Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Not sure how he can drop Eddie Johnson on the basis of form but include Jozy Altidore.

Might have less to do with Johnson's lack of form and more to do with Boyd's excellent form over the past month.

No Mix, no victory. If he's cut when getting the 23...

I think he's safe. Versatile player and Klinsmann likes him. Needs to start getting regular minutes with Rosenborg though.

Jeff Carlisle ‏@JeffreyCarlisle  2m

Hmm. Klinsmann says he sees Landon Donovan as a striker and not a midfielder. #usmnt

I wonder if Klinsmann will toy with a Dempsey-Donovan pairing up top.

• 2 weeks later...

Well

@TaylorTwellman: 23 Man roster will be named tonight: Parkhurst, Evans, Goodson, Corona, Edu, Boyd and Donovan are not in. ‪#‎USMNT‬"

Brad Davis tho? Over Donovan...

Been hearing rumors about Donovan getting the axe. It's pretty huge.

Twellman, for all of his crap, is usually very good with his ITK.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2014/news/article/2014/05/22/world-cup-jurgen-klinsmann-announces-us-national-team-23-man-roster

...Michael Parkhurst, Brad Evans, Clarence Goodson, Joe Corona, Maurice Edu, Terrence Boyd and Landon Donovan, who was aiming for his fourth straight World Cup, did not make the cut...

2014 USA 23-MAN WORLD CUP ROSTER:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa/England), Tim Howard (Everton/England), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (8): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla/Mexico), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin/Germany), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City/England), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg/Germany), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim/Germany), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes/France), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg/Norway), Julian Green (Bayern Munich/Germany), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas/Turkey), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland/England), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar/Netherlands), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

I feel deflated, man. Donovan. My man. This World Cup is gonna blow, not even Mix can save it. Fucking hell I'm literally angry. I want to break something due to this fucking vile decision. Fuck.

The one fucking player I really wanted to see. The one fucking player. This has fucking ruined the World Cup for me, I was looking forward to the Landon Donovan show. Fuck the rest of the players. Fuck the other nations. Fuck the king.