Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

54 minutes ago, SteV said:

Don’t think people have been notified if they’ve been successful yet have they?

It said everybody would be told by 4pm on the 16th.

Just got an email through to say I have an online place.

And I've just had email to say I was "unlucky" so applied as a pair one of us was successful

hahaha

ffs

"Thank you for your interest in our We Are United Supporter Event at St. James’ Park.

Places have been allocated via a random selection and unfortunately you have not been successful in securing a place at this event on this occasion. Demand for this event was extremely high. You will be added to our priority list as a future attendee for further supporter events.

We would welcome any further comments you would like to contribute. Please email these to [email protected].

If places do become available at short notice, we will ballot the unsuccessful applicants to offer the opportunity."

Edited by patrone

52 minutes ago, patrone said:

And I've just had email to say I was "unlucky" so applied as a pair one of us was successful

hahaha

ffs

"Thank you for your interest in our We Are United Supporter Event at St. James’ Park.

Places have been allocated via a random selection and unfortunately you have not been successful in securing a place at this event on this occasion. Demand for this event was extremely high. You will be added to our priority list as a future attendee for further supporter events.

We would welcome any further comments you would like to contribute. Please email these to [email protected].

If places do become available at short notice, we will ballot the unsuccessful applicants to offer the opportunity."

Yep, got that too 

On 10/11/2023 at 11:50, jack j said:

Agree someone get to this fan event and get this across to them. I've just applied and realised its the same day as my wife's birthday ffs

Shock horror..

Theyve emailed saying I've got a place for the in person attendance.. Got until 17th to knock it back or tell the wife...

Edited by jack j

5 hours ago, jack j said:

Shock horror..

Theyve emailed saying I've got a place for the in person attendance.. Got until 17th to knock it back or tell the wife...

The moment you’ve been waiting for… 

Got a list of questions?

• 2 weeks later...

@patrone @jack j

I know at least one of you attended so can you confirm memberships sold?

In previous conversation with @patrone we had sold 55k approx in 2 days and we have slightly less than half the members of Dortmund (180k) so would leave us with having a total figure of 55-89k memberships sold.

Just listened to the Gallowgate Shots podcast and the lad who was in attendance for them says the club confirmed on the night we’d sold 10k memberships with 20% of them not even used to apply for tickets so far which makes absolutely no sense to me.

If the ground is 52300 approximately and away fans get just over 3K so we’ll say it brings us down to 48/49k so let’s go with lower.

ST figures reportedly between 30-35k so let’s play save with the higher which leaves 13k tickets I keep saying we have available match to match.

How is 8k applicants not fitting into 13k tickets available? 

Can you recollect what was actually said as there seemed no ambiguity on this podcast but the sums don’t back it up.

Well then he's lying

No exact figures were mentioned regarding membership or ST holders.

"Dortmund have 180k members, we have less than half" is exactly what was said.

"Around 20% of memberships sold have not entered a ballot"

?‍♂️

Edited by patrone

That 10k figure is miles off. Peter Silverstone said approx 50k within 48 hours on a podcast and then at the event last week said less than half of Dortmund's numbers. So it's somewhere between 50k and 90k.

29 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

No chance our membership number is around 10k.

Yep makes no sense. Maybe international memberships sold this season possibly and was misheard? We’ve clearly got around 80k give or take.

Not sure why they can't just be transparent about it. We bought tickets to watch Borussia Monchengladbach the other week and I got an email off them on Monday saying they had 98,486 members and did I want to sign up and get them closer to 100,000.

All German clubs reveal their exact membership numbers.

54 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Not sure why they can't just be transparent about it. We bought tickets to watch Borussia Monchengladbach the other week and I got an email off them on Monday saying they had 98,486 members and did I want to sign up and get them closer to 100,000.

All German clubs reveal their exact membership numbers.

They claim ‘commercial sensitivity’, but agreed, it would be beneficial for fans to know.

Nice of the bellends to give me a heart attack with the 'remember to get there early' email for the Man U match that as far as I'm aware, only goes out if you're successful in the ballot. :lol:

Made me re-check my account and nope, next ticket is still Fulham. 

Edited by wormy

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question around memberships & tickets....my mate has got a ticket for Saturday - currently residing in his Apple Wallet. He got it by via another member winning the ballot, who then sent the email to him with the link to add the ticket to wallet....which it did with no problem.

I was amazed that this had happened, but will the e-ticket actually work at the turnstile? If so, then this is surely an easy way to get a ticket from someone else. But wasn't the whole e-ticketing brought in to stop this kind of thing happening?

7 minutes ago, Wandy said:

A quick question around memberships & tickets....my mate has got a ticket for Saturday - currently residing in his Apple Wallet. He got it by via another member winning the ballot, who then sent the email to him with the link to add the ticket to wallet....which it did with no problem.

I was amazed that this had happened, but will the e-ticket actually work at the turnstile? If so, then this is surely an easy way to get a ticket from someone else. But wasn't the whole e-ticketing brought in to stop this kind of thing happening?

Yes you can send it to anyone. It will only work once though.

No reason the membership was likely brought in was so the club could decide how big a ground we need and what is the actual demand for tickets. We currently have 30-35K ST holders and approx 72K members.

The reason E-Ticketing was brought in was to reduce carbon footprint and reduce postage and admin costs short term. Longer term the tickets may become less transferable but can’t see that being for a few years.

Edited by LFEE

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Yes you can send it to anyone.

No reason the membership was likely brought in was so the club could decide how big a ground we need and what is the actual demand for tickets. We currently have 30-35K ST holders and approx 72K members.

The reason E-Ticketing was brought in was to reduce carbon footprint and reduce postage and admin costs short term. Longer term the tickets may become less transferable but can’t see that being for a few years.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm pretty surprised that it's allowed, as it is a massive touting gateway. I honestly thought the main reason was that the club wanted to know exactly who was inside the stadium.

Why on earth are they so strict on away tickets then ffs? What a shit show that is.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yes you can send it to anyone. It will only work once though.

Aye, with talk of us getting an app presumably the digital ticketing endgame will be to have all tickets on the app, connected to our memberships/supporter accounts etc where they'll be able to fairly easily police it.

9 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Yeah, I thought the tech behind it would be more sophisticated than it seems to be.

In theory, advanced digital ticketing should make it harder to shift tickets on, and therefore make touting more difficult. However, what we currently have actually makes it easier.

Just now, SteV said:

Yeah, I thought the tech behind it would be more sophisticated than it seems to be.

In theory, advanced digital ticketing should make it harder to shift tickets on, and therefore make touting more difficult. However, what we currently have actually makes it easier.

Exactly. No wonder these touting sites can offer tickets. They probably have multiple memberships and are entering the ballot and flogging them on for a big mark-up.

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Thanks for clarifying. I'm pretty surprised that it's allowed, as it is a massive touting gateway. I honestly thought the main reason was that the club wanted to know exactly who was inside the stadium.

Why on earth are they so strict on away tickets then ffs? What a shit show that is.

No problem. Like I’ve been debating since start of the season the home  ticket system has been a far bigger mess than the away games. Absolutely rife for touting from anywhere around the world with a membership.

Its the ST holders that have the restrictions so the club knows who’s in those seats either the holder themselves or a guest.

The whole ticketing changes were brought in to a degree because people weren’t happy that a number of people had 35+ STs in one name each and therefore were using as a sideline for home and away games including coach travel etc. That’s why there was an amnesty to confirm a name for each seat.