Harrison Ashby (on loan at Swansea City)

James

2 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

Did you not read the part where I said Livramento has been excellent? Nobody knew when we signed this lad we’d then have a chance at signing Livramento. So the plan was no doubt for Ashby to be next in line. Livramento becomes available that situation has changed most likely.

I read the part where two weeks ago you said you were more excited about Ashby than Livramento [emoji38]

20 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I read the part where two weeks ago you said you were more excited about Ashby than Livramento [emoji38]

To be fair the comment was over 2 months ago, well before Tino, fullback of Newcastle, showed his quality.

25 minutes ago, ToonScotman said:

A comment made back in august? Before Livramento had even played a game for us.

Others have already said it but I really doubt we bought Ashby to be part of the first team squad in near future. Ashby, Minteh and Kuol are basically lottery tickets where we look to loan them out for couple of seasons and if they develop well we can bring them here or flip them for profit to help with FFP with very low risk involved.

Livramento had already played a season in PL (and was very good then) and was very much bought to be part of the first team squad right away. Ashby has 6 minutes of PL experience if I’m looking at it right, there was no way we go to this season with him as the main backup for an aging Trippier.

Edited by Pata

That setup is one of the reasons why the ’big six’ can spend seemingly endless amounts of money without having to worry about FFP. It’s a shitty practice but we really have to do it too to be able to compete with them as long as the rules allow it.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

That setup is one of the reasons why the ’big six’ can spend seemingly endless amounts of money without having to worry about FFP. It’s a shitty practice but we really have to do it too to be able to compete with them as long as the rules allow it.

And 3m amortised is essentially nothing. FFP impact isn’t even worth considering. 

• 4 weeks later...