Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

:lol: Man fuck that. Where can I go to read about USA? ESPN doesn't know shit.

There's a shit load of good writers around, twitter's probably the best place to find their stuff.

Obviously there's Grant Wahl, also Steve Goff, Brian Straus, Jeff Carlisle, Ives Galarcep, Brian Sciaretta and Matthew Tomaszewicz (The Shin Guardian) are my highest recommendations. Just go to their twitter's and follow the links to where they write mostly. Ives site soccerbyives.com is really good.

Something about Galarcep bugs me. He can be such a pretentious dick on Twitter. Still a good rec, mind. Great list. :thup:

Totally know what you mean :lol: his site is a good resource though

Doug McIntyre ‏@DougMacESPN  2m

Sporting KC receiving “offers from all over the world” for #usmnt D Matt Besler, says club’s owner

Bandini said on the guardian podcast (and to me on twitter) that Besler rejected multiple offers from Europe in January. Hope he's changed his mind.

He reminds me so much of Bocanegra in his prime. Maybe even a bit better.

:lol: Let's hope so.

Christ, we've got to set the bar higher than that.

:lol: Bocanegra had a serviceable career in Europe. Besler's already 27, so he's got maybe 3-4 years left at his best. He's another college ball guy, which means he's got less mileage than most players, but it also stunted his growth.

The future at CB is John Brooks, Omar Gonzalez, and Will Packwood. I expect Gonzalez to make the move across the pond within the next year; he was on trial at Nurnberg when he had his ACL torn in a tackle from Timmy Chandler, ironically. His performance at the WC should assuage any fears.

Though I expect Cameron and Besler to spend the next 4-5 years in Europe, it'll be disappointing if either is starting at CB in 2018.

Alexi Lalas ‏@AlexiLalas  1h

OK, let’s play. Does Cameron start? RT @RobStoneONFOX I don't care. I'm still treating the day as a buildup to #ARG vs #USA

Rob Stone ‏@RobStoneONFOX  1h

@AlexiLalas Yes...but where? Stay strong. Home stretch.

Alexi Lalas ‏@AlexiLalas  1h

@RobStoneONFOX If you put him at RB then no Yedlin. If you put him at DM then no Beckerman. If you put him at CB then no Gonzalez.

Geoff Cameron ‏@GeoffCameron  1h

@AlexiLalas do you have a soccer camp this summer? I would really love to go since apparently your a soccer expert

:lol: Cringeworthy grammar and OTT reaction aside, I wish more U.S. players/pundits would call out Lalas on his bullshit. So fucking tired of listening to his wankery.

Such a twat :lol: I always guessed he was just really committed to ESPN because they help him be relevant still so he'll be as inflammatory as they want.

I remember during FourFourTwo's US World Cup preview there was a quote from a former US international who they stressed said really wanted to be anonymous in saying this team is probably the worst one we've ever sent to a World Cup :lol: We sent one team of all college kids and one had a indoor players on it ffs. Always assume it was Lalas, seems to think the 94 team was the best to grace the earth.

Further proof how shit ESPN is when they continue to employ a fucking idiotic guy as its lead "US" guy. Awful. All they need to do is see how nobody else on set likes him from Ballack, Ruud, Roberto Martinez, Solari, etc.

Such a twat :lol: I always guessed he was just really committed to ESPN because they help him be relevant still so he'll be as inflammatory as they want.

I remember during FourFourTwo's US World Cup preview there was a quote from a former US international who they stressed said really wanted to be anonymous in saying this team is probably the worst one we've ever sent to a World Cup :lol: We sent one team of all college kids and one had a indoor players on it ffs. Always assume it was Lalas, seems to think the 94 team was the best to grace the earth.

This current team would kick the living shit out of that '94 team. :lol:

Lalas gets so much mileage from having played a season and a half in Italy and spent the rest of his career in MLS when the league was horrible. Really hasn't got a clue most of the time.

Further proof how shit ESPN is when they continue to employ a fucking idiotic guy as its lead "US" guy. Awful. All they need to do is see how nobody else on set likes him from Ballack, Ruud, Roberto Martinez, Solari, etc.

:thup: That should be Brad Friedel's job. Intelligent, soft-spoken guy who actually knows what he's on about.

And it's only going to get worse for 2018, as Wynalda takes Lalas's spot.

Wynalda also secretly loves us with working with Barton. Wynalda shits all over Lalas' career and I actually like Wynalda man. Lalas is a fucking second rate pundit who thinks he's a genius, such a prontonising cunt.

Wynalda also secretly loves us with working with Barton. Wynalda shits all over Lalas' career and I actually like Wynalda man. Lalas is a fucking second rate pundit who thinks he's a genius, such a prontonising cunt.

Ah, I can't stand Wynalda either. Most of that generation of U.S. players acts so smug and entitled for really no reason. Thankfully Harkes was given the boot as a commentator a few years ago.

And that CL final on Fox called by Gus Johnson and Wynalda was one of the worst games I've ever heard. :lol:

The US also, way back when in 1950, sent a team that was more foreigners than actual Americans under the premise that they "promised" they wanted to become citizens one day. :lol: Been reading about it in a few books recently, the recruiters pretty much walked around asking people if they knew how to play football and shit. Then that team beat England 1-0.

Wynalda also secretly loves us with working with Barton. Wynalda s***s all over Lalas' career and I actually like Wynalda man. Lalas is a f***ing second rate pundit who thinks he's a genius, such a prontonising c***.

Ah, I can't stand Wynalda either. Most of that generation of U.S. players acts so smug and entitled for really no reason. Thankfully Harkes was given the boot as a commentator a few years ago.

And that CL final on Fox called by Gus Johnson and Wynalda was one of the worst games I've ever heard. :lol:

Wynalda always gets love for me b/c he ALWAYS talked shit about Pardew for not playing or subbing Ben Arfa. ALWAYS.

Wynalda is the Charles Barkley.

Espn have been good IMO, with the exception of Lalas and Twellman

Twellman's fine for MLS, but as A-toon pointed out a while back, you can trace everything TT says back to his fetish with the straight 4-4-2. It's a fun game to play when watching the games he commentates. :lol:

• 5 weeks later...