Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Other than buying tickets, have any of the members on here used any of those benefits ? Genuine question.

None of them is of any interest to me personally, but maybe I'm in a minority

No, never.

I've used the discount at Shearers and tour discount a few times, and also the pre match 10% off the odd time when in the Platinum.

Anyone can hire the room for events though, no different to members, and I've no idea what the "digital events" are 

Was it confirmed that all tickets for Brighton were sold in the ballot, did anyone report not getting one ? Is there a possibility it was undersubscribed and they just never arsed themselves selling the remaining ones to members ?

The trust need to start putting some pressure on the clubs ticketing policy it’s a complete shower at the minute.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Was it confirmed that all tickets for Brighton were sold in the ballot, did anyone report not getting one ? Is there a possibility it was undersubscribed and they just never arsed themselves selling the remaining ones to members ?

The trust need to start putting some pressure on the clubs ticketing policy it’s a complete shower at the minute.

Honestly think there must've been hundreds unsold/unused today.

Got a feeling they held their ballot didn’t shift all the tickets, maybe had some corporate ones returned and for whatever reason they have no current policy/will to put on sale to members.

If that’s the case the membership scheme really is a joke if they can’t be bothered to offer unsold away tickets to members.

Also worth noting the club get charged for unsold away tickets if that was the case here.

Edited by Whitley mag

If it's people hoarding points though, have a 3 strikes and you're out policy. Pretty sure the club can get from the away ground which seats having scanned in. Can't just give the tickets to a mate anymore. The people who were benefitting from this you'd imagine can get tickets when the loyalty points drop through the categories, or the tickets taken up in the ballot etc. 

So the people complaining about people buying away tickets and not attending themselves are now buying tickets and not attending? But now the seats are empty rather than giving them to fans who have no other way of getting to away games. Unbelievable. 

3 minutes ago, Vedder said:

So the people complaining about people buying away tickets and not attending themselves are now buying tickets and not attending? But now the seats are empty rather than giving them to fans who have no other way of getting to away games. Unbelievable. 

It's that, or people buying the tickets just to gain their points but not being to pass on as easy.

I think it’s quite obvious that there’s been a cock up at the clubs end. The empty seats all being together suggests they are from a single transaction or allocation thereabouts. Seems a stretch to think that a dozen or more people who have bought not to use were all just happening to be sat together surely. Probably the batch for corporate boxes and they thought it was too much hassle in the end.

The problem is the selfish wankers buying the ticket for the point and not going. Hopefully all clubs can get together so every ticket is scanned failure to go results in negative points. There is ton of people who would have loved to have gone to yesterday and this is getting twisted into it being the clubs fault. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's that, or people buying the tickets just to gain their points but not being to pass on as easy.

I thought your ticket had to be scanned at the turnstile for you to gain the loyalty point?

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

I think it’s quite obvious that there’s been a cock up at the clubs end. The empty seats all being together suggests they are from a single transaction or allocation thereabouts. Seems a stretch to think that a dozen or more people who have bought not to use were all just happening to be sat together surely. Probably the batch for corporate boxes and they thought it was too much hassle in the end.

Yeah I think it's highly unlikely a whole section of fans decided not to attend. More like a mess up in their allocation.

22 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I thought your ticket had to be scanned at the turnstile for you to gain the loyalty point?

Nope that’s never been the case. When you purchase an away ticket your receipt confirms loyalty point gained.

16 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Nope that’s never been the case. When you purchase an away ticket your receipt confirms loyalty point gained.

But it never goes on straight away if u notice. Its always after the game.

21 minutes ago, Scoot said:

But it never goes on straight away if u notice. It’s always after the game.

I would guess that’s more of an IT issue but I’ll stand corrected obviously if not. I just know at point of purchase I’m notified I’ve gained one. I guess it’s set up so it’s added if fixture goes ahead rather than you attend for refund purposes etc.