Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You had to come up with a solution without suspending memberships as what you are saying is basically what I’m saying that they should’ve been stopped before the season starts.

With the policy of the club selling memberships throughout the full season how do you stop away fans buying them is the question that a solution is required. I don’t see one.

How many ‘high risk’ games are there though?  Virtually anyone could have got a ticket at any time under Ashley, and bar that one Liverpool game, there’s never really been a major problem. 

I stand to be proved wrong, but I’d be very surprised if there’s many issues on Sunday.

16 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You had to come up with a solution without suspending memberships as what you are saying is basically what I’m saying that they should’ve been stopped before the season starts.

With the policy of the club selling memberships throughout the full season how do you stop away fans buying them is the question that a solution is required. I don’t see one.

There are billions of millions of high demand sports events around the world. And just as many entertainment events too.

There’s an entire industry built around ticketing to manage these events.

There are experts in that industry and best practice that can be observed. Problems can be solved by those experts.

Yet despite the huge financial resources, NUFC come up with a solution that operates like it was designed by an imbecile on a glue huffing binge. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Let’s start by finding out what happened to the mythical Second Ballot for Liverpool 

Then get them to explain why we can’t choose seats anymore

And I’d be interested to get the clubs insight into whether there’s more people complaining about the new system a couple of weeks after launch, than complained about the old system during last season

And why are we only getting a week between ticket ballot draw and match date, how are people supposed to plan travel etc 

And why can’t we have a stadium plan

And why can we only select one ticket category

And how are they preventing tickets from ending up in the hands of touts and away fans who enter the ballot 

Am sure there’s more, but that’ll do for starters 

1. Can you expand further on this? Curious. 

2. It’s madness but I’m guessing it’s their way of fitting in all the matched groups together to avoid too many single seats. Needs to be rethought.

3. Good question and I’d imagine more issues with new but depends on who actually complain out loud or actually let the club know.

4. Crazy and should be the easiest to fix.

5. I’ve seen one floating around but yeah I’m not sure it corresponds with the new categories.

6. Agree. My idea was to have 3 prices (£75/£50/£30) and you can select to be in the hat for all 3, top 2, bottom 2 or a specific 1. So ultimately if prepared to pay the most/anything you have 3 times the chance of getting one. The more restricted your budget the slightly less chance of getting one.

7. See my discussion. No easy answers without draconian measures faced to actual NUFC fans.

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

6. Agree. My idea was to have 3 prices (£75/£50/£30) and you can select to be in the hat for all 3, top 2, bottom 2 or a specific 1. So ultimately if prepared to pay the most/anything you have 3 times the chance of getting one. The more restricted your budget the slightly less chance of getting one.

I mean surely you can see why they aren’t doing that. Not a great message. here, if you have more money have more chances than the poorer less well off fans. Doesn’t exactly scream fairness or in touch with the common fan 

Edited by gdm

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

I mean surely you can see why they aren’t doing that. Not a great message. here, if you have more money have more chances than the poorer less well off fans. Doesn’t exactly scream fairness or in touch with the common fan 

You’re right, but everybody seems to want the option to select all areas, so I don’t actually think they’d get any stick for it.

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

You’re right, but everybody seems to want the option to select all areas, so I don’t actually think they’d get any stick for it.

Yeah dunno how they’d work that but just don’t see how anyone should get more ‘entries’ just because they have more money. Or maybe I’m just out of touch I dunno 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah dunno how they’d work that but just don’t see how anyone should get more ‘entries’ just because they have more money. Or maybe I’m just out of touch I dunno 

Unfortunately that’s life isn’t it?

If you’ve got enough money you can just get hospitality and bypass everything.

@LFEE when entering the ballot last week they added some small print to say there’d be a 2nd ballot for unallocated tickets and be prepared to pay more than your chosen category if you were allocated a seat in the 2nd ballot

There was no further communication other than the small print. 

No-one knows if this 2nd ballot actually happened. Or if it did happen, how it would work.

It remains a complete mystery.

Edited by bobbydazzla

11 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

@LFEE when entering the ballot last week they added some small print to say there’d be a 2nd ballot for unallocated tickets and be prepared to pay more than your chosen category if you were allocated a seat in the 2nd ballot

No-one knows if this 2nd ballot actually happened. Or if it did happen, how it would work.

I was thinking about this and wonder whether it relates to a hypothetical situation where a certain category in the ballot doesn’t sell out because not enough people chose that category?

The way they structured it originally, where you didn’t know which category you would get, before everyone kicked off, that scenario wouldn’t be possible. So might explain why it was present for Liverpool but not Villa?

Edited by SteV

10 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

The 2nd ballot would only happen if say there weren’t enough people entering specific categories. Not a chance that would happen for this game and it’ll have been added in the small print as a legal requirement on the very slim off chance that actually happens and one of the categories doesn’t sell out 

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

I was thinking about this and wonder whether it relates to a hypothetical situation where a certain category in the ballot doesn’t sell out because not enough people chose that category?

The way they structured it originally, where you didn’t know which category you would get, before everyone kicked off, that scenario wouldn’t be possible. So might explain why it was present for Liverpool but Villa?

