Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Wood is so much better just staying high up the pitch with someone playing off him.

Isn't as isolated, and doesn't need to drop in and hold the ball up.

Was the same with Ashley Barnes doing the hold up for him at Burnley as a second striker and now at Forest he has a number 10 always dropping in instead.

Worked out really well for Forest. 

Edited by KaKa

8 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

How many teams in world football could afford £100m? It’s a handful of clubs, surely? So the fact that 5-10 elite clubs in world football didn’t think it was a good deal or a position of need. That says what, exactly?

How do we know there weren’t informal talks regarding a possible price and a PSR deal? The same way there apparently were with Gordon?

It would need to be the right club for him and all. Not just a money move. As it sounds like he is on a wedge and is clearly ambitious and competitive. His next move might be his last to a club that will play consistently in the CL and challenge for trophies. 

Bruno is massive for us. As highlighted whenever he doesn’t play. We can’t string 5 passes together or build from

the back and we create even less than we do currently. 

As for keeping Anderson over him. That is quite frankly an outlandish statement :lol: Anderson had about 3-4 decent games for us, was starting to look a bit position-less in our setup, was behind what, 5 midfielders in the pecking order?

He’s done nothing to suggest he can get to Bruno levels IMO. Different type of player, anyway. 

I probably didn't explain it well. But if we had sold Bruno this summer for £70m-£80m then we would not have had to sell Anderson for £15m, which is all we really got for him. I would have replaced Bruno with Bruno v2 from the continent. Our recruitment team have already shown they can identify good players. Let them do their job. 

We need to get less attached to players as fans and sell at peak value. But I get your point about the market for players like Bruno being very small with only a few clubs paying that sort of money. That's when we need to sell, when those rare deals do come around. Spurs with Bale, Liverpool with Coutinho, Villa with Grealish, West Ham with Rice. 

3 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

I probably didn't explain it well. But if we had sold Bruno this summer for £70m-£80m then we would not have had to sell Anderson for £15m, which is all we really got for him. I would have replaced Bruno with Bruno v2 from the continent. Our recruitment team have already shown they can identify good players. Let them do their job. 

We need to get less attached to players as fans and sell at peak value. But I get your point about the market for players like Bruno being very small with only a few clubs paying that sort of money. That's when we need to sell, when those rare deals do come around. Spurs with Bale, Liverpool with Coutinho, Villa with Grealish, West Ham with Rice. 

You make it sound easy to just go and get Bruno 2.0? Seems a bit too easy of a fix to me. 

As for the point about him for £70-80m or Anderson and Minteh going. The second is by far the better deal. We’d be losing our talisman, heartbeat of our team and now captain. For a bloke that’d never kicked a ball in the Premier League and another young player who has seemingly turned onto De Bruyne since leaving based on comments in here. 

It is still shit and I’d rather we kept both of course in an ideal world. Or if we managed to get rid of some dead wood and that somehow sorted PSR. But that would require an over-inflated market (hasn’t been like that for a while) for crocks like Wilson and bang average players at best like Almiron and Murphy. 

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Wood and Awoniyi is a decent set of strikers for Forest.

This rotation role is far better for Taiwo as he is ridiculously injury prone.

Just thinking that. Good options as long as both fit. Forest look solid. Only 1 loss. They won't get relegated. I think 10th to 12th for Forest.

Guehi looked alright in the euros against poor teams, adibayaro or whatever he’s called looks bang average as does Kelly so far although an upgrade on dummett. Mbuemo and De Ligt for the money we wanted to pay for Guehi seem better business.  Who is to blame who knows but since staveley left place seems an absolute mess