Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

So the people complaining about people buying away tickets and not attending themselves are now buying tickets and not attending? But now the seats are empty rather than giving them to fans who have no other way of getting to away games. Unbelievable. 

3 minutes ago, Vedder said:

So the people complaining about people buying away tickets and not attending themselves are now buying tickets and not attending? But now the seats are empty rather than giving them to fans who have no other way of getting to away games. Unbelievable. 

It's that, or people buying the tickets just to gain their points but not being to pass on as easy.

I think it’s quite obvious that there’s been a cock up at the clubs end. The empty seats all being together suggests they are from a single transaction or allocation thereabouts. Seems a stretch to think that a dozen or more people who have bought not to use were all just happening to be sat together surely. Probably the batch for corporate boxes and they thought it was too much hassle in the end.

The problem is the selfish wankers buying the ticket for the point and not going. Hopefully all clubs can get together so every ticket is scanned failure to go results in negative points. There is ton of people who would have loved to have gone to yesterday and this is getting twisted into it being the clubs fault. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's that, or people buying the tickets just to gain their points but not being to pass on as easy.

I thought your ticket had to be scanned at the turnstile for you to gain the loyalty point?

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

I think it’s quite obvious that there’s been a cock up at the clubs end. The empty seats all being together suggests they are from a single transaction or allocation thereabouts. Seems a stretch to think that a dozen or more people who have bought not to use were all just happening to be sat together surely. Probably the batch for corporate boxes and they thought it was too much hassle in the end.

Yeah I think it's highly unlikely a whole section of fans decided not to attend. More like a mess up in their allocation.

22 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I thought your ticket had to be scanned at the turnstile for you to gain the loyalty point?

Nope that’s never been the case. When you purchase an away ticket your receipt confirms loyalty point gained.

16 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Nope that’s never been the case. When you purchase an away ticket your receipt confirms loyalty point gained.

But it never goes on straight away if u notice. Its always after the game.

21 minutes ago, Scoot said:

But it never goes on straight away if u notice. It’s always after the game.

I would guess that’s more of an IT issue but I’ll stand corrected obviously if not. I just know at point of purchase I’m notified I’ve gained one. I guess it’s set up so it’s added if fixture goes ahead rather than you attend for refund purposes etc.

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

What is the point in the digital membership card if it doesn't grant you access to the stadium?

I'm guessing match tickets will get loaded to the card now ?‍♂️

Otherwise it's not much use really.

2 minutes ago, patrone said:

I'm guessing match tickets will get loaded to the card now ?‍♂️

Otherwise it's not much use really.

Yeah, this is what I assumed but the email says:

'Please note: your membership card is not a ticket and does not grant access to the stadium for any event.'

??‍♂️

Just now, Dan said:

Yeah, this is what I assumed but the email says:

'Please note: your membership card is not a ticket and does not grant access to the stadium for any event.'

??‍♂️

As we've seen from the outset, its been poorly implemented so far, so who knows 

3 hours ago, Scoot said:

But it never goes on straight away if u notice. Its always after the game.

Doesn't go on straight away but the point is awarded regardless. Until there becomes a time when our ticketing system can "talk" to opposition clubs ticketing systems then it won't change.