Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

The USA's only hope is to start as many MLS players as possible. Most players will be at the end of a long season when the World Cup comes around while  the MLS players will be hitting their peak.

Which is the exact same time that the MLS ALL STARS play against a mediocre European team and get beaten :lol:

Portugal are not that good.

They scraped through the playoffs against f*cking Sweden ffs.

Triple mark Ronaldo and hoof to Goaltidore, job done.

Translated: Put Ronaldo on Double Coverage and play Altidore in the slot.

The USA's only hope is to start as many MLS players as possible. Most players will be at the end of a long season when the World Cup comes around while  the MLS players will be hitting their peak.

Which is the exact same time that the MLS ALL STARS play against a mediocre European team and get beaten :lol:

:lol: I'm not saying they have a good chance. I'm just saying there's some sort of chance.

The Germany squad could come down with food poisoning. Ronaldo could break his foot next week. Ghana might feel sorry for the US.

The US team has a whole range of chances.

The U.S. team does tend to play to the level of its opponents. Might be some psychological advantage to entering the group as underdogs in all 3 matches.

I don't expect them to succeed, but they also won't fold pathetically in any of these group matches.

Portugal are not that good.

They scraped through the playoffs against f*cking Sweden ffs.

Triple mark Ronaldo and hoof to Goaltidore, job done.

Translated: Put Ronaldo on Double Coverage and play Altidore in the slot.

Don't know where i'd be without you mate, bang up job. :thup:

The U.S. team does tend to play to the level of its opponents. Might be some psychological advantage to entering the group as underdogs in all 3 matches.

I don't expect them to succeed, but they also won't fold pathetically in any of these group matches.

With the exception of one or two the US team suffers from an inferiority complex. When you come up against these old world teams with a lot of soccer heritage, that the world perceives as the real deal relative to the US, you turn to shit. You saw it against Scotland. That Scotland team was shite, and if they had all been wearing Canadian shirts jerseys you'd have battered them. But because they're a proper football country you gave them too much respect and played shite.

The same will happen at the World Cup. You'll battle hard but ultimately psych yourselves out.

You're also not very good.