Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

3 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Just done it there. Gave negative/dissatisfied responses. Not sure what NUST plan to do with it. Doubt we'll hear anything back.

Present the results to the club I would have thought.

In fairness there’s not much more they can do. If people aren’t happy with something the best the Trust can do is flag it up / complain. 

I think we sometimes want the Trust to do things they don’t have the power to do.

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Present the results to the club I would have thought.

In fairness there’s not much more they can do. If people aren’t happy with something the best the Trust can do is flag it up / complain. 

I think we sometimes want the Trust to do things they don’t have the power to do.

I'd like to think they would but I've filled in plenty of their surveys over the years and rarely hear of any feedback or follow up action afterwards.

Edited by Wallsendmag

2 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

My order of preference:

1) SJP

2) Front room

3) Kitchen

4) Bedroom

5) Bathroom

6) Shed

7) Disused bus station

8) My old high school

9) At work

10) The pub

Not a pub guy I guess, if work ranks higher 

I used the text boxes to highlight how the club is run correctly and professionally. But in the terms and conditions of the takeover. I’m certain mike Ashley was able to secure sole control over ticketing and box office.

Also states the UNLIMITED memberships is basically theft.

If unlimited. Then why even have a membership in the first place.

Apart from generating money from a high % of low income families who have basically just chucked money down the drain to possibly get 2 or 3 games a season if lucky

13 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I used the text boxes to highlight how the club is run correctly and professionally. But in the terms and conditions of the takeover. I’m certain mike Ashley was able to secure sole control over ticketing and box office.

Also states the UNLIMITED memberships is basically theft.

If unlimited. Then why even have a membership in the first place.

Apart from generating money from a high % of low income families who have basically just chucked money down the drain to possibly get 2 or 3 games a season if lucky

that’s some high level conspiracy theory that. Ashley has nothing to do with the club anymore

its a tough one if you make memberships limited it becomes a closed shop like the season tickets are but on the flip side the more memberships there are the value of your membership diminishes. 

let’s be honest tho memberships are mainly a revenue maker. The club could easily just have season tickets and general sale. It’s now becoming like you need to pay the £37 to be included in pretty much a general sale but in way of a ballot. 

fuck knows what the answer is tbh. I like the membership system but it’s fast becoming worthless. That being said I did get a ticket for Liverpool I wouldn’t have got had I not been a member it just didn’t come via the ballot. Like I say Fuck knows 

Edited by gdm

20 minutes ago, gdm said:

that’s some high level conspiracy theory that. Ashley has nothing to do with the club anymore

its a tough one if you make memberships limited it becomes a closed shop like the season tickets are but on the flip side the more memberships there are the value of your membership diminishes. 

let’s be honest tho memberships are mainly a revenue maker. The club could easily just have season tickets and general sale. It’s now becoming like you need to pay the £37 to be included in pretty much a general sale but in way of a ballot. 

fuck knows what the answer is tbh. I like the membership system but it’s fast becoming worthless. That being said I did get a ticket for Liverpool I wouldn’t have got had I not been a member it just didn’t come via the ballot. Like I say Fuck knows 

NUFC memberships are now just a £37 payment to take part in a general ballot or access resale tickets. Which is dogshit.

We're measuring ourselves versus Tottenham on the pitch, but look at how we compare for memberships. 

They've already got tickets on sale to members for games that go up to Nov 25th. We get a weeks notice to enter a fucking ballot.

And they also get loads of benefits and discounts for their £45-55 annual payment.

Screenshot-2023-08-30-110421.jpg

Screenshot-2023-08-30-110456.jpg

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

NUFC memberships are now just a £37 payment to take part in a general ballot or access resale tickets. Which is dogshit.

We're measuring ourselves versus Tottenham on the pitch, but look at how we compare for memberships. 

They've already got tickets on sale to members for games that go up to Nov 25th. We get a weeks notice to enter a fucking ballot.

And they also get loads of benefits and discounts for their £45-55 annual payment.

Whilst I don’t dispute that seems a much better system, and hope we move to some level of tiered system going forward, what criteria would you have used to establish who got what tier for this season?

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Absolutely. It’s shit. I mean that’s a lot of stuff but half of it is for junior members and most of is stuff Newcastle can’t or don’t offer like the karting or the spurs play subscription (tho nufc have some free streaming thing) 

the season ticket waiting list place, shop gift voucher & ground tour voucher are decent. 

I’m hoping Newcastle will learn from this season and offer a better membership in coming seasons. Got to give them a slight benefit of the doubt the membership is pretty much the same as under Ashley minus a gift pack 

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Whilst I don’t dispute that seems a much better system, and hope we move to some level of tiered system going forward, what criteria would you have used to establish who got what tier for this season?

Doesn’t one tier just cost more than the other ?

Just had a look in more detail at Chelsea’s and it shows us up. 

It has all ticket sale release dates for the whole season on their website (they release 42 days before each league fixture). 

This is their loyalty point system - which members can also gain points for:

HOW DO YOU GAIN LOYALTY POINTS?

Points will be awarded for purchasing tickets to all competitive men’s first team fixtures, with the number of points gained dependent on opposition/competition. Points will be issued per match and not per ticket purchased.

One point: Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham home and away matches in the Premier League. When qualified, UEFA competition home knockout-stage fixtures.

Three points: All remaining home and away Premier League matches.

Five points: FA Cup matches (excluding the semi-final and final). League Cup home and away matches (excluding the final). When qualified, UEFA competition group-stage home matches, all UEFA competition away matches (excluding UEFA competition finals). When qualified, the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup final and the FIFA Club World Cup.  

WHICH MATCHES ARE SOLD USING LOYALTY POINTS?

In addition to any domestic cup finals, FA Cup semi-finals, match tickets for Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham home and away matches will be sold on a loyalty-point basis where possible.

Away matches against Bournemouth, Brentford, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Luton Town and West Ham United will also be sold on a loyalty-point basis where possible.

The final home and away matches of the season will also be sold on a loyalty-point basis. Chelsea Football Club reserves the right to apply the use of the loyalty-points process to the buying of match tickets for any other fixture outside of the matches listed above, if required.

Chelsea Football Club also reserves the right to allow season ticket holders a further opportunity to apply for the members' away match ticket allocation should they not sell out in adequate time.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Points will not be awarded for attendance at any domestic cup final or the FA Cup semi-final, for Chelsea Women matches, or for Academy and friendly matches.

Points will be issued per match and not per match ticket.

Further point bonuses may be attached to specific matches during the season.

Loyalty points are added to a supporter's account immediately after purchase unless stated otherwise.

If any season tickets become available for future seasons, the loyalty-points scheme will be used. 

Loyalty points cannot be gained through Ticket Exchange purchases.

5 bonus loyalty points if you become a member before July 21 2023 (Offer Ended)

Any games that are played in the 1st month of the season, 2022/23 season loyalty points will be used

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

I haven’t looked into it fully, but my impression for Spurs was that there are two tiers and they’re based on price.

Membership is £45

Membership+ is £55

Happy to be corrected if that isn’t the case 

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Just had a look in more detail at Chelsea’s and it shows us up. 

It has all ticket sale release dates for the whole season on their website (they release 42 days before each league fixture). 

This is their loyalty point system - which members can also gain points for:

HOW DO YOU GAIN LOYALTY POINTS?

Points will be awarded for purchasing tickets to all competitive men’s first team fixtures, with the number of points gained dependent on opposition/competition. Points will be issued per match and not per ticket purchased.

One point: Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham home and away matches in the Premier League. When qualified, UEFA competition home knockout-stage fixtures.

Three points: All remaining home and away Premier League matches.

Five points: FA Cup matches (excluding the semi-final and final). League Cup home and away matches (excluding the final). When qualified, UEFA competition group-stage home matches, all UEFA competition away matches (excluding UEFA competition finals). When qualified, the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup final and the FIFA Club World Cup.  

WHICH MATCHES ARE SOLD USING LOYALTY POINTS?

In addition to any domestic cup finals, FA Cup semi-finals, match tickets for Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham home and away matches will be sold on a loyalty-point basis where possible.

Away matches against Bournemouth, Brentford, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Luton Town and West Ham United will also be sold on a loyalty-point basis where possible.

The final home and away matches of the season will also be sold on a loyalty-point basis. Chelsea Football Club reserves the right to apply the use of the loyalty-points process to the buying of match tickets for any other fixture outside of the matches listed above, if required.

Chelsea Football Club also reserves the right to allow season ticket holders a further opportunity to apply for the members' away match ticket allocation should they not sell out in adequate time.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Points will not be awarded for attendance at any domestic cup final or the FA Cup semi-final, for Chelsea Women matches, or for Academy and friendly matches.

Points will be issued per match and not per match ticket.

Further point bonuses may be attached to specific matches during the season.

Loyalty points are added to a supporter's account immediately after purchase unless stated otherwise.

If any season tickets become available for future seasons, the loyalty-points scheme will be used. 

Loyalty points cannot be gained through Ticket Exchange purchases.

5 bonus loyalty points if you become a member before July 21 2023 (Offer Ended)

Any games that are played in the 1st month of the season, 2022/23 season loyalty points will be used

I’m guessing here but I’m assuming that system has been in place for a few years. We are still running off the Ashley era membership system so is it any surprise it’s shite? You’d have to hope the club will really take on the feedback and we’ll see a massively improved and different membership next season 

3 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I haven’t looked into it fully, but my impression for Spurs was that there are two tiers and they’re based on price.

Membership is £45

Membership+ is £55

Happy to be corrected if that isn’t the case 

Would that actually make much difference to your chances of getting a ticket then?

If you’re coughing up £37, you’d probably go to £47, so we’re not really any further forward?

*appreciate there seems to be other stuff on top of tickets, and whilst we need to be working on something along those lines, it’s secondary to the tickets in most people’s thinking I would have thought.