Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

The one fucking player I really wanted to see. The one fucking player. This has fucking ruined the World Cup for me, I was looking forward to the Landon Donovan show. Fuck the rest of the players. Fuck the other nations. Fuck the king.

Contender for the worst post I've ever read. Well done.

The one fucking player I really wanted to see. The one fucking player. This has fucking ruined the World Cup for me, I was looking forward to the Landon Donovan show. Fuck the rest of the players. Fuck the other nations. Fuck the king.

Contender for the worst post I've ever read. Well done.

I'll wear it like a badge of honor.

:lol:

They were never in competition for a spot though.

Nah, just read Klinsmann saw Donovan as a forward and not a midfielder for this. He chose fucking Jozy Altidore over the all time top scorer. Idiocy.

Nah, just read Klinsmann saw Donovan as a forward and not a midfielder for this. He chose fucking Jozy Altidore over the all time top scorer. Idiocy.

:lol: Altidore's been a key part of the starting XI since Klinsmann arrived (and he's generally played well for the U.S.), whereas Donovan has drifted in-n-out of the U.S. team and half-assed his way through games. Even if Donovan had made the 23-man, he wouldn't have started, and especially not over Altidore at CF.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the decision, but I understand where it comes from. Not only has Donovan not been playing well at club level, he genuinely seems to not give a shit anymore. He basically came out and said as much a few weeks ago.

:lol: Altidore's been a key part of the starting XI since Klinsmann arrived (and he's generally played well for the U.S.), whereas Donovan has drifted in-n-out of the U.S. team and half-assed his way through games. Even if Donovan had made the 23-man, he wouldn't have started, and especially not over Altidore at CF.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with the decision, but I understand where it comes from. Not only has Donovan not been playing well at club level, he genuinely seems to not give a shit anymore. He basically came out and said as much a few weeks ago too.

I know, man. I just really love Donovan and really hate Altidore. I'm on some next level rage shit now, fuck logic. :lol:

Pedro Gomes ‏@MLSSuperSub  19m

I would rather bomb out of the group stage with Donovan on the roster than without #USMNT

I mean, what the fuck difference does that make?

Kaiz, you'll love this exchange:

Theo Sakyi ‏@TKSakyi  1h

@shinguardian From an outside perspective i'm shocked by Davis being in.

Matthew Tomaszewicz ‏@shinguardian  1h

@TKSakyi You should be.

Theo Sakyi ‏@TKSakyi  57m

@shinguardian And Mix 'meh' Diskerud.

Donovan, pretty much the main man of US soccer the past almost two decades, his last hurrah taking the US out of the group of death. What a story it would've been. Script basically already written and then Klinsmann just goes all FOX and cancels it as it's about to get good.

Donovan, pretty much the main man of US soccer the past almost two decades, his last hurrah taking the US out of the group of death. What a story it would've been. Script basically already written and then Klinsmann just goes all FOX and cancels it as it's about to get good.

You don't know that Klinsmann isn't preparing to take out Brad Davis's knee, just so he can make an emergency LD call-up. Against all odds.

You don't know that Klinsmann isn't preparing to take out Brad Davis's knee, just so he can make an emergency LD call-up. Against all odds.

There's no hero to this story anymore, no one to write "The Miracle on Grass" about after smashing in a goal in extra time against Germany sending Portugal out against all odds.

There's no hero to this story anymore, no one to write "The Miracle on Grass" about after smashing in a goal in extra time against Germany sending Portugal out against all odds.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2940945/donovanshades.gif