Alexander Isak

Disco

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Like what, sign a new RW and midfielder to link the play with his own money? Calm down, Rio.

Don't forget that he missed a chance last weekend. No way anyone will be in for him now.

Edited by Erikse

14 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

see "effectively"

I did make note of that. Effectively to me is him saying after asked when he would contribute - "Not this year or next, we expect he'll develop over that time".

So what did he say that implied he "effectively" will not contribute for years?

edit: Not trying to call you out, I do not recall that message ever.

Edited by McDog

Think he's fantastic, but if we got £85m for him, given his fitness record, I'd not be as gutted to lose him as I would have been 8 or so months ago.

When he plays he doesn't look fully fit half the time (as Wilson always out), which doesn't help his cause unfortunately.

Hopefully he gets fully fit, takes his chances again and we qualify for Europe.

21 minutes ago, Menace said:

In another club he won't have these fitness issues - we simply cannot utilise him to his strengths or work around his stamina/natural fitness. It's poor man management all round tbh.

Nice to see people just making stuff up now 

2 hours ago, Karjala said:

Think he's fantastic, but if we got £85m for him, given his fitness record, I'd not be as gutted to lose him as I would have been 8 or so months ago.

When he plays he doesn't look fully fit half the time (as Wilson always out), which doesn't help his cause unfortunately.

Hopefully he gets fully fit, takes his chances again and we qualify for Europe.

In todays market I think we could get £125M for him.

A proven top scorer in the PL at a good age...

I really hope he stays though.

4 hours ago, Andy84 said:

Nice to see people just making stuff up now 

image.thumb.png.516ab9595465f122f5c2dcd4f4530a0a.png

Aye definitely. The way we managed players last year even ended up having to be investigated but I'm making stuff up right

41 minutes ago, Menace said:

image.thumb.png.516ab9595465f122f5c2dcd4f4530a0a.png

Aye definitely. The way we managed players last year even ended up having to be investigated but I'm making stuff up right

What's this supposed to demonstrate? Other than the thigh injury he got five minutes after joining whilst on international duty, it's basically been the odd knock here and there. He was a mainstay in the side during the worst of our troubles last season. 

5 hours ago, Menace said:

In another club he won't have these fitness issues - we simply cannot utilise him to his strengths or work around his stamina/natural fitness. It's poor man management all round tbh.

You're right as much as it might frustrate others.

Find it incredible that a question about contracts (Gordons) leads to Isak's contract,

Howe answers saying he isn't directly involved in contracts and that's handled by other individuals at the club, he mentions Alex currently has a long term deal and is one of the highest paid currently.

Somehow the press manipulate that into a new story about Arsenal are now on high alert, Isak wants champions league football, and contract talks have stalled at Newcastle. 

I need to start watching other managers press conferences, because I'll bet my house, none are as ridiculous as ours, it's like they can't just ask about the forthcoming fixture, it's always got to be some dumb ass questions, and something that they can make into a drama. 

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Find it incredible that a question about contracts (Gordons) leads to Isak's contract,

Howe answers saying he isn't directly involved in contracts and that's handled by other individuals at the club, he mentions Alex currently has a long term deal and is one of the highest paid currently.

Somehow the press manipulate that into a new story about Arsenal are now on high alert, Isak wants champions league football, and contract talks have stalled at Newcastle. 

I need to start watching other managers press conferences, because I'll bet my house, none are as ridiculous as ours, it's like they can't just ask about the forthcoming fixture, it's always got to be some dumb ass questions, and something that they can make into a drama. 

Unfortunately, few other teams are in such a strange position as ours - we have multiple world class talents on the pitch (or at least that is their reputation), and yet they belong to a club wallowing in midtable.

The media are always, always, going to pick up on those situations as ripe for coverage because, like it or not, world class talents typically don't stick around long with clubs that perform averagely, and without European competition.

4 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Unfortunately, few other teams are in such a strange position as ours - we have multiple world class talents on the pitch (or at least that is their reputation), and yet they belong to a club wallowing in midtable.

The media are always, always, going to pick up on those situations as ripe for coverage because, like it or not, world class talents typically don't stick around long with clubs that perform averagely, and without European competition.

[emoji38] Fuck off [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

It would not surprise me at all if he agitates for a move or seriously considers it next summer if we don’t get Europe, I don’t think that’s controversial 🤷‍♂️ 

It's not controversial in the slightest. And if Isak moves, guaranteed the club will be mulling a rebuild.

9 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

haha? have you not seen the league table the last year and a half mate?

Considering the injury crisis we had last season, we were unfortunate to just fall short of a European spot, currently we're eight games into a season. 

What the hell are you getting at? [emoji38]

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Considering the injury crisis we had last season, we were unfortunate to just fall short of a European spot, currently we're eight games into a season. 

What the hell are you getting at? [emoji38]

Your argument is that we're now almost a quarter through the season, having the advanced metrics of a bottom table club, with one of the easiest starts to the season as well? (After being bang average nearly all last season?)

Interesting.

If selling a purple in the summer generates a rebuild then I’m all for it. Bothered me before, not now. Other clubs roll like this. We aren’t a special case. Can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs etc. A long way to go with many a twist before then. Hopium for a very good game on Sunday!

Just now, Upthemags said:

Your argument is that we're now almost a quarter through the season, having the advanced metrics of a bottom table club, with one of the easiest starts to the season as well? (After being bang average nearly all last season?)

Interesting.

Im not making an argument? 

Stating the obvious, and yes after our first four games it was reported it was Newcastles best start to a season in 29 years, and as mentioned previously, we were not really bang average all season, we really struggled with injuries, and just fell short of a European place, still finishing above Man Utd, and Sunderland. 

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Im not making an argument? 

Stating the obvious, and yes after our first four games it was reported it was Newcastles best start to a season in 29 years, and as mentioned previously, we were not really bang average all season, we really struggled with injuries, and just fell short of a European place, still finishing above Man Utd, and Sunderland. 

The team has looked shite since the first minute against southampton. Nicked the results despite it for the first few games. Now regressing to our mean. Begs the question, is 50 games not a big enough sample size for you? ManU dealt with major injuries last season, and Chelsea were an absolute disaster for 6 months, and one got Europa League, and the other won an FA Cup.

Excuses are weak.