Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

"To date, AT&T U-verse®, Cablevision’s Optimum, Comcast’s Xfinity TV, DIRECTV, DISH, and Suddenlink have opted to carry the additional Premier League matches via the Premier League Extra Time package, and AT&T U-verse, Cablevision’s Optimum, Comcast’s Xfinity TV, Cox, DIRECTV, DISH, Suddenlink and Verizon FiOS will make all Premier League games available through TV Everywhere. "

Extra Time = extra tv channels

TV Everywhere = steam

Ahhh okay cool. I have U-Verse so I'm in good shape. My brother though, he has, Verizon FIOS in Tampa :lol:

Waiting for them to announce/show the channels Premier League Extra Time will be on. I assume it'll be like they did for the Olympics and just open up a ton of new channels for it

And for the record the channels are only free if you have the sports package already that includes NBC Sports (which if you have FSC then you already do).

Whey the FSC isn't on the same package as NBC Sports in my Comcast region. NBCS is on a far, far cheaper package, thankfully. Sacked off FSC at the end of last season. The world of TV channel packaging is obscenely convoluted over here.

The NBC Sports deal has seriously been the only thing that's made me happy to have Comcast. Since they're incestuous corporate partners, there wasn't any doubt about having the free overflow channels and whatnot.

They're more than partners. Comcast owns NBC Universal.

The NBC Sports deal has seriously been the only thing that's made me happy to have Comcast. Since they're incestuous corporate partners, there wasn't any doubt about having the free overflow channels and whatnot.

kabletown®

Wahey, you actually posted!

(I'd still jump to FIOS if they ever appear where I live)

Suppose I had to show up at some point! Maybe I'll pop over to the NFL thread and see what's up with the fantasy league.

That's what I meant - too lazy to look up who owned who. Anyway, Comcast subscribers were going to get the full suite of PL coverage for sure. Now what ridiculous thing is NBC going to say about us in this show on Thursday?

kabletown®

:lol: Already miss that show.

In other news, (and perhaps old news) some real details on the NBC package are out. To my complete f***ing amazement there won't be an extra fee for the various over-flow channels (I was positive it'd be like MLB/NFL/NBA etc where you pay a huge additional cost to get the "every game" service) and online streaming s*** etc. Hoooooooleeeeee f*** I am gonna be able to watch every NUFC game on my actual goddamn television this season. HOT DAMN. My bullshit cable provider is even one of the few that bought in to the system. It alllmost makes me hate them just a little bit less. Almost.

good Q&A about the details of the new setup.

They said they were all free from the get-go, as long as you had NBC Sports.

It's all shaping up nicely. Unless you're on FIOS, where it's slightly less nice.

Just seemed too good to be true mate! I had to wait til they spelled it out completely to believe it. Very excited now. You better believe I'll be watching their bastardized american version of Match of the Day with a smile on my face too.

Praying this momentum continues....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-venues-tourist-tax-stadium-20130808,0,7623039.story

Central Florida's two top mayors have agreed to a deal that could put a new $85 million stadium downtown and bring a Major League Soccer franchise to Orlando.

A $94.5 million package also includes spending tourist taxes to complete the $503 million performing-arts center, as well as increased funding for renovation of the Florida Citrus Bowl. And it pumps millions more into marketing for the tourism industry.

Mayor Teresa Jacobs outlined a framework for the complex pact in a letter to county commissioners Thursday. Jacobs and Mayor Buddy Dyer will announce the agreement today after tourism leaders review it.

"We're supportive of this approach," said Dyer's spokeswoman Heather Fagan. "We think this is a win-win-win for all the partners involved."

City and county staff still will have to work out details of the plan during the next several weeks, Jacobs' memo says, before it's brought to both sets of commissioners for review, public hearings and final votes.

Photos: Orlando power brokers

Until now, winning Jacobs' support was crucial because all the projects rely heavily on funding from the county's lucrative tourist tax. Under the deal, however, the city would likely issue bonds, putting at least some of the borrowing risk on Orlando taxpayers.

Dyer has coveted the chance to land an MLS team and had already started buying millions of dollars' worth of land for it downtown.

The deal includes a crucial $20 million pledge for the stadium that's contingent on Orlando landing an expansion team. Officials with Orlando City Soccer, a minor-league team, have said a new stadium is essential to bringing MLS to Central Florida.

Jacobs' "framework" also includes:

•An additional $25 million, spread across five years, to boost tourism marketing. The county already budgeted $36 million next fiscal year to Visit Orlando, which promotes local tourism.

•A $25 million payout to get the stalled second phase of the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts completed. Jacobs had pledged this earlier this year, and if boosters meet certain fundraising thresholds, it should allow them to complete the complex by 2018.

•The Citrus Bowl is already slated for $191 million in renovations. But it would get an additional $12 million, which boosters say enhances its chances of landing more premier sports events.

•An additional $10 million in convention-center improvements — on top of $187 million in upgrades planned during the next five years that the county had already approved.

•A separate $2.5 million would be earmarked for sports-marketing efforts to attract major events. That effort would be handled by the Central Florida Sports Commission through Visit Orlando.

Of the various proposals, the only organized opposition has emerged around the soccer-stadium plan.

Orlando City Soccer President Phil Rawlins has said the stadium and a pro franchise would bring increased economic benefits, notably through attracting visitors to events such an MLS All-Star game or other matches involving internationally recognized teams.

Televised games would increase Orlando's global brand and help attract the burgeoning Brazilian visitor market to the city, said Rawlins, who could not be reached for comment Thursday night.

The team owners say they would pay what is now estimated to be a $70 million franchise fee and put $30 million toward the stadium. The rest of the $85 million would come from a mix of city and county funds, though the city's financing options are still being worked out.

Critics have openly worried about that lack of detail. They have argued the team should play in a renovated Citrus Bowl or be required to put in more of its own money on any new venue.

Doug Head, president of the bipartisan watchdog group CountyWatch, said its members are skeptical that stadiums ever deliver on their economic promises. Some activists worry that the stadium would displace residents of the downtown neighborhood of Parramore.

Tea-party and Democratic activists have teamed to oppose the soccer stadium as Citizens Against Corporate Welfare.

But Head and others say there's a growing sense that what public thinks doesn't really matter.

"A lot people have gotten the feeling that the elected officials are in the pocket of the individuals who are behind this," Head said before Jacobs' memo was released. "The public just gives up because they are going to do what they are going to do. Resistance is futile."