Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

What the fuck did I just watch?

Concacaf gold cup women's semi final versus Canada, truly bizarre stuff. Some highlights:

*Standing water on the pitch, so much so that a Canadian backpass travels about ten yards and stops dead, allowing the US to score

*A penalty in stoppage time of the second half of extra time, conceded after VAR review determined that the US goalkeeper executed a double punch to the face of an attacking player, allowing Canada to equalize.

*The Canadian player who scored the last minute penalty then has a horrible attempt saved in the shootout.

*The US goalkeeper saves three penalties total, all hit to the exact same spot, waist high just to her right. Three truly terrible penalties.

*US goalkeeper also takes a penalty, third in the rotation. Fair play to her, she put it just inside the post.

All in all some of the weirdest shit I have seen in a while, and I only watched the last fifteen minutes...

Argentina friendlies in the US coming up. Absolutely outrageous ticket prices to the point that, in Philly, only parts of the upper level are sold out despite everyone writing blank checks to see Messi previously.

I bought two tickets [emoji38]

• 3 weeks later...