The Europeometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

625 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

I read an article about the same thing happening with Brighton and Union Saint-Gilloise who have the same owner. All they needed to do was "restructure their board." 

Same with Villa

Its a complete non story - UEFA will not do anything

Didn’t the two Red Bull teams play each other a few years back?

7 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Same with Villa

Its a complete non story - UEFA will not do anything

Didn’t the two Red Bull teams play each other a few years back?

I’ve not been paying attention. How many multiple-club ownerships are there in the Premier League?

15 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I’ve not been paying attention. How many multiple-club ownerships are there in the Premier League?

Let’s see 

Man U - Nice

Villa - Vitoria Guimaraes

Man C - 5/6

Chelsea - Strasbourg

Forest - Olympiakos 

Bournemouth - Lorient

Probs a few more to boot 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I read earlier that Man U are confident that by Ratcliffe removing himself from the Nice board the issue gets settled.

I'm not fussed either way, since as has been pointed out, it just means them and Chelsea swap competitions.

Was thinking earlier about Villa's proposal to raise FFP limits for European teams, and why Palace might be for it.

All I could guess is they'll be thinking that if English teams do better in Europe next season, there would be an extra European place for the PL next time, which they or another mildly ambitious team might have the chance to get. 

I still think it's a worse idea than just raising the FFP limit for everyone. That way also, promoted teams might have slightly more of a chance.

Which itself is a worse idea than just scrapping the whole fandango and starting again.

Edited by Abacus

1 hour ago, Abacus said:

Yeah, I read earlier that Man U are confident that by Ratcliffe removing himself from the Nice board the issue gets settled.

I'm not fussed either way, since as has been pointed out, it just means them and Chelsea swap competitions.

Was thinking earlier about Villa's proposal to raise FFP limits for European teams, and why Palace might be for it.

All I could guess is they'll be thinking that if English teams do better in Europe next season, there would be an extra European place for the PL next time, which they or another mildly ambitious team might have the chance to get. 

I still think it's a worse idea than just raising the FFP limit for everyone. That way also, promoted teams might have slightly more of a chance.

Which itself is a worse idea than just scrapping the whole fandango and starting again.

Palace are not ambitious.

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Palace are not ambitious.

No, but they finished 10th, and might think they could sneak 8th one year. It's the only reason I can think a few mid table clubs might like the idea or vote for it.

16 hours ago, Abacus said:

Then Chelsea get kicked out for financial doping :pow:

On 29/05/2024 at 18:12, Abacus said:

No, but they finished 10th, and might think they could sneak 8th one year. It's the only reason I can think a few mid table clubs might like the idea or vote for it.

maybe close to a sale to an oligarch