Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Impressed by Garnacho, very inventive and direct on the ball. Man United played well but I wonder if they were helped by City’s lack of conditioning at the end of the second half.

Been such a long season and I think you could see that impact on the players.

Kane would make Man United title-challengers. 

He's our best winger by a mile. 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Aye, Garnacho was very lively 

Not sure of his fitness situation but he should start ahead of Sancho every single time

Sancho actually has a goal contribution every 180 mins. There's much bigger flops than him, Antony being one. 

Garnacho will break through next year though and Antony will need to be careful with Pellistri coming through. 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Out of interest @Froggy do you post on any Man United forums or is this your main one?

Genuine question btw - I like having you (and other non-Newcastle fans) on the board, makes it better.

No mate. Don't post on any forums but this one. Can't really handle it. 

Can get frustrated on here as everyone hates us but at the same time it's quite consistent. :lol:

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Sancho actually has a goal contribution every 180 mins. There's much bigger flops than him, Antony being one. 

Garnacho will break through next year though and Antony will need to be careful with Pellistri coming through. 

That's fair but I've not seen Anthony play on the left which is why I picked on Sancho

He’s just going to get better and better. Especially if a centre forward profile of someone like Kane joins.

Not necessarily. He’s a clear talent but there’s zero way to be sure of that. Plenty of young players have disappeared after looking promising. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

No mate. Don't post on any forums but this one. Can't really handle it. 

Can get frustrated on here as everyone hates us but at the same time it's quite consistent. :lol:

Fair :lol:

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

That's fair but I've not seen Anthony play on the left which is why I picked on Sancho

Sancho doesn't have the stomach for it. I'm probably harsh on Antony but at least he'll track back and empty people if he loses the ball. 

3 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Kane would make Man United title-challengers. 

Nah, Man City are too good and while Kane improves them they are not third-in-the-league-good right now.

Just now, Pata said:

Nah, Man City are too good and while Kane improves them they are not third-in-the-league-good right now.

Also Chelsea won’t be as bad next season and neither will Liverpool. Not taking away from our achievement but the big 6 teams had a big drop off this season. 

Froggy is a canny poster man.

Could well be, but I cannot imagine a situation where on a Newcastle cup final day my choice of chatting about a NUFC game is a MUFC board.  It just doesn't make any sense to me.  

If Man United can ship out some of the passengers they could have something going for them. Sancho needs to go. Horrific player with a weak mentality. AWB not good enough at this level. Eriksen offers nothing against strong sides. He has become the kind of player you start against Bournemouth and Everton to spray some passes around. Antony is Almiron from Wish. A 90 million £ joke. De Gea needs to move on or be 2nd choice as well. Sensational shotstopper but offers nothing else and is too easily bullied.

Not a complete rebuild but a lot of changes needed. And I doubt they have the organization and leadership to do it. Not to mention £££. They've just subbed in Weghorst in an FA cup final when they needed a goal :lol::lol::lol:

Kane as good as he is still gets Man United nowhere near challenging for the league . Look at some of them away results they have had , when we beat them 2-0 for example we ran all over them and they couldn’t cope with our pressing and running , no way does Kane make any sort of difference in that game .

1 minute ago, Sempiternal said:

Also Chelsea won’t be as bad next season and neither will Liverpool. Not taking away from our achievement but the big 6 teams had a big drop off this season. 

Yeah, Man City are way ahead of anyone and Liverpool probably clear second assuming they sign the players they are linked with. Hard to rank anyone after that, maybe Arsenal third due to being a year older.

5 minutes ago, Pata said:

I think Rice and Kane would put them as the main challengers but still not quite Man City levels over a season.

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Do you not questions someones sanity who's only board that he posts on is where "everyone hates us".  And choses to post here on a cup final day?  

Nah not really. He’s part of the furniture here and has already explained why he’s stuck at home.