds to find a shorter queue position. Many missed the KO though. Heard the Leazes wasn’t too bad but the Gallowgate for me was chaos. Lots of frustration with scanners seemingly being temperamental and forcing people to trust only one out of the two at each turnstile point as word spread when actually it was probably that person not using it correctly. As KO got close pushing and shoving started and you could feel the mood changing.

Just make sure you are at the ground 15:30-45 for the Liverpool game. Which in a way is a good thing as I always think people getting in the ground early helps the atmosphere. Might deterred the part time element also.

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Glad you took the advice and skipped that 8th pint 🍺👍🏻

As for the delays and the causes is fairly straightforward. Imagine previous seasons when you walked to turnstiles and simply slotted ticket in no trouble regardless of which way it was facing etc. Tooks a few seconds. The new system had people holding phone wrong way and the wrong zone (Top one for physical tickets and bottom for digital) then when getting it wrong their phones had auto locked so they had to unlock and try again. Times all those added 30-60 seconds by 52k and you have your answer.

Hopefully next game will be a little smoother after this bigger trial run and also people will turn up at the ground earlier and in fairness the club did tell us too. I turned up 5ish so my usual time to compare and got in around 5:25ish only by fighting through crowds to find a shorter queue position. Many missed the KO though. Heard the Leazes wasn’t too bad but the Gallowgate for me was chaos. Lots of frustration with scanners seemingly being temperamental and forcing people to trust only one out of the two at each turnstile point as word spread when actually it was probably that person not using it correctly. As KO got close pushing and shoving started and you could feel the mood changing.

Just make sure you are at the ground 15:30-45 for the Liverpool game. Which in a way is a good thing as I always think people getting in the ground early helps the atmosphere. Might deterred the part time element also.

Aye, fairs.

Just found it odd how a mate of mine went up before me at 16:45ish yet he missed kick off. I got to my seat mid way through Local Hero. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye, fairs.

Just found it odd how a mate of mine went up before me at 16:45ish yet he missed kick off. I got to my seat mid way through Local Hero. 

Was he in the Gallowgate? As the other problem with that end is because of the restrictive space there are no clearly defined queues. It’s just a mass off people forcing themselves towards a turnstile as there is no room to effectively queue in line once it gets too backlogged. Also makes it difficult to physically reach your queue if in the middle of the Gallowgate as the stairs and external concourse is rammed solid.

Just now, LFEE said:

Was he in the Gallowgate? As the other problem with that end is because of the restrictive space there are no clearly defined queues. It’s just a mass off people forcing themselves towards a turnstile as there is no room to effectively queue in line once it gets too backlogged. Also makes it difficult to physically reach your queue if in the middle of the Gallowgate as the stairs and external concourse is rammed solid.

Nah, East Stand same as me.

Didn’t work for me so I was responsible for queues building up behind me.  The stewards tried scanning my phone themselves and they also tried at the next turnstile.  I had to go down to the tent for assistance and they said I had probably turned off NFC but I have no idea what they meant and the guy couldn’t/wouldn’t explain so I ended up getting a paper ticket.

Had no problem with the friendlies last week.

3 hours ago, pedro111 said:

What are the junior magpies memberships like these days? Are they worth it? Thinking of getting the daughter one. 

You used to get a little pack of goodies for the kids but not anymore.  If you want to take your daughter to the match will be essential.

4 minutes ago, OptimusSlime said:

You used to get a little pack of goodies for the kids but not anymore.  If you want to take your daughter to the match will be essential.

Thanks that's what I was wondering really. Bit shit if you don't even get a pencil case ffs.

What Man City do with their memberships is they have it so you need to have attended five games before you can get a ticket for the opposition who they think are likely to try and get in the home end, including us.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

What Man City do with their memberships is they have it so you need to have attended five games before you can get a ticket for the opposition who they think are likely to try and get in the home end, including us.

Not sure our ticket office is that switched on tbh

8 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I suspect at some point we’ll get to something along those lines.

Might take a couple of seasons first like.

Cant see what the box office can do, it's not hard to use a fake address and a virtual payment card. Nothing is physically posted out now, so its quite easy for an away fan to join up.

We've seen people here happy to pay a few hundred extra to get to a game, the £37 fee to gamble on a ticket is nowt for an away fan that's desperate

Edited by patrone

8 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

only about 15000 of the 57000 rumoured memberships sold currently have a purchase history as it stands for this season

no mention of a previous purchase in the blurb above for the ballot.

whole thing is an unregulated shambles.

5 minutes ago, thepercyarms said:

only about 15000 of the 57000 rumoured memberships sold currently have a purchase history as it stands for this season

no mention of a previous purchase in the blurb above for the ballot.

whole thing is an unregulated shambles.

Where have you heard that statistic?

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Where have you heard that statistic?

which one?

I'm sure silverstone was rumoured to have said recently that they'd sold in excess of 50,000 memberships, could be wrong though.

I'm just taking a punt on there being 15,000 tickets sold for the game on saturday?

Just now, thepercyarms said:

which one?

I'm sure silverstone was rumoured to have said recently that they'd sold in excess of 50,000 memberships, could be wrong though.

I'm just taking a punt on there being 15,000 tickets sold for the game on saturday?

“This season”

Apologies