Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

[emoji38] I will always have the anomaly that was the Raptors 2018 ‘chip and that I’ll be dead before the Knicks win it. 

:lol: I mean we were just bantering and you gotta hit me with facts hard like this. We're in the Champions League and this is how you act.

On 17/06/2023 at 05:05, Mike said:

:lol: I mean we were just bantering and you gotta hit me with facts hard like this. We're in the Champions League and this is how you act.

You come at the hockey, you best not miss.

Canuck solidarity with @The Bonk

(safety wink added just in case ;))

Also a big fan of the broadcasters on this Canadian feed not even attempting to pronounce “Ligue 1”

Balogun is good man. Dangerous as fuck. Glad we got him. He’ll lead us to the finals in the home WC for sure. Instead of just warming England’s bench. :lol: 

Edited by cubaricho

1 minute ago, Viana said:

Strong performance from the USA. Makes you wonder how good they'd be if they got a full XI of lads born and raised in England. 

At least as well as England, I reckon.

Jokes aside. The roster is pretty solid. 

I think Balogun offers a bit of quality the rest of the striking pool lacks right now. If they can find a consistent partner for Chris Richards (Josh Wynder is probably 18 months away from being in that discussion) then the team starts to look like one that can cause problems at the World Cup, and that's before factoring in any players that may enter the fray as precocious teenagers. 

Good performance from the states. Absolute ass from Canada. Didn't show up. Think the team is running out of steam and passing the honeymoon period for Herdman. A divide with the CSA isn't helping. 

The program is decades behind the states though in terms of structure and investment into youth and all areas of the game. The CPL and soon to be countrywide L1 leagues will help but it's a long game. The depth of the states roster is impressive.

The first half was barely watchable tbh. Start stop. Misplaced passes all over. Foul. Again. 

Balogun’s strike was sublime. He’s a good player and I’m glad we might finally have our striker. Gio is easily our top player along with Tim Weah imo. 

11 hours ago, toontownman said:

Good performance from the states. Absolute ass from Canada. Didn't show up. Think the team is running out of steam and passing the honeymoon period for Herdman. A divide with the CSA isn't helping. 

The program is decades behind the states though in terms of structure and investment into youth and all areas of the game. The CPL and soon to be countrywide L1 leagues will help but it's a long game. The depth of the states roster is impressive.

Did we get dicked well and good? I didn't bother watching. :lol: