Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Re Man U, the post-match free-for-all with Neville, Keane and Carragher was just as entertaining as the football.

I think it's all going to get worse. This plan for Ratcliffe to buy 25% of the club and take over the football side is bonkers. For the privilege of playing Football Manager, he'll be taking responsibility for results whilst the Glazers stay in ultimate control. I've not heard of a structure like that, and it looks doomed to fall apart in no time.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

And I’m here for it, can’t wait for the Norwich shirts on Wednesday night.

I think they would bounce back eventually, our style is well suited for them as well, they are a counter attacking team and are an attacking one. 

24 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

https://x.com/gnev2/status/1718900997295087975?s=46

Neville blaming the Glazers for Anthony’s signing.

I understand that the Glazers are disastrous but they’re not at fault for this one imo.

Of course they are. They're the people who hire the people who make these deals. Antony was available for £50m earlier in the summer and still would have been an overpay. 

There's zero structure, and it all comes down from the top. Every single transfer we get involved in is a ridiculously long, drawn out process as well. An atrocious club in the transfer market.

Look how efficient you were in the market since your new owners took over. From an outsider looking in it seemed that as soon as your interest was reported the deal was completed very quickly.

We spent 5 months trying to sign De Jong only to panic buy Casemiro. It worked out that time, but it's a recipe for disaster the way we operate. Not sure who you would put the blame on if it's not on the Glazers.

Edited by Froggy

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I thought Varane but he's made of glass and Casemiro is getting reds every other game this season.

The only other person I thought was Rashford who looks shot to pieces

True, i know it’s like a FM meme but changing captain mid season would be mental, I can’t imagine it’s something which is up for consideration. 

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I thought Varane but he's made of glass and Casemiro is getting reds every other game this season.

The only other person I thought was Rashford who looks shot to pieces

Fernandes is the captain. He's our best player, he works the hardest and he's the most vocal. 

He lost the head yesterday and was running around trying to kick people. Not great behaviour for a captain, but it reminds me a certain Irishman who's one of the best captains we've ever had.

Rashford doesn't have the mindset or the ability to be a captain. He's also one of the laziest players we have. When he isn't scoring he's absolutely useless and contibutes nothing.

Casemiro doesn't have the discipline. Varane doesn't have the fitness to consistently be in the lineup.  Shaw and Martinez probably the only other candidates and they're both long term crocks.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Fernandes is the captain. He's our best player, he works the hardest and he's the most vocal. 

He lost the head yesterday and was running around trying to kick people. Not great behaviour for a captain, but it reminds me a certain Irishman who's one of the best captains we've ever had.

Rashford doesn't have the mindset or the ability to be a captain. He's also one of the laziest players we have. When he isn't scoring he's absolutely useless and contibutes nothing.

Casemiro doesn't have the discipline. Varane doesn't have the fitness to consistently be in the lineup.  Shaw and Martinez probably the only other candidates and they're both long term crocks.

Frogman, is ETH under any pressure? 

48 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

https://x.com/gnev2/status/1718900997295087975?s=46

Neville blaming the Glazers for Anthony’s signing.

I understand that the Glazers are disastrous but they’re not at fault for this one imo.

He’s right. No football club owner worth their salt should sanction 80m for Antony.  There’s zero excuses for that. No way did he look a £80m player or one with that potential. Yeh that’s ETH bad as well but he’s the head coach and shouldn’t be in charge of transfers. 

For all I question some of our managements strategies and decision making. They don’t panic. Our decisions are strategic that fit a long term vision.  I might not agree with all of the choices but the decision making has decent logic. Man U don’t do that.  

If you told Eddie he needed to finish in the CL or EL Spot this season, no excuses and you can buy who you want. I don’t think he spends £70m on Libra and Hall. But we have a plan from the top and Eddie doesn’t dictate it. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Frogman, is ETH under any pressure? 

He's certainly not untouchable like he was 8 weeks ago.

