Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

:lol: It's whatever people choose to identify as I suppose. Some Latinos/Hispanics (not sure which one we're supposed to use) identify as white.

Well shit I bet the blacks wish they'd thought of that trick back in 1820.

Time for me to identify as native american and start getting some fuckin checks!

What the fuck is wrong with humanity.

And yes I'm focusing on this because I can't bear to think about our national team.

:lol: It's whatever people choose to identify as I suppose. Some Latinos/Hispanics (not sure which one we're supposed to use) identify as white.

It was class to be officially considered a minority while I lived there. I was classed as "hispanic white", for what is worth. It was a bit weird, certainly I consider myself a run of the mill white caucasian but yanks are obsessed with minorities.

It was class to be officially considered a minority while I lived there. I was classed as "hispanic white", for what is worth. It was a bit weird, certainly I consider myself a run of the mill white caucasian but yanks are obsessed with minorities.

:lol: We need to know what you are so we know which race to avoid slating while you're in the room.

Oba Martins signs for the Seattle Sounders! He was one of my all-time faves at NUFC (although frustrating at times), so as someone that lives about 80 miles north of Seattle, I'm really excited by this signing. Seeing him score and do flips in front of 60,000+ fans is gonna be amazing!

http://www.sounderatheart.com/sounders-trades-transfers-rumors/2013/2/21/4014138/sounders-levantes-obafemi-martins-transfer-rumor

WCQ qualifying roster released:

G: Brad Guzan, Nick Rimando, Sean Johnson

DEF: Tim Chandler, Geoff Cameron, Omar Gonzalez, Matt Besler, Justin Morrow, Tony Beltran, Clarence Goodson

MF: Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Danny Williams, Maurice Edu, Jose Torres, Kyle Beckerman, DaMarcus Beasley, Sacha Kljestan, Brek Shea

FW: Clint Dempsey, Graham Zusi, Eddie Johnson,

STR: Jozy Altidore, Herculez Gomez, Terrence Boyd

Altidore                     

Dempsey                       

Johnson                                  Zusi   

Bradley    Jones

Morrow                                  Chandler

Gonzalez    Cameron

Guzan

That backline :scared:

I'd play this team:

Altidore                     

Dempsey                       

Beasley                                  Gomez   

Bradley  Kljestan

Morrow                                  Cameron

Gonzalez      Besler

Guzan

Chandler's not there, so I guess fullbacks are Morrow and Beltran?

Replaced by Goodson. I'd rather put Cameron at RB and start Besler and Gonzalez at CB. Not a fan of Beltran at all.

Though I have a feeling Goodson will start instead of Besler.

Yeah I hadn't followed him in awhile, but he's playing well it could hurt. We need all the help we can get at the moment. Its just shuffling players in and out for crucial games isn't the best thing either, but I suppose we don't have a choice.

Its just shuffling players in and out for crucial games isn't the best thing either, but I suppose we don't have a choice.

Yep. I don't think Klinsmann has put-out the same starting XI twice since he became manager. Players haven't had the chance to gel.

One of the things that always bemuses me of the US national team is the scattershot approach to giving caps. Is it because of how the dates clash with the regular season?

On top of their answers, I'd also like to add that I think it's because we don't feel like we need to stick with the big name stars (because we don't have many).  There is no big uproar if Dempsey isn't included like there would be if Gerrard or Lampard weren't included.

One of the things that always bemuses me of the US national team is the scattershot approach to giving caps. Is it because of how the dates clash with the regular season?

On top of their answers, I'd also like to add that I think it's because we don't feel like we need to stick with the big name stars (because we don't have many).  There is no big uproar if Dempsey isn't included like there would be if Gerrard or Lampard weren't included.

This is also true. Dempsey, imo, shouldn't start against Costa Rica, as he's not been getting regular minutes for Spurs recently and was rusty against Fulham (been injured).