Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The thing about Brighton is they punch well above their weight for a club of their size and finance. They're also really fun to watch. De Zerbi might be getting a bit too much hype at the moment, but he's still done a cracking job to date.

He was also complimentary about or performance and season when he was interviewed after we beat them at the end of last season. He came across as really likeable.

Great takes today. Not sure which one is the winner:

- Brighton has been sussed & De Zerbi is an overrated fraud

or

- Rice is overrated since Arsenal drew and West Ham is winning without him

17 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Brighton lost their two best midfielders to be fair, did win their first two as well. They'll be absolutely fine. 

That's why I don't believe in them as much. Their signings seem kinda meh, but we will see. I'm sure they can do top 8 or something.

Edited by Erikse

32 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Brighton are a very good team, regardless of this result.

they are a fantastic side, but just find the love in a bit over the top. People think so highly of them that they seem faultless. 

18 minutes ago, Erikse said:

That's why I don't believe in them as much. Their signings seem kinda meh, but we will see. I'm sure they can do top 8 or something.

Top 8 would be considered a good finish for them regardless, no? 

3 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Top 8 would be considered a good finish for them regardless, no? 

With the current squad, while being in Europe, then yes. But 8th is just a maybe for me, and I really doubt it will be higher.

Edited by Erikse

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

because there’s an odd obsession on N-O with everything they do. It’s tiresome. 

Well we hired their DoF so there's obviously going to be some comparison. I don't think there's been any more talk on here about them than on Twitter.

Think they're just an interestingly run club. Better than dregs like Norwich or WBA in the league

Just now, joeyt said:

Well we hired their DoF so there's obviously going to be some comparison. I don't think there's been any more talk on here about them than on Twitter.

Think they're just an interestingly run club. Better than dregs like Norwich or WBA in the league

Personally I just remember from early on in the window that some users on here expected them to stay amongst the top teams for years, because they would just reinvest their money in new Caicedos and MacAllisters like it's easy for them. There's still time to bring in more players, but I'm not sure if Milner and Joao Pedro is going to be the next Caicedo/MacAllister/Bissouma type of signings.. That's what I mean about overhyping them in here.

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

If you judge all their signings on paper then they're always underwhelming. No one here had any ideas about how good players like Mitoma, Caceido, MacAllister would be

They can't keep hitting jackpot forever. There are some good players in there still, some good youngsters aswell, but when your wage budget is that low it's very hard to stay up there for a long time. This is actually something that they brought up in the documentary about us on amazon prime.

That being said, I'm sure they could end up becoming a stable mid table team. I just don't see them becoming a regular European side.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

From his Everton days Moyes did seem to follow a poor season up by a good one. Looks like he's copying the same pattern for Wham.

He's a great manager if mid-table obscurity is your aim. West Ham are stuck with him now because he won them a cup so their fans have at least one more season of dull, physical football to look forward to.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's a great manager if mid-table obscurity is your aim. West Ham are stuck with him now because he won them a cup so their fans have at least one more season of dull, physical football to look forward to.

I'm sure some of their fans are experiencing the same paradox that we did sometimes, almost hoping that they will do worse at times so that there's a chance they will change manager.