We have a lot of very serious injuries so we can understand losing to good sides, but there's been a few of his decisions lately baffling the fanbase. Fernandes on the right is the major one. I know he aggravates opposing fanbases, but he's a wonderful player and our best player by a mile. He was the most productive player in the league last year, so why on earth is he out on the right? We're were playing Man City yesterday, a side that is lightyears better than us. Our only chance in that game was going to be on the counter, so you take your best passer of the ball and put him wide right where he's completely ineffective? No wonder he was trying to kick people yesterday. I can't imagine how frustrated he was.

McTominay has scored a couple of important goals for us lately, but sacrificing Fernandes so McTominay can play centrally is madness. Especially when you have £80m right winger on the bench, albeit not a very good one.

Rashford starting every game and Hojlund being taken off instead of him as well is waivering the faith. I'm sure you all heard the boos yesterday when Hojlund was taken off which should make our feelings very clear. He was our only player who looked dangerous and that has been the case in many games this season. Ten Hag is stubborn though. He won't care if fans disagree with his decisions.

Martial and Garnacho are two of our most productive players when they're on the pitch and they're not getting any time to have an impact. Our best game by a considerable margin this season was the 3-0 win against Palace in the cup where Garnacho and Martial both scored. We have been far better when Martial is on the pitch, yet he continues to start Rashford who has been abysmal.

I'm sure you boys are relishing it, but Wednesday is actually an incredible important game for Ten Hag now. A bad defeat there and there will be a bit of trouble. League Cup is likely our best chance of silverware, and we're obviously defending the cup as well.

Unquestionably the reason theses scabs all plumped for the ESL but the Champion's League is a monster of their own making.

So much money to be made they can't cope not being in it. The emergence of Brighton, Villa, ourselves coinciding with the collapse, for now, of the ESL has flipped loads of them.

Spurs were in turmoil but have turned it around. Chelsea have shit their pants, Man U struggling. Just look how Klopp changed last year when Liverpool were slow off the blocks.

Funny af

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He's certainly not untouchable like he was 8 weeks ago.

We have a lot of very serious injuries so we can understand losing to good sides, but there's been a few of his decisions lately baffling the fanbase. Fernandes on the right is the major one. I know he aggravates opposing fanbases, but he's a wonderful player and our best player by a mile. He was the most productive player in the league last year, so why on earth is he out on the right? We're were playing Man City yesterday, a side that is lightyears better than us. Our only chance in that game was going to be on the counter, so you take your best passer of the ball and put him wide right where he's completely ineffective? No wonder he was trying to kick people yesterday. I can't imagine how frustrated he was.

McTominay has scored a couple of important goals for us lately, but sacrificing Fernandes so McTominay can play centrally is madness. Especially when you have £80m right winger on the bench, albeit not a very good one.

Rashford starting every game and Hojlund being taken off instead of him as well is waivering the faith. I'm sure you all heard the boos yesterday when Hojlund was taken off which should make our feelings very clear. He was our only player who looked dangerous and that has been the case in many games this season. Ten Hag is stubborn though. He won't care if fans disagree with his decisions.

Martial and Garnacho are two of our most productive players when they're on the pitch and they're not getting any time to have an impact. Our best game by a considerable margin this season was the 3-0 win against Palace in the cup where Garnacho and Martial both scored. We have been far better when Martial is on the pitch, yet he continues to start Rashford who has been abysmal.

I'm sure you boys are relishing it, but Wednesday is actually an incredible important game for Ten Hag now. A bad defeat there and there will be a bit of trouble. League Cup is likely our best chance of silverware, and we're obviously defending the cup as well.

Thanks for the insight Froggy :thup:

Personally I’m not looking forward to the game at all, we have too many injuries and have players who have played far too many minutes. Our squad was already somewhat unbalanced and on the small side so i can’t say I’m confident at all. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Personally I’m not looking forward to the game at all, we have too many injuries and have players who have played far too many minutes. Our squad was already somewhat unbalanced and on the small side so i can’t say I’m confident at all.

This is exactly how we feel. :lol: