Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Ah yes, talentless Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds and his...

*Quick Google search.*

£150m net worth.

:lol: I don't agree with toon25's assessment but i think it's been proven with evermore frequency that being a multi-millionaire doesn't mean someone can't still be a talentless wanker.

Daft ref in Fiorentina v Milan game, gave a penalty for a defender heading the ball thinking it was handball (overturned of course- easiest decision in World for VAR).

Edited by Caleb70

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Think it’s caveman if it’s a blanket ‘no women for men’s games’ but if it’s ‘I don’t like the women who currently comment on men’s games’ it’s a bit different. I think we can all agree that most commentators, male or female, are shite 

Purely football commentators mate, just doesn't sound right yet. There might be a decent one to come along, but i get enough of females (and male) voices moaning at work. Football is my escape.

Edited by Bimpy474

10 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Say what you want about Arteta acting the prick, which he does, but he hasnt half got that team pumped up. Of the opinion he knows exactly what he's doing tbf. 

He's created a "us against the world" mentality within the club and fanbase and it's working

Just now, joeyt said:

He's created a "us against the world" mentality within the club and fanbase and it's working

Aye. Even though I have a load of family who are Arsenal fans and I’ve always had a soft spot for them. Their fans really are going on like this.

Implying refs and the media have it in for them and that they’re viewed by other fanbases like they’re Millwall, or something and everyone hates them :lol: 

Their tedious schtick is almost, almost making me want City to win the league :lol: 

Would genuinely be happy if they did manage it, mind. The same way I was when Liverpool broke the City stranglehold. It’s not all about the money with them and they play nice stuff. 

12 hours ago, Bimpy474 said:

Purely football commentators mate, just doesn't sound right yet. There might be a decent one to come along, but i get enough of females (and male) voices moaning at work. Football is my escape.

There is a lead commentator on MOTD who has a really annoying voice/style. But I didn’t mind the woman on co-comms on our game today. Didn’t really notice or register that she was saying anything particularly outrageous. 

Better than Andy ‘has to be doing better there’ Hinchcliffe. Hindsight Hinchcliffe is the worst co-comms out there. Actually, it’s probably Lee Dixon. 

I don’t want Arsenal winning the league , Arteta is a wanker and so are the fans, the way they went on with Wenger after everything he did for them was a disgrace. They are one of the teams we will be competing with over the next few years and if they do win the league it makes it harder.

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

There is a lead commentator on MOTD who has a really annoying voice/style. But I didn’t mind the woman on co-comms on our game today. Didn’t really notice or register that she was saying anything particularly outrageous. 

Better than Andy ‘has to be doing better there’ Hinchcliffe. Hindsight Hinchcliffe is the worst co-comms out there. Actually, it’s probably Lee Dixon. 

That's the thing to co commentator & studio guests are fine, except that Izzy someone whos voice sounds like she's on helium or Aluko who just says utter says generic nonsense.

32 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Aye. Even though I have a load of family who are Arsenal fans and I’ve always had a soft spot for them. Their fans really are going on like this.

Implying refs and the media have it in for them and that they’re viewed by other fanbases like they’re Millwall, or something and everyone hates them :lol: 

Their tedious schtick is almost, almost making me want City to win the league :lol: 

Would genuinely be happy if they did manage it, mind. The same way I was when Liverpool broke the City stranglehold. It’s not all about the money with them and they play nice stuff. 

To be fair that sounds like us - I reckon club has a bit of that in their fan base. 

58 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

To be fair that sounds like us - I reckon club has a bit of that in their fan base. 

Nah. I think we are understandably getting a bit defensive. As any bit of relative success we now have is now just met with ‘money’ and ‘oil club.’ 

Of course every fanbase has an element of support that thinks there is a bit of a conspiracy against them. Or that they don’t get enough credit, are unfairly disliked etc. But living amongst a lot of Arsenal fans and having plenty on social media. They have gone into overdrive this season, for sure. 

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

He's also spent an absolute shitload the last two years which helps. Way more than anyone else until Chelsea skewed things anyway in January.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

18 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Nah. I think we are understandably getting a bit defensive. As any bit of relative success we now have is now just met with ‘money’ and ‘oil club.’ 

Of course every fanbase has an element of support that thinks there is a bit of a conspiracy against them. Or that they don’t get enough credit, are unfairly disliked etc. But living amongst a lot of Arsenal fans and having plenty on social media. They have gone into overdrive this season, for sure. 

I know what they’re like - I lived in angel for 7 years and Muswell hill for ten years so worked alongside a lot of them and still play online with 5 fans, 3 being season tickets holders to this day. In my opinion they like to talk about arsenal a lot but no more than I do about us and are no different.

In my experience of living in London - Chelsea fans are the worst.