Open Wide For Some Soccer! - Poch to the Yanks.

Mike

Just seen a few people mentioning a UK World Cup.

Surely that won't happen? I'd imagine host cities/towns would have to be an equal split? You couldn't find six places in either Scotland or Wales that would be suitable. You could just about do it including both alongside England but then it'd mean three countries having automatic qualification. FIFA would never allow it, or if they did they'd expand the tournament to 40 as once considered. Stupid.

Would be a pretty good excuse for forcing a team GB.

Surely that won't happen? I'd imagine host cities/towns would have to be an equal split? You couldn't find six places in either Scotland or Wales that would be suitable. You could just about do it including both alongside England but then it'd mean three countries having automatic qualification. FIFA would never allow it, or if they did they'd expand the tournament to 40 as once considered. Stupid.

It would genuinely be amazing if a team GB won the World Cup. :lol:

England plus Bale you mean.

England plus Bale you mean.

There may be decent Scottish or Welsh players by 2026. You never know