Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

18 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Yes I agree with that. I can see the arguments both ways. Games have been coming right down to very low points totals compared to recent seasons (where the totals needed had previously gone daft) so it's obviously worked as intended, but equally plenty lads who have gone to away games for years informally have now been locked out. 

I don't know what the solution is. Personally I hate e-tickets but a digital away ticket system would open up the possibility for a limited number of times per season (3-5?) where the name on the ticket can be formally changed before the game (and nobody gets the point). This significantly reduces the potential for empty seats, stops loyalty point hoarding, but allows a degree of reasonable flexibility and doesn't completely shut out the spares market and exiles who don't have STs. I think that is a reasonable middle ground.

Just read this post

Probably the best idea I've seen on the matter.

42 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Be interesting to see what happens. Mebbes Brian Blessed or Charlotte have struggled to get a ticket and had a word [emoji38]

Really the club should have an open debate on how to move forward and also be transparent about how ballots work and the number of tickets given to corporates / employees etc.

They were kicking about the Markt Square yesterday.

Transparency on all levels relating to ticketing would be very welcome. Not really sure why they seem so reluctant? Maybe the knowledge that they can’t please everyone whatever they do, means the just think it’s opening themselves up to even more stick 🤷🏽‍♂️

17 minutes ago, jack j said:

Cant see them stopping it now tbh like. Know a lad who's dad has lost all his. (280 odd points) cos he gave his ticket to his daughter who was over from Australia for Brighton away.

They have tried all ways to get the club to speak to them and they won't have any of it

That seems so draconian.

Obviously it was again the rules and people were warned, but still, given the context you set out, I don’t think many would feel the punishment fits the crime.

The manner in which they've been so draconian as above does it make it difficult, at least in terms of optics, to then roll it back and introduce the option for limited numbers of transfers. You'd be even more miffed in the case as above for losing all your points.

Just now, Cheshire Mag said:

When do ballot emails usually land if you’ve been successful?

In my experience the email itself will normally come from the afternoon onwards, often late in the day. Sometimes even the next working day (didn't get an email confirming a ticket for Chelsea until the Monday).

But you can normally keep an eye on your account on the site for a 'reservation' notification and the ticket may show up in there sooner than the email. Or you can check your bank account for a pending payment too.

9 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

So they introduced it after Silverstone left?

I thought we were blaming him for everything?

Edited by SteV

15 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

The two systems are virtually identical and I’m reasonably confident they’re also unique compared to rest of league

Silverstone has been at both clubs

You do the math 

They aren’t. West Ham is similar.

I think it’s a league wide thing, that’s why it takes fucking she’s to get into the stadium, especially on Saturday 3pm’s, because it’s trying to get everyone at every stadium in.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Silverstone left Arsenal in January 2022 [emoji38]

Aye, it's just pure coincidence that we now have exactly the same ticketing system as the Arse

Just because he left doesn't mean his commercial plans automatically get chucked in the bin

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

They aren’t. West Ham is similar.

I think it’s a league wide thing, that’s why it takes fucking she’s to get into the stadium, especially on Saturday 3pm’s, because it’s trying to get everyone at every stadium in.

No it's not. I can go on West Ham's website now buy a ticket and choose where I want to sit

We're on about ticket buying, not digital tickets

Edited by bobbydazzla

On 08/11/2023 at 05:29, ponsaelius said:

Yes I agree with that. I can see the arguments both ways. Games have been coming right down to very low points totals compared to recent seasons (where the totals needed had previously gone daft) so it's obviously worked as intended, but equally plenty lads who have gone to away games for years informally have now been locked out. 

I don't know what the solution is. Personally I hate e-tickets but a digital away ticket system would open up the possibility for a limited number of times per season (3-5?) where the name on the ticket can be formally changed before the game (and nobody gets the point). This significantly reduces the potential for empty seats, stops loyalty point hoarding, but allows a degree of reasonable flexibility and doesn't completely shut out the spares market and exiles who don't have STs. I think that is a reasonable middle ground.

Yeah I think this is the way to go, and realistic. There'll obviously be the argument that it's still unfair to be able to get tickets through who you know, but the club already accepts that as okay and official for home games, which are also hard to get tickets for now -  so there should be nothing stopping the club.

4 minutes ago, patrone said:

Well he's due to be at the fan event so yous can ask him directly 😂

I'm away on 22nd. Otherwise I would have turned up and offered him outside for a straightener, no holds barred                  

Edited by bobbydazzla

3 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Yeah I think this is the way to go, and realistic. There'll obviously be the argument that it's still unfair to be able to get tickets through who you know, but the club already accepts that as okay and official for home games, which are also hard to get tickets for now -  so there should be nothing stopping the club.

Agree someone get to this fan event and get this across to them. I've just applied and realised its the same day as my wife's birthday ffs

Edited by jack j

36 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Aye, it's just pure coincidence that we now have exactly the same ticketing system as the Arse

Just because he left doesn't mean his commercial plans automatically get chucked in the bin

Arsenal's Director of Ticketing was there the entire time that Silverstone was bar a few months, we don't use the same ticketing technologies, Silverstone's replacement started in late 2021 and he was likely doing fuck all for the last few months of his tenure. Also, balloting in some form is common across 'big clubs'.

Arsenal have a fairly massive business & tech team with suppliers at their beck-and-call - their commercial strategy won't be on the whim of one man, especially one who left a long time ago.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon