Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Wasn't there a story in the early 90s where Maidstone nearly did play at SJP or the International Stadium in a ground share or something, to do with ownership?  Sounds like a fever dream but remember liking the idea of having local league football.

They were sharing with Dartford at the time.

Just now, Jonas said:

Wasn't there a story in the early 90s where Maidstone nearly did play at SJP or the International Stadium in a ground share or something, to do with ownership?  Sounds like a fever dream but remember liking the idea of having local league football.

They were sharing with Dartford at the time.

They were to merge with Newcastle Bluestar I believe. Their owner was prevented from doing so.

It would basically have meant that Newcastle Bluestar would have skipped a few leagues.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

They were to merge with Newcastle Bluestar I believe. Their owner was prevented from doing so.

It would basically have meant that Newcastle Bluestar would have skipped a few leagues.

That's great.  Thanks.

Always remember something but was a kid at the time and it just seems like I must have got something wrong when you think about it logically even just a few years later. Remember Gateshead used to have the old billboard outside the ground and I just liked the idea of seeing "Tuesday: Maidstone versus Tranmere"

5 minutes ago, Jonas said:

That's great.  Thanks.

Always remember something but was a kid at the time and it just seems like I must have got something wrong when you think about it logically even just a few years later. Remember Gateshead used to have the old billboard outside the ground and I just liked the idea of seeing "Tuesday: Maidstone versus Tranmere"

I only heard about it because of Maidstone in the last round, and I read up on it.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Would this be the biggest upset of all time by league position? 

What was the disaprity between Newcastle and Hereford?

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

What was the disaprity between Newcastle and Hereford?

Tbf I reckon the Craggy Island 5-a-side team could win at the Etihad in the third round and they'd still play the clip of Romeo Sensini's winning goal second on the BBC FA Cup montages after R*nnie fucking R*dford.

Edited by Pilko