Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

Just now, OCK said:

They keep sending me emails reminding me about tickets and memberships. They must know I haven't signed back up. Maybe if I had had more than two tickets last season I would have. I know you're reading this Mr. Earles. 

Tbf I've had an email, 2 days ago, telling me "time is running out to get a chance of tickets for the first game of the season with a link for memberships" 

I've already got my MegaDoublePlusMembership but followed the link anyway for a look. 

It took me to the page to buy a membership and, when I clicked on it, it told me I already had one. 😂

Must have the same IT system as the Labour Party. Still get emails off of those fake tory bastards 2 years after binning them off. 

22 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Last season I picked my category, won/lost and knew where I stood.

Now I could win in the ballot, then have the same problem of relying on others to do a favour and get me in the price band I was looking for, paying higher bands than I was previously, or going back to two seasons ago and missing out completely most games again.

Those who shout loudest I guess....

You didn't know where you stood really though. For example the Leazes and the Gallowgate are both Cat2 (as are the edges of the Milburn Paddock, plus the section right next to the away fans). I absolutely love the Gallowgate but I dislike the Leazes to the point where I'd sooner watch on TV. Full of moaners and hate being underneath the away fans.

Had 2 successful Cat2 applications last season but sadly both were in the Leazes and I didn't enjoy it. Nobody singing, all you could hear was the away fans. It just wasn't for me. At least this way I can see what seats are available if I'm successful in the ballot and then I can make an informed decision if there's any areas of the ground to my liking that I can sit in.

Ultimately the old way was still the best way in my opinion, but they'll never go back to that now.

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

You did. You knew if you were in Category B for example, you'd sit either stand 1, stand 2 and that's how much you'd pay for it.

Now you enter a ballot with no idea what you're paying if you win. 

But the biggest complaint was not being able to choose a seat, no? That came up again and again almost every match.

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

You did. You knew if you were in Category B for example, you'd sit either stand 1, stand 2 and that's how much you'd pay for it.

Now you enter a ballot with no idea what you're paying if you win. 

And then can make an informed decision on whether you go ahead with your purchase or not based on what seats are available when you go to select your seats.. Last season I was paying for seats in areas I didn't want to be in.

Guess that's where the "those shouting loudest" comes in. I was happy just to get a seat with the way it is at the moment. Was grateful just to be able to attend. Now if I'm not around at 10am on a Friday or someone else isn't able to do it, I could be shoved into a higher ticket price bracket which I don't agree with.

Anyway, I'm out of the discussion, just pissed off. People who walked away saying they accepted what they were doing as it was for the greater good (absolutely fine), now pissing their pants now they can't sit where they want. Always going to be the case until we get a bigger ground either at SJP or away from it. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Guess that's where the "those shouting loudest" comes in. I was happy just to get a seat with the way it is at the moment. Was grateful just to be able to attend. Now if I'm not around at 10am on a Friday or someone else isn't able to do it, I could be shoved into a higher ticket price bracket which I don't agree with.

Anyway, I'm out of the discussion, just pissed off. People who walked away saying they accepted what they were doing as it was for the greater good (absolutely fine), now pissing their pants now they can't sit where they want. Always going to be the case until we get a bigger ground either at SJP or away from it. 

Nobody pissing their pants here. Just saying that you have more control over where you sit now than you did last season. That's a fact.

The old way, which was the best way in my opinion, was the same whereby you had to make sure you had to be around when the tickets went on sale to be in with a chance of getting them and tbf going back over the years that was always the case. It's known as first come, first served.

Bottom line is still the same. The ground simply isn't up to the needs of the football club any more.

2 minutes ago, whiteline said:

NUFC marketing email just arrived. Great way to get people to open it up! Its about watching pre season fixtures...

still waiting ballot results.

Looks like all the alerts are on accounts now, if not there by now it's looking bleak. 

5 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Ultimately the old way was still the best way in my opinion, but they'll never go back to that now.

They have 🙂

Thats the next phase after first phase have picked their seats. There’s a first come first served phase (queue/man walking). 

Then there is the third phase which is the returns/re-sells from corporate/ST Holders.

Based on social media, sounds like no confirmation emails have been sent out as yet.

Also, sounds like the alert people had on their accounts has disappeared too.

Edited by Sifu

22 minutes ago, JoeyBartoon said:

Successful again in the ballot. I was also successful 9 times out of 10 last season, only ever apply for family section with my daughter, not sure there’s anything in that tbh 

Was always loads family section seats available after the ballots last year so maybe