Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

43 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Guessing there's a few in here who must hate this thread or have never done it. 

Had thought about launching myself into that thread every time someone moans about tourists and the forrin. got to be a few "This you" moments 

47 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I guess it kind of depends.

If we weren’t in the situation we are with tickets, where people are desperate for them, but can’t get them, there probably wouldn’t be the negativity towards perceived ‘outsiders’.

A ‘tourist’ taking a ticket that nobody else wants isn’t doing anyone any harm.

8 minutes ago, Sima said:

Also, different imo getting tickets in an away end as opposed to a home end.

Yeah, I mean however bad things have been, there’s always been demand for 90% of away games.

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Yeah, could've been player's friends. Regardless there's going to be more people speaking forrin at our games because we'll become internationally recognised. It's the way it is and, imho, not a negative. Ticket wise. 

Of course, I agree it’s a positive myself to a certain extent. Just slightly unfair on season ticket holders with no points and genuine members wanting to go an away game. I suppose there’s always gonna be people missing out, but when there’s quite visibly a fair few day trippers going instead of genuine fans, it’s worth a discussion. 

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Yeah, could've been player's friends. Regardless there's going to be more people speaking forrin at our games because we'll become internationally recognised. It's the way it is and, imho, not a negative. Ticket wise. 

Well it is when you pride your club on having some of the best away ends in the country

It would be better if the superfans on Twitter actually came up with a realistic solution, as opposed to demanding a return to select fans controlling tens of tickets and folk who don’t go piling up their loyalty points. The club are never going to agree to that, regardless of it happening in the past, and I doubt the home team and the PL would approve either.

Gone are the days of terrace, pissing in each others pockets to stay warm and climbing trees and floodlights to watch the game. Gone are the days of clubs not bothering about who is in each seat. It may be worse, but it’s not going back to the way it was, like it or not.

9 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

It would be better if the superfans on Twitter actually came up with a realistic solution, as opposed to demanding a return to select fans controlling tens of tickets and folk who don’t go piling up their loyalty points. The club are never going to agree to that, regardless of it happening in the past, and I doubt the home team and the PL would approve either.

Gone are the days of terrace, pissing in each others pockets to stay warm and climbing trees and floodlights to watch the game. Gone are the days of clubs not bothering about who is in each seat. It may be worse, but it’s not going back to the way it was, like it or not.

That’s a fair point.

There’s far too much pissing and moaning for the sake of it. Well, I say that, and then I also think people have the right to have the opinion that something is shit, whilst not really knowing what a viable solution is.

You’re completely right though that the club is never going to just ‘put it back’. Exactly like digital home ticketing, it’s here to stay, so people need to accept that, and think about ways that it can be changed to improve.

FWIW I actually think an eventual move to fully digital away ticketing will help. I reckon that free’s up the ability to transfer tickets in the manner you can with home tickets currently. Even if it’s no loyalty point involved and only a limited number of times a season.

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

That’s a fair point.

There’s far too much pissing and moaning for the sake of it. Well, I say that, and then I also think people have the right to have the opinion that something is shit, whilst not really knowing what a viable solution is.

You’re completely right though that the club is never going to just ‘put it back’. Exactly like digital home ticketing, it’s here to stay, so people need to accept that, and think about ways that it can be changed to improve.

FWIW I actually think an eventual move to fully digital away ticketing will help. I reckon that free’s up the ability to transfer tickets in the manner you can with home tickets currently. Even if it’s no loyalty point involved and only a limited number of times a season.

Social media in a nutshell.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

That’s a fair point.

Yeah. I’m sure there’ll be ways to improve what’s happening now, and with regards to home tickets, I’m sure more could be done to find out which seats are going up on these sell on websites. My mate got one for £210 for PSG and I encouraged him to forward the seat number to the club after the event, but he didn’t. The persons name was on the digital ticket sent to him too.

For what it’s worth, Wednesday will be the first away game I’ve been on my own ticket since Everton away under McClaren (enough to put you off any game), and I’ve relied on friends getting me them when I’ve been ever since. I was lucky enough to get my ST back in the 1000 after giving it up when Bruce arrived. I hope I can be forgiven, given I’m travelling from Scotland. Ha. 10-15 years ago I used to be able to get away tickets on a membership pretty easily too. Even got Anfield on a membership when Barton got sent off in the relegation season. Boro the last time we were there.

