Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been watching the U20 games? First two were shaky, but they've looked pretty strong these last two, especially without Gil against Cuba right now. All this without their two best centerbacks.

Oh, and more importantly we qualified for a tournament.

Watched some of the last one, and watching this one now. We look pretty decent. Can't say I know too much about the team in general, but that Villarreal (?) from the Galaxy looks good. Its hard to get too excited about anything because the quality of the opposition is pretty suspect. Good news that we've qualified though.

Really like what I've seen from this team. Even without Brooks, Packwood, and Pelosi, they've looked sharp. Doubt we'll have the latter two in time for the WC, but getting Brooks on board would be huge.

Gil, Cuevas, and Villarreal especially look to be very smart players. I'll be following their development closely over the next few years.

Watching the U-20 championship final against Mexico. 1-1 in extra time.

This team plays a much prettier game than the senior side.

EDIT: Mexico just scored. Fucking Mexico.

Really like what I've seen from this team. Even without Brooks, Packwood, and Pelosi, they've looked sharp. Doubt we'll have the latter two in time for the WC, but getting Brooks on board would be huge.

Gil, Cuevas, and Villarreal especially look to be very smart players. I'll be following their development closely over the next few years.

I love this lad, so different to what you see in the US NT. I even signed him in my MLS FM2013 save, hope he's good there too :lol:

:undecided: I know he hasn't been great for Everton but Howard always raises his game for us. I hope Guzan doesn't let what is happening with Villa effect his confidence for these qualifiers because the pressure is on after that loss..

Jesus.

LeanderLastNameNoFit ‏@LeanderOnFOX

The U.S. could be without Howard, Donovan, Cherundolo and Dempsey in upcoming qualifiers. Somebody bubble-wrap Michael Bradley. NOW! #usmnt

Altidore           

Shea                        Gomez

Corona

Bradley      Williams

Johnson                        Chandler

Bocanegra    Cameron

Guzan

:dontknow:

Players from the U-20 squad that just qualified for the WC.

Yeah non-Hispanic whites now are no longer a majority, only a plurality of the population. Gonna do wonders for the national team having such a strong Latino influence.

Players from the U-20 squad that just qualified for the WC.

Yeah non-Hispanic whites now are no longer a majority, only a plurality of the population. Gonna do wonders for the national team having such a strong Latino influence.

I never understood why they specify "Hispanic (non-white)" on the racial segment of forms.

Who the fuck are the white hispanics? People from Spain? I mean, racial distinctions in general are pretty stupid (especially in america) but this one just seems particularly stupid. If you have light skin and were born in Spain are you a white hispanic? But if you're light skinned and born in mexico you are non-white hispanic?

It's like this kid in one of my classes at uni, who is pale ass white and yet is identified as "black" because he's 1/4th.