Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I can actually see us switching to 4-2-3-1 for many matches next season. Would be really interesting to see 3 fluid players at RW, CAM, LW who can pop up anywhere. 

I'd like a few of the following players. Obviously we wont be able to afford all of them in one window.

I'd like Szaboslai for the right price.
Maddison would be cool. 
Le Fee. 
Lavia.
Warde-Prowse.
Chukwueze.
Solid CB like Kim min Jae which seems unlikely..
Gift Orban
Backup GK

Im not big on Diaby he seems very ASM to me.

I'm against us breaking the bank on one player. I'd prefer if we spend 20-45m on each position of need. We can also utilize free transfers, its a really good season to go for that and we have a lot to offer to players on a free. 

We have like 10 players to sell. Curious to see how much we can generate from these. I can see there being interest from the Championship and L1 but I can also see the fees being low and some players wanting to stay on their wages. 

I agree re: Diaby - in attack he is awesome but his defensive contribution would totally expose the fullback and invite pressure off the ball - Raphinha on the other hand would be the dogs.

Some Ferran Torres rumours have come up, with claims he's been discussed due to his experience at Man City in the prem and his versatility, as he can play either side and up top.

Only just turned 23 years old too, which surprised me. 

Think he'd be a really great pick up if true.

4 minutes ago, cannybagoftudor said:

I agree re: Diaby - in attack he is awesome but his defensive contribution would totally expose the fullback and invite pressure off the ball - Raphinha on the other hand would be the dogs.

I would be down for him but the price will be the major factor there. He's perfect for us. Not at 70m with huge wages. I think there is better value for money on the continent. 

1 minute ago, Sufi said:

I would be down for him but the price will be the major factor there. He's perfect for us. Not at 70m with huge wages. I think there is better value for money on the continent. 

Hendrick part ex to tempt them? 

I'd like us to stay away from the sexy big money signings. I think we should go back into markets that have served us well. Namely France where we got 2 of our best players in Botman and Bruno. I think theres tons of value in that league. Germany scares me a bit just due to the fact that its a completely different style over there where every game seems to be end to end with no real defending. 

IF we didnt get Tierney..how would you guys feel about Theo Hernandez. Hes a captain at Milan. Hes such a fucking good player. Always getting stuck in, provides so much for his side. I doubt he would want to leave but I could see him being a legend for us.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Wages probably too high unless he was willing to take a bit of a drop

I had a look around and his wages seem to be in and around what we pay our better players, so not out of the question wage wise.

Just now, KaKa said:

I had a look around and his wages seem to be in and around what we pay our better players, so not out of the question wage wise.

£170k? Think that would be at the very, very extreme end of what we could/would go to.

Just now, SteV said:

£170k? Think that would be at the very, very extreme end of what we could/would go to.

What is actually the most reliable source for player wages?

I've seen numbers ranging from £100,00 to that £170,000 figure.

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Not sure. Career not been going in the right direction lately. Poor numbers last two seasons. Maybe he needs a new start?

Yeah, he's surprisingly young still, and I think he just got lost in the recent transfer chaos at Barca.

Has always shown flashes of quality, but has been at Man City and Barca most recently where he hasn't really gotten consistent game time.

Think he'd be an Isak and Bruno calibre of signing, and at £30 million would be a really great deal.

Ferran Torres for £30m would be great business. Best case scenario you've picked up an ultra-talented goalscoring winger who's still a couple of years away from his prime. 

Even if he's just okay for 12-18 months you'll find a club willing to give you most of that £30m back purely on the basis that he's a 24-25 year old with 30+ caps for Spain and multiple seasons in La Liga, the PL and the Champions League.