Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

Fucking guys. :lol:

You wait til we all go to bed then start this shit?

:lol: You leave the keys in the ignition, we're going to take the fucker out for a spin.

Honestly though, there are loads of Americans lurking here, man. This is the thread where they'll post.

Invasion point, tbh.

Klinsmann was a mistake.  An inevitable mistake.

I disagree at this point. The point of these games was never to win (though obviously that's always something you want). The point was to figure out who will figure in the team going forward and to get them acclimated. For example, they were doing extremely intense 2-a-days for the last week in training. Knowing full well it might mean players were going to be too tired during the actual game, but he wanted to see who would be able to handle the intensity and who can play the way he wants to play even under adversity. These kinds of things take time - I'll be worried if qualifying starts next year and we still look so ramshackle. Until then, in Jurgen I trust.

Klinsmann was a mistake.  An inevitable mistake.

I disagree at this point. The point of these games was never to win (though obviously that's always something you want). The point was to figure out who will figure in the team going forward and to get them acclimated. For example, they were doing extremely intense 2-a-days for the last week in training. Knowing full well it might mean players were going to be too tired during the actual game, but he wanted to see who would be able to handle the intensity and who can play the way he wants to play even under adversity. These kinds of things take time - I'll be worried if qualifying starts next year and we still look so ramshackle. Until then, in Jurgen I trust.

I hope you are right.  I can't shake the feeling that the longer he stayed out of football the more his stature grew in the eyes of some.  He certainly had success rebuilding the Germany squad but that was 5 years ago. 

• 4 weeks later...

Call ups for the October friendlies.

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION - Detailed Roster

GOALKEEPERS (3): Bill Hamid (D.C.United), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting Lisbon), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Jeff Larentowicz (Colorado Rapids), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)

FORWARDS (5): Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy)

Bradley and Gooch back in the fold. :snod: