Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Szo Isak Madders

JL/Willock Bruno Longie

That still means Bruno will be playing deep a lot of the time.

We need more of a DM to get him further up the pitch

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Szo Isak Madders

JL/Willock Bruno Longie

Both Maddison and Szo predominantly have played both ACM/ARM so can be pushed up or interchanged if tactics require it. We’d have good options to unlock low press and be fucking outstanding playing a team that comes out to attack us. Would sort the right side out.

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

That still means Bruno will be playing deep a lot of the time.

We need more of a DM to get him further up the pitch

Would love us to get Rice. Sure we would go for him, if he’d come. 

A creative attacking midfielder who can play wide, #10 and in a midfield 3 against weaker sides does sort of make sense. It's a profile we don't really have. Particularly if they can also shoot from distance and take set pieces.

I don't watch much Germany football so don't know a huge amount about the Hungarian but from what I have seen he seems a bit more robust and physical than Maddison and more likely to adapt to our style of play. But Maddison has the advantage of already being PL proven.

Edited by ponsaelius

I know bruno thinks he should play football further up the pitch but unless we get a real top end DM who can play football like Rice or Caqueret or Ugarte then I do wonder if Bruno has the engine to play a pressing 8. His current role allows him to dictate our entire attacking play when we set up in the final 3rd. We need engines around him and we need one of them to have the ability to drop back or cover for him when he’s out playing the balls into the half space   

Fairly sure we're happy with either and are making it very clear it's one of the other to let the selling clubs know we won't be held to ransom if they push for too much.

Also entirely possible we just want one of them and are trying to make it appear that way for leverage.

Fucking great that we're not just gonna throw the asking price at teams and worry about FFP later.

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

A creative attacking midfielder who can play wide, #10 and in a midfield 3 against weaker sides does sort of make sense. It's a profile we don't really have. Particularly if they can also shoot from distance and take set pieces.

I don't watch much Germany football so don't know a huge amount about the Hungarian but from what I have seen he seems a bit more robust and physical than Maddison and more likely to adapt to our style of play. But Maddison has the advantage of already being PL proven.

Aye both are play maker types that'd play in the right hand half space. Szoboszlai has more natural talent and is more accustomed to playing a high pressing style, lower wages too. Maddison is Premier League proven and would probably come cheaper. It's also a bit of a risk buying at a premium from the Bundesliga unless you're absolutely sure.

I'd be delighted with either. Szoboszlai comes with more risk, but potentially more reward too.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Aye both are play maker types that'd play in the right hand half space. Szoboszlai has more natural talent and is more accustomed to playing a high pressing style, lower wages too. Maddison is Premier League proven and would probably come cheaper. It's also a bit of a risk buying at a premium from the Bundesliga unless you're absolutely sure.

I'd be delighted with either. Szoboszlai comes with more risk, but potentially more reward too.

If they’re sure and have done the homework on character then out of the 2 Szo is a go go [emoji38]