Sorry just seeing this. That’s exactly what it’ll be and as I say it’ll be a legal thing where it has to get added to the t & c

22 minutes ago, SteV said:

The way they structured it originally, where you didn’t know which category you would get, before everyone kicked off, that scenario wouldn’t be possible. So might explain why it was present for Liverpool but not Villa?

The mythical 2nd ballot is really just an example to illustrate how poor the communications from the club have been. 

“Enter Ballot 1, but you might actually be entered into Ballot 2 and that £47 ticket you were hoping for is now a £77 ticket. But you’re not getting any say in whether you want to pay that much, we’ll decide for you”

Just lobbed in as small print with no further explanation. And no evidence if Ballot 2 actually existed or not.

In the unlikely event any tickets were left after Ballot 1 just lob them in resale. Isn’t that a far easier solution for what was likely to be at the very most a handful of tickets. 

Being pissed off about Ballot 2 isn’t actually about a ballot, it’s about how they’re treating us like mugs. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

10 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

I imagine it would aye. On the other hand, if you want to grow revenue you might want to cater for international fans, who would probably be willing to spend more on a per match basis than locals (thinking club shop sales, etc.) Under the current system it’s practically impossible for fans from abroad to plan a trip to come and take in a game. Imagine the scenes if Newcastle play abroad (not hard at this moment in time) and as fans you would only know a week in advance if you were succesful in getting a ticket. Would you book travel and accommodation in advance?

When I lived in Newcastle there was a waiting list for season tickets. Looks like demand once again far outstrips supply. A SJP expansion can’t come soon enough.

Don't know about this season but DFDS used to do packages that included a match ticket. Met 2 Fortuna Sittard ST holders (father and son) in town the night before the Arsenal game. Had the doubletree by Hilton included at the airport. On a side note, it will be interesting to see membership take up next season. Suppose those who manage to get tickets will keep it and those that don't will seriously question its value.

15 minutes ago, huss9 said:

and where are all these seats on independent ticketing sites coming from.

that was never this bad before.

I’d have said these corporate areas like the Barracks where anyone can buy them, but one look on live tickets suggests they’re all over the ground.

Obviously some twats/touts have bought memberships purely to cash in.

This is what the club should be clamping down on genuine ticket touting, not fans helping each other out for away tickets.

Edited by Whitley mag

10 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Usually are mate that’s where I got my cup final ticket from.

Bit different with Wembley though as we know there’s always going to be Club Wembley tickets kicking about.

Was @ryanegg who tried to buy one and it turned out to be a crock of shit?

29 minutes ago, SteV said:

Bit different with Wembley though as we know there’s always going to be Club Wembley tickets kicking about.

Was @ryanegg who tried to buy one and it turned out to be a crock of shit?

I did get two for the Villa game which were refused at the gate. The seller emailed me after saying he had 2 pairs of tickets for the game and sent the same pair twice. Apologies from him and had my money back or offered me future tickets for free. Said he could get them every home game so I don’t think he’s getting them from a member ballot. It didn’t show as a season ticket on my e-ticket either.

Man City game I bought a re-sale for "hospitality” which was just easier access to food/drink and also a bit where you could pour your own pints. Was originally sent a screenshot of a ticket on a google wallet for this. Emailed StubHub saying it wasn’t sufficient for entry and they got me a proper ticket sent within an hour or so. There was one ticket in our end going for about £120 I think, but didn’t want to risk that with chances of the I.D checks.

I’ve been very lucky so far, but you are gambling when buying resale tickets.. the E-tickets solve no issue as to touting as the tickets can be sent to multiple wallets.

For someone like me who lives 4 hours away, with no friends/family who could transfer me tickets when not able to go, ballot or spares on here are my only option. If these fail I’m still always probably going to try re-sale despite the risks. Some sites guarantee your money back either way.

Edited by ryanegg

4 hours ago, SteV said:

Maybe they could/should just an an ‘Any Category’ option? 

6 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

There are billions of millions of high demand sports events around the world. And just as many entertainment events too.

There’s an entire industry built around ticketing to manage these events.

There are experts in that industry and best practice that can be observed. Problems can be solved by those experts.

Yet despite the huge financial resources, NUFC come up with a solution that operates like it was designed by an imbecile on a glue huffing binge. 

None have managed to come up with a solution though. Just try and get tickets for a high demand gig. Most of the promoters are in on the re-sellers. It’s a rigged market.

5 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

As far as I understand it it’s automated so there is no need for communication. For example 100 tickets on sale. 99 payments go through 1 fails. The 2nd ballot is just them picking whoever was 101 on the list for the 1 remaining seat and charging them 24hrs later. They don’t announce a new ballot for everyone to re-enter for that remaining ticket.

14 minutes ago, patrone said:

This seems to be a better way to do things

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2023/august/09/newcastle-home-tickets/

Yeah, I think we’ll end up with something like that eventually. 

Whether they’ll take into account any purchase history prior to this season, I’m not sure. And obviously a lot of people will understandably be upset about that.