Anyway, I’m going on. The change has inconvenienced me as shown above, but I think we need a bit more than toys out the pram reaction.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Also, different imo getting tickets in an away end as opposed to a home end.

Whey exactly. Filling an empty seat on general sale at a club's home game is quite clearly very different to a very limited supply of away end tickets being farmed off at a corporate level to randoms.

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Nah. Not having that

Someone can go and watch a game as a neutral or tourist without causing issues for genuine fans of those clubs

It’s all relative to how easy it is to get tickets to the game and how you behave when you’re in the ground 

I’ve been lucky enough to go to a big Rio derby game between Flamengo & Vasco at the Maracana and there was 40,000 empty seats, me being there made fuck all difference to the fans of either side 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, JJ7 said:

Yeah. I’m sure there’ll be ways to improve what’s happening now, and with regards to home tickets, I’m sure more could be done to find out which seats are going up on these sell on websites. My mate got one for £210 for PSG and I encouraged him to forward the seat number to the club after the event, but he didn’t. The persons name was on the digital ticket sent to him too.

For what it’s worth, Wednesday will be the first away game I’ve been on my own ticket since Everton away under McClaren (enough to put you off any game), and I’ve relied on friends getting me them when I’ve been ever since. I was lucky enough to get my ST back in the 1000 after giving it up when Bruce arrived. I hope I can be forgiven, given I’m travelling from Scotland. Ha. 10-15 years ago I used to be able to get away tickets on a membership pretty easily too. Even got Anfield on a membership when Barton got sent off in the relegation season. Boro the last time we were there.

Anyway, I’m going on. The change has inconvenienced me as shown above, but I think we need a bit more than toys out the pram reaction.

I couldn't get an away ticket since the takeover, Man Utd will be the third away game I've attended in just over a month using my own account. I'm sure there'll be plenty others having similar success this season.

1 hour ago, Tross said:

I see NUFC have bumped the price of a cat 2 ticket for Chelsea (h) by £3.00 so they can make the money back they lost from honouring the Arsenal (h) price. ;D

Cat2 was £41 v Arsenal and is £47 v Chelsea. It's all getting a bit silly now. Glad I've taken the decision to sit the rest of this season out, although tbf they were sort of taking that out of my hands anyway with my luck in the ballots :lol:

Jesus Christ someone in the ticket office covering their arse and compounding it by trying to claw the mistake back.

Tickets had already been increased this season, absolutely no time currently for the execs that have been brought in sickening.

Don't know what everyone is complaining about. We get a whole three weeks notice of our success in the Chelsea ballot.

If I'm successful I might be able to nab a £110 train ticket instead of £175. Everything's coming up wormy. :fwap: 

16 minutes ago, Sima said:

Shady as fuck changing ticket pricing midway through the season.

What's to stop Cat 2 being £55 for Man City later down the line?

It's dodgy as fuck. Surprised if it's allowed and if it is, it shouldn't be! There's literally no transparency within the ticketing department at all. They just seem to be a law to themselves.

Not sure how they can justify Chelsea being a more attractive match than Arsenal.

10 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

It's dodgy as fuck. Surprised if it's allowed and if it is, it shouldn't be! There's literally no transparency within the ticketing department at all. They just seem to be a law to themselves.

Not sure how they can justify Chelsea being a more attractive match than Arsenal.

It's not more attractive. Category 2 tickets are £44, they cocked up and put the Arsenal tickets on for £41 when announcing the ballot but said they would honour the price. So we all paid £41. Now they have stuck the price up by £3 for Chelsea to £47 thus not honouring their original mistake. I imagine the next game will be back to £44 but anything is possible these days :laugh:

Edited by Tross

12 minutes ago, Tross said:

It's not more attractive. Category 2 tickets are £44, they cocked up and put the Arsenal tickets on for £41 when announcing the ballot but said they would honour the price. So we all paid £41. Now they have stuck the price up by £3 for Chelsea to £47 thus not honouring their original mistake. I imagine the next game will be back to £44 but anything is possible these days :laugh:

Ah right. I assumed the cock up was because they'd got the kids prices wrong and they were coming up as £0. Didn't realise they'd also cocked up the adult prices!