Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia (Morocco and Croatia qualify)

Big River

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Just read some of Martinez’s post-match comments. He’s such a politician man, sounds like he’s trying to save face and go on about how successful he’s been when in reality he’s been largely complete shit when it matters 

He needs to fuck off and take his crap shoes with him.

8 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Tomori is already cap tied isn't he as he has played in competitive games for England?

He is, but we can't be missing out on these type of players who will play bit part roles in other national teams. He'd be our first choice CB if we got to him before England.

7 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Great attitude from Canada, playing hard just for the equaliser. Brought something to the tournament unlike Wales and Poland albeit they got through.

Belgium completely finished. Witsel one of the most over-rated players ever. Martinez has to start over somewhere.

Morocco are nothing special but could best whoever they get next if its not Spain. Croatia just about not quite bang average plus they play their way.

Really proud of their effort and will to never give up. If Davies scores the penalty against Belgium, nick a result there, feel like that could have given this team the belief. Unfortunately, we didn't get the same type of bounces we did in qualifying. Still, great to be at the tournament and we have something to build on for 2026. I think some strong showings in CONCACAF Tournaments up to 2026 will give us enough to get out of our group round.  

5 hours ago, The Bonk said:

He is, but we can't be missing out on these type of players who will play bit part roles in other national teams. He'd be our first choice CB if we got to him before England.

Definitely. To be honest I've always felt with Tomori he would be better off opting for Canada or Nigeria. Although what would always put a European-based player off doing so is the travelling during qualifying and other tournaments.

I know Cristante was another who could have played for Canada - but I think his decision has been rendered the right one now. Tere's clearly been improvement on this front though from the past where you lost the likes of Hargreaves, Begovic and couldn't convince Hoillett to commit. 

What is it about Martinez that fucks y’all off so much? :lol: There is such a weird obsession and disdain for him on here. Like it’s an actual complex. This is the only place on the planet I see such negativity about him. Is it a British thing? A NE thing? Why?

Edited by cubaricho

6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

What is it about Martinez that fucks y’all off so much? :lol: There is such a weird obsession and disdain for him on here. Like it’s an actual complex. This is the only place on the planet I see such negativity about him. Is it a British thing? A NE thing? Why?

Guy defended Callum McManaman trying to end Haidara’s career. And he’s a fraud.

1 hour ago, tgarve said:

He got Belgium to a World Cup semi no? 

I don’t think that makes him a good manager. Southgate got us to a semi and a final, but premier league clubs won’t be queuing up for him. I don’t think clubs will be queuing up for Martinez either.

On 02/12/2022 at 18:46, Kimbo said:

Guy defended Callum McManaman trying to end Haidara’s career. And he’s a fraud.

Yep.  Snide little cunt, shite manager to boot.  Laughable the talent he was given  by Belgium to achieve nothing - the SF in 2018 was a minimum outcome.

Belgium’s history is meaningless (and Belgium has a pretty solid WC history in fairness); nothing is relative, this was an extraordinarily talented group who peaked together.