Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

The XG is pretty telling. Looked very even on chances created and it basically is.

Sheffield Wednesday sitting super deep is working in regards to stopping Southampton from creating chances. But they've then got to rely on scraps themselves. Bet they've planned for a tight game like this from the start.

Southampton score now and all of that is ignored though.

Edited by David Edgar

Walker-Peters had a through ball on to the right there but chose to shoot with his weaker foot from a poor position. 

Think Southampton need to be coached better in the final third.

Edited by David Edgar

Southampton have looked comfortable here, but they've been painfully pedestrian in possession. Wednesday quite happy for them to chip crosses in knowing there's no one bigger than 5'8 trying to win headers. Might as well throw Che Adams on at this point. 

I also can't decide what to think of Edozie. I see so much raw potential there, and he's got Patterson on toast, but he's going to need to develop some kind of composure in the final third.

Edited by Viana

7 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Walker-Peters had a through ball on to the right there but chose to shoot with his weaker foot from a poor position. 

Think Southampton need to be coached better in the final third.

Some of that is Sheffield Wednesday getting everybody back behind the ball all the time. Also Adam Armstrong not being enough of a nuisance, which is as it ever was tbh.

Just now, Viana said:

Southampton have looked comfortable here, but they've been painfully pedestrian in possession. Wednesday quite happy for them to chip crosses in knowing there's no one bigger than 5'8 trying to win headers. Might as well throw Che Adams on at this point. 

Hotline to the dugout

2 minutes ago, Viana said:

I also can't decide what to think of Edozie. I see so much raw potential there, and he's got Patterson on toast, but he's going to need to develop some kind of composure in the final third.

Looks like he’s modelled his whole being on Leroy Sane. From look to pace to position to bottling 60:40s.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Looks like he’s modelled his whole being on Leroy Sane. From look to pace to position to bottling 60:40s.

Sane is a good shout. He does glide, but there was a few instances in the first half where he over ran it when Patterson was trying his best to keep up with his shadow.