Jump to content

Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia (Morocco and Croatia qualify)


Big River
 Share

Recommended Posts

Wednesday 23 November

Group F: Morocco v Croatia (10:00) - ITV

Group F: Belgium v Canada (19:00) - BBC

 

Sunday 27 November

Group F: Belgium v Morocco (13:00) - BBC

Group F: Croatia v Canada (16:00) - BBC

 

Thursday 1 December

Group F: Croatia v Belgium (15:00), Canada v Morocco (15:00) - BBC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think we'll get out of the group, but this is great experience for a lot of our players. I'd love to see Jonathan David have a great tournament and elevate his profile on the world stage.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Don't think we'll get out of the group, but this is great experience for a lot of our players. I'd love to see Jonathan David have a great tournament and elevate his profile on the world stage.

I'm confident, I think Belgium are pretty overrated, Canada will surprise people. They are much better than people think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuinely, the absolute lack of invention and creativity in Martinez' coaching gives every other side in this group a chance.

 

The ageing cloggers he'll play at CB should be targeted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got Croatia and Canada to get out of this group.

 

Which now I’m writing it is even more crackers than I originally thought, and likely means Belgium will win the whole thing.

 

But I’ll stick to my guns.  This group is where the shock early exit comes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’ve got Croatia and Canada to get out of this group.

 

Which now I’m writing it is even more crackers than I originally thought, and likely means Belgium will win the whole thing.

 

But I’ll stick to my guns.  This group is where the shock early exit comes. 


I like the cut of your jib, sir. 🇨🇦

Link to post
Share on other sites

First game is everything. A draw or unlikely win would be absolutely massive for Canada. A loss and all the pressure is on getting a result against Croatia and almost a must win game.

 

Canada almost always grow into games but if they aren't switched on (invariably) at the start the game will be over and Belgium out of sight before Canada can get into the game. First 20-30mins is everything for Canada imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, toontownman said:

First game is everything. A draw or unlikely win would be absolutely massive for Canada. A loss and all the pressure is on getting a result against Croatia and almost a must win game.

 

Canada almost always grow into games but if they aren't switched on (invariably) at the start the game will be over and Belgium out of sight before Canada can get into the game. First 20-30mins is everything for Canada imo.

 

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/canadas-davies-im-ready-to-start-the-first-game-180258650.html

Great news he's back and ready to go. I'm with you, the one thing the Belgian squad has over us, is experience. Once the nerves settle and Canada grows into the game, anything can happen. Like others have mentioned, think the pace of Davies, David and Larin could cause the Belgians some difficulty and create chances. I'm hoping we are able to compete and not park the bus the entire match. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Bonk said:

 

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/canadas-davies-im-ready-to-start-the-first-game-180258650.html

Great news he's back and ready to go. I'm with you, the one thing the Belgian squad has over us, is experience. Once the nerves settle and Canada grows into the game, anything can happen. Like others have mentioned, think the pace of Davies, David and Larin could cause the Belgians some difficulty and create chances. I'm hoping we are able to compete and not park the bus the entire match. 

I'm really excited to see David on the world stage. Did you see the Athletic piece on Borjan? It's amazing. I'm due to arrive in Qatar on Tuesday in time for the game and I'm so pumped.

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Could actually see Belgium going home early in this group.


Depends if Maroc turn up or not. Got a very decent team on paper. Would definitely fancy them in other weaker groups.

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Disco said:


Depends if Maroc turn up or not. Got a very decent team on paper. Would definitely fancy them in other weaker groups.

 

Yup, Hakimi, Ziyech are good players and they have a decent squad overall. Group F is tough if you look at it objectively. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 21/11/2022 at 06:29, toon25 said:

It's like Martinez selection policy is to load up FM18.

It's Belgium, they had a golden generation which is now coming towards the end. Where are these brilliant younger players he is ignoring?

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, buzza said:

I think this is the hardest group in the world cup (to predict). All teams should be pretty equal and belgium will or won’t turn up…

 

It is, I can't tell if we're going to get hammered by Belgium, nick a draw or win a tight one. :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...