Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

It isn't really a food chain though is it when the animals are just being bred into captivity then slaughtered. You could argue we were part of the food chain if we were hunting the animals in the wild but for factory farming it doesnt really work.

We are part of the food chain, but we are at the top. Thanks to weapons, technology more so… but we did invent that shit so…

The food chain argument doesn't hold up imo. The fact that we have a developed conscience coinciding with industrialised, alternative ways to get the nutrients we need is what sharply distringuishes as being separate from the rest of the food chain. 

5 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Exactly, if we suddenly stopped eating animals and switched to a vegan/vegetarian diet, there would be millions, if not over a billion deaths due to there being not enough food to go around, the switch would lead to even more deforestation due to the need for more space for agriculture, veggie heads don’t really consider that though and are probably happier for a human to die through malnutrition than to let someone eat an animal. 

FWIW the point I was making was more that the changes need to happen above rather than they shouldn't happen. We have an abundance of food worldwide that's being thrown out while 9 million people starve to death every year, all to uphold capitalism. I'm pretty sure we could reduce the amount of meat we consume and still have enough food to go around, 

7 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Exactly, if we suddenly stopped eating animals and switched to a vegan/vegetarian diet, there would be millions, if not over a billion deaths due to there being not enough food to go around, the switch would lead to even more deforestation due to the need for more space for agriculture, veggie heads don’t really consider that though and are probably happier for a human to die through malnutrition than to let someone eat an animal. 

I was of the understanding that if we suddenly stopped eating animals, that's SUDDENLY, then there would indeed be millions of deaths but those deaths would be animals no longer needed for food. They'd be destroyed. There actually would be more food to go around for humans. The majority of land and produce grown there upon goes towards animal production. 

We try and have at least 2 veggie meals a week. Need to do better obvs.

I follow, fwiw, the likes of Dominic Dyer and John Oberg on twatter and some of the content that rabbit hole goes to is horrific.

18 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Have you any idea how much food and water it takes to get a single cow to slaughter weight. If we instead grew crops to feed people instead of to feed to the animals to then eat them we could feed the world many times over. See also the amount of land and rainforest being destroyed to craze cattle. You've got it completely back to front.

Edited by WillingtonMag

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Why? Just let people talk man. :lol:

I'm not one to step on a good old chinwag and hot chat but howeh, folks are in the footy section for footy chat shirley... 

Just now, Yorkie said:

I'm not one to step on a good old chinwag and hot chat but howeh, folks are in the footy section for footy chat shirley... 

It's football related a footballer has just received a sentence for animal cruelty and we are discussing it.

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Can someone swing this back to Zouma? :lol:

That’s what got him into trouble, that swing of his…

Just now, Yorkie said:

Conversations always go off on tangeants. It's better than the same relentless drivel over who the sponsor will be or whether we can knock down Leazes Terrace etc imo.

It's in the Not Worthy of a Thread section as well, so not like anyone's coming in here expecting updates on something.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The beauty about N.O is a footy chat can turn into the slaughter of animals for food and the pros and cons…

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Pixelphish said:

TIme to put this one out to pasture.

Nah let’s keep milking it 

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

We could keep doing this until the cows come home.

Don’t count your chickens!