Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

40 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Sorry if this has been answered or seems obvious, I just want to make sure my understanding of the process is correct. 

If I was to become a member, I can enter a ballot for a ticket to every home game (albeit a slim chance of succeeding) is that right?

im not local so joining any ST waiting list wouldn’t work for me, but would be nice to get up for the odd game here or there. 

Yes, that’s correct.

The success rate of getting a ticket is supposedly around 30% for any given game, although obviously it probably varies a bit depending on how popular of a game it is. And people on here will tell you from personal experiences it can vary quite dramatically in terms of individuals. But in a way that’s sort of what you would expect from a random ballot.

There’s obviously some other quite considerable gripes, particularly not being able to choose where you sit, other than a generic price band, which can cover a wide array of different areas.

Your only other option is to find a ST holder who isn’t going to a game, and they can transfer their ticket over to you (just need an NUFC account for this, not a full blown membership).

Edited by SteV

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yes, that’s correct.

The success rate of getting a ticket is supposedly around 30% for any given game, although obviously it probably varies a bit depending on how popular of a game it is. And people on here will tell you from personal experiences it can vary quite dramatically in terms of individuals. But in a way that’s sort of what you would expect from a random ballot.

There’s obviously some other quite considerable gripes, particularly not being able to choose where you sit, other than a generic price band, which can cover of wide array of different areas.

Your only other option is to find a ST holder who isn’t going to a game, and they can transfer their ticket over to you (just need an NUFC account for this, not a full blown membership).

Thanks mate. 

membership would be the only way for me really. I don’t know anyone from Newcastle or anyone with a ST. 

Think I will buy a membership next year and try my luck that way!

Edit: is there also ballots for away games? Not sure if I’ve read it somewhere or made it up.

Edited by NWMag

10 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Thanks mate. 

membership would be the only way for me really. I don’t know anyone from Newcastle or anyone with a ST. 

Edit: is there also ballots for away games? Not sure if I’ve read it somewhere or made it up.

Yes but for ST holders only.

Also memberships still on sale for this season in case you were unaware.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yes but for ST holders only.

Also memberships still on sale for this season in case you were unaware.

Ah wasn’t sure if they would be, thanks for the heads up!

On 08/01/2024 at 15:05, NWMag said:

Thanks mate. 

If you have a membership you are also eligible to buy a ticket through the resale process. This is where season ticket holders resell their ticket through the NUFC ticket office if they can't make a particular match. I don't bother with the ballots anymore as I was fed up of sitting where I didn't want to be, and for the Man Utd and Fulham games bought my ticket this way instead.

3 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

If you have a membership you are also eligible to buy a ticket through the resale process. This is where season ticket holders resell their ticket through the NUFC ticket office if they can't make a particular match. I don't bother with the ballots anymore as I was fed up of sitting where I didn't want to be, and for the Man Utd and Fulham games bought my ticket this way instead.

Hadn’t even thought of that! Thanks mate 

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Never ever managed to get a ticket through the resale.

Only got 1 ticket so far this year via the ballot and have applied for all but 3 games.

It's not too difficult, just takes some persistence on the F5 button and a rapid mouse finger

Day or two before the game is best time to try

And if you're still struggling hit up some of the resale-nonces who hang around in the Tickets threads, a few of us have got the technique down and sorted out resale tickets on behalf of people who were struggling

Edited by bobbydazzla

Got offered a spot for the away tickets…

Really think I’m going to have to stand up and say something as opposed to their shite box ticking exercise 

9 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Got offered a spot for the away tickets…

Really think I’m going to have to stand up and say something as opposed to their shite box ticking exercise 

I missed out again.

8 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

I don’t even have any skin in the game as I’m only a member. Mental :lol:

Does seem a little odd but I guess that is the point you can argue. Can imagine the ructions if members getting away ballots due to levels of abuse of system it would lead to but genuine fans like yourself unfairly miss out on having at least a 1% chance.

Been getting antsy of late as I hadn't been successful in the ballot since Fulham then realised even including the recently-concluded Luton ballot that's only three matches. Feels a bloody age ago.

I know it's the least of the problems with ticketing but even the ballot application on mobile is a needless pain in the arse. So much scrolling up and down the page to get to the right place as you go through the screens to submit your application. 

4 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

I've give up on the ballot, it's a shambles.  Got better things to do with my life.

Same. Sick of only being able to get Level 7, which I absolutely hate. I'd genuinely not bother than go there. Every time I go for Cat 2 I get a knock back. I just want to be able to go in the Gallowgate like I used to.

Last match I applied for was Milan. Didn't apply for Fulham, Forest, Man City, Luton or Bournemouth, and that's after applying for every game prior to Fulham (except for Villa as I was away).

