Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

11 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Ended 4-4 and pens, which Feyenoord won 4-2 :cool:

That doesn’t surprise me. Tried Dutch football last year and the amount of mistakes, errors was catastrophic. Had never seen football played so open, and not in a good way. Tactics completely out the window. It was like football out of a different dimension. 

and if you don’t believe me, this game was my reference point. 

29 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

That doesn’t surprise me. Tried Dutch football last year and the amount of mistakes, errors was catastrophic. Had never seen football played so open, and not in a good way. Tactics completely out the window. It was like football out of a different dimension. 

and if you don’t believe me, this game was my reference point. 

I remember our Arsenal 4-4 game and West Ham 4-3 with a certain fondness as opposed to for its defensive deficiencies on display, but to each their own mate. Give me that over Southgate-ball any day of the week.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

I remember our Arsenal 4-4 game and West Ham 4-3 with a certain fondness as opposed to for its defensive deficiencies on display, but to each their own mate. Give me that over Southgate-ball any day of the week.

It’s a tough one because the attacking play is brilliant but the defensive play is abysmal. If they could find the balance, it’d be perfect and exactly what football should be but I think it’s just in the DNA. I’ve seen bottom of the league Dutch teams go to a top three side, attack for 10 minutes, create a few chances but as soon as that one goal goes in against them, they don’t know whether to keep attacking or damage limitation. I don’t have enough expertise on the league to make a judgment. Is it an entertainment thing? Do Dutch fans demand attacking football no matter what the score is or can they appreciate the trying to keep the score down and can they get on board with their side accepting defeat and just try to keep it to a minimum on a defensive display. I feel like we one here know when we’re beaten and we don’t want to incur any further embarrassment where as you go to the the Dutch league and you’re seeing 8-0s on the weekly. I don’t know if it’s brave or stupid or both? I’m fascinated tbh as silly as that might sound. 

16 hours ago, janpawel said:

No takers for Gibbs White it seems

Quite like him as a player and think he could definitely step up 

Might that have been why we were trying out a structure with someone sitting in the AM role instead of two wide forwards? Could it? Ok, probably not. 

On 04/08/2024 at 15:02, nufcjb said:

@brummie what happened to you guys over there in the US? Lost all 3 games? were the performances good or are you worried? I know it's just about getting the fitness right at this time but I felt a bit down after we lost yesterday, you guys went out there and lost all 3, not a nice feeling unless you played great and we re narrowly beaten in all 3.

Nah, preseason innit, all about fitness. Nobody cares about the result.

Plus Martinez, Konsa, Watkins and, errr, Duran, not out there.

Played our third choice keeper in one of the games.

Diego Carlos still looks shit, is my main learning.

2 minutes ago, brummie said:

Nah, preseason innit, all about fitness. Nobody cares about the result.

Plus Martinez, Konsa, Watkins and, errr, Duran, not out there.

Played our third choice keeper in one of the games.

Diego Carlos still looks shit, is my main learning.

always thought he looked decent enough whenever I watched Villa. 

I have the Sheff United vs Preston game on in the background with our game, and Woodman is proper radge these days, he just claimed a very simple ball and went ballistic telling his whole defense to fuck off :lol: 

Just promoted Mansfield beating Barnsley 2-0 after 18 minutes. Blackburn beating Derby too. National League champions Chesterfield beating Swindon aswell.

Edited by 54