So I've just sacked it off.  Only thing is I've been watching live football for 40 years now and being an armchair supporter isn't really an option for me, so I've just started attending Non League games instead.

Needless to say my membership isn't being renewed next season. This ballot has turned out exactly the bad idea I thought it would. Atmosphere seems to have suffered through it as well.

Best of luck for the remaining games to all who are going to persevere with it. 

Aye, I’ve got 1 game all season, Burnley.

The only games I didn’t apply for were Brentford as I was away, Chelsea for the same reason, and Fulham because they never sent out the email telling everyone that the ballot was open.

I’m not happy like, £40 to get access to 1 match, when you see others getting a full stack of games all at once via the ballot.

5 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Same. Sick of only being able to get Level 7, which I absolutely hate. I'd genuinely not bother than go there. Every time I go for Cat 2 I get a knock back. I just want to be able to go in the Gallowgate like I used to.

Last match I applied for was Milan. Didn't apply for Fulham, Forest, Man City, Luton or Bournemouth, and that's after applying for every game prior to Fulham (except for Villa as I was away).

So I've just sacked it off.  Only thing is I've been watching live football for 40 years now and being an armchair supporter isn't really an option for me, so I've just started attending Non League games instead.

Needless to say my membership isn't being renewed next season. This ballot has turned out exactly the bad idea I thought it would. Atmosphere seems to have suffered through it as well.

Best of luck for the remaining games to all who are going to persevere with it. 

I get where you’re coming from but to be fair the demand was always going to go up with some success. Like you I’m not sure I’ll bother with the ballot next year as it seems there’s so little chance of getting a ticket now but then at least there’s an chance of getting one so maybe (probably) I’ll renew. I got one for Arsenal in the Gallowgate which was great but no other success though recently I’ve not been bothered to try or try not applied because I’ve been away when a match is on. I loved going when Howe first came in and you could get a ticket through membership pretty easily (2 even) and that whole atmosphere and drive to stay up. I went to most home games and went to a fair few last season. The opportunity has changed due to success but as I said I think that was always going to happen so I was expecting it. I’m kind of resigned to watching it on tv from now on really but equally I don’t feel that stressed about it partly because I enjoyed that first season with Howe so much and have great memories from that. I might go and watch Heaton Stannington for some live football.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Applied every ballot for MrsG & I

Had 1, Villa.

Brother's done the same, had 1, can't recall the opponent. 

Dog walking acquaintance has had 6, the jammy c*nt ?

Will keep applying, it's no effort tbf, and hope for another. As it stands we're happy enough having the Villa game for, with membership, £80 a ticket ?

Will renew

Plakka knakka

Edited by Groundhog63

FYI apparently Bournemouth have only taken 1200 of their allocation when they come to SJP, so leazes level 7 should have loads available in the resale- according to nufc.com - "Members will be able to purchase resale tickets from Tuesday January 23rd at 10am, when additional places in Leazes L7 should be available".

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Dog walking acquaintance has had 6, the jammy c*nt ?

?

1 hour ago, Bally21 said:

FYI apparently Bournemouth have only taken 1200 of their allocation when they come to SJP, so leazes level 7 should have loads available in the resale- according to nufc.com - "Members will be able to purchase resale tickets from Tuesday January 23rd at 10am, when additional places in Leazes L7 should be available".

Should've quantified, 2 of the 6 were resale. 

It seems that if I want to go to the match sitting next to anyone, I have to go into L7 with my 72-year old Dad (using the lift as those stairs are a write-off) or rely on the kindness of others on here (two of which have already came through for me which is greatly appreciated).

Not really the way it should be.  Ballot should be drawn if they absolutely insist on having one and then every winner should go into the queue for seat selection.

Just now, Sima said:

It seems that if I want to go to the match sitting next to anyone, I have to go into L7 with my 72-year old Dad (using the lift as those stairs are a write-off) or rely on the kindness of others on here (two of which have already came through for me which is greatly appreciated).

Not really the way it should be.  Ballot should be drawn if they absolutely insist on having one and then every winner should go into the queue for seat selection.

If you do that last bit, what happens if you’re taking a child (or are going with anyone/group that want to sit together), and you can’t be online at the opening of the queue? How do you ensure they still get to sit together?

1 hour ago, SteV said:

If you do that last bit, what happens if you’re taking a child (or are going with anyone/group that want to sit together), and you can’t be online at the opening of the queue? How do you ensure they still get to sit together?

Build something into the system that doesn’t allow single seats to be taken encroaching on requests of those that haven’t taken up their ballot allocation yet.

What that leaves us with, I’m not sure.