Safe standing

NUFC91

2 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Yes mate i was up there full of 17-30s. What i hate about it is that seems people forgot its football. Had argument with bloke at fulham game as i waa stood up to watch a corner. Fucking embarrassing man.

Thats what i meant ballot to existing ST holders. Stick them together. Anyone who argues is a selfish prick as its for good of club

I think if folk were told their seat was becoming a standing area they would sharp move if they didn’t fancy it. Big opportunity to sort it this summer, if we’ve only got 33k season ticket holders should be plenty of scope to move folk around.

You’re spot on though don’t think as fans where much if any better than Man City who have been slated. When SJP gets going it’s loud, but it’s so rare these days, I think even the likes of Old Trafford have areas of constant support these days, so it’s not just the times it is possible to have a good home atmosphere.

44 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Any feed back from trust @TheGuv

Also @Heron suggestion that wkr flags do a poll on twitter re sace standing? Might push the Trust harder?

I'll ask the group, might be a decent shout at some point but have a feeling this may be taken down the more formal route of the trust.

Edited by Heron

1 minute ago, Heron said:

I'll ask the group, might be a decent shout at some point but have a feeling this may be taken down the more formal route of the trust.

Agreed, if the trust push hard enough it will happen, I just worry they have it too far down pecking order.

7 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I think if folk were told their seat was becoming a standing area they would sharp move if they didn’t fancy it. Big opportunity to sort it this summer, if we’ve only got 33k season ticket holders should be plenty of scope to move folk around.

You’re spot on though don’t think as fans where much if any better than Man City who have been slated. When SJP gets going it’s loud, but it’s so rare these days, I think even the likes of Old Trafford have areas of constant support these days, so it’s not just the times it is possible to have a good home atmosphere.

Agreed give no one a choice. Man Utd was horrendous but improved, got a mate who sits in stretford end and he said effectively club agree to move fans and it has picked up tbf.

4 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Agreed, if the trust push hard enough it will happen, I just worry they have it too far down pecking order.

More than likely in my experience. Problem is we're not a formal enough body to be listened to, we may be able to influence though.

Edited by Heron

Just now, Heron said:

More than likely in my experience. Problem is where not a formal enough body to be listened to, we may be able to influence though.

Would like to think Trust see value in safe standing/singing section. No reason why we couldnt get this sorted in summer if pusjed hard enough

5 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

the trust will only back it if the board members are personally in favour but worth a try 

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

More than likely in my experience. Problem is we're not a formal enough body to be listened to, we may be able to influence though.

you will have a lot of influence . Despite the membership numbers the trust have little traction among people I know who have been home and away supporters for years. They all know WF tho 

Good luck with the campaign - the simple and sad truth is that football atmospheres died with all-seater stadiums, and - no less importantly - the huge price hikes and no ‘on the turnstile’ tickets that followed (somehow clubs missed Lord Justice Taylor’s comments that going all-seater shouldn’t see huge price hikes).  This isn’t a recent thing - the atmosphere at SJP has been pap most of the time for nearly 30 years.  

The change in the demographics of those attending has hit football’s atmosphere hard.  No longer do you get huge groups of pissed-up young lads gannin crackers.  The whole ground now is what the West and East stand seats used to be - the average age of a match-goer is now mid-40s.  Loads of them would have given up going years ago once upon a time.

Standing therefore isn’t the magic bullet, to me - but it would be a good start. 

22 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Good luck with the campaign - the simple and sad truth is that football atmospheres died with all-seater stadiums, and - no less importantly - the huge price hikes and no ‘on the turnstile’ tickets that followed (somehow clubs missed Lord Justice Taylor’s comments that going all-seater shouldn’t see huge price hikes).  This isn’t a recent thing - the atmosphere at SJP has been pap most of the time for nearly 30 years.  

The change in the demographics of those attending has hit football’s atmosphere hard.  No longer do you get huge groups of pissed-up young lads gannin crackers.  The whole ground now is what the West and East stand seats used to be - the average age of a match-goer is now mid-40s.  Loads of them would have given up going years ago once upon a time.

Standing therefore isn’t the magic bullet, to me - but it would be a good start. 

Agreed but getting loads of lads in a corner be a start. Also wish boring fuckers would join in and sing. Honestly don't get majority of our fans

Update, chased up Trudt, tone of email back was "as i said in previous email" that was from Alex.

Said they are going to ask members for ideas. Only ides/option is put 5k in leazes/gallowgate annd open ballot to those who want to sit there. Is there any other options?

i like the idea of level 7 corner and level 4 leazes being safe standing like

i sit in level 2 leazes corner and it would improve atmosphere 10fold

the only way to do it is to ask those who are interested to apply for safe standing area

if xx amount apply then look at the most suitable area for that amount of people, i.e strawb corner or leazes as mentioned above (or both at opposite ends of ground would be good for atmosphere) and go from there

I did get a reply. It was in my junk…

The Trust will be bringing this up with the club and want to do a survey. Unfortunately, at the present time, it seems the club aren’t keen as it would affect current season ticket holders if they didn’t want to stand. 

Im sure the Trust will work on this. My response is that historically fans have always been moved for the greater good. The Milburn Paddock springs to mind. 

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

The Trust will be bringing this up with the club and want to do a survey. Unfortunately, at the present time, it seems the club aren’t keen as it would affect current season ticket holders if they didn’t want to stand. 

Im sure the Trust will work on this. My response is that historically fans have always been moved for the greater good. The Milburn Paddock springs to mind. 

Can’t imagine the top brass being concerned, it’ll be the left overs from the Ashley regime who can’t be arsed with the admin hassle of sorting it out.

18 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Aye they can't be arsed with atmosphere, sure someone at the un understands this is for the good of team not fans

8 minutes ago, Boo Boy said:

There are alot of fans who don't want standing and they are spread around the ground. so how do you accommodate them. do you force them to move?

Yes.

Singing section was disbanded in 2011. Milburn Paddock in 1994. Fans were forced to move then. 

1 hour ago, Boo Boy said:

There are alot of fans who don't want standing and they are spread around the ground. so how do you accommodate them. do you force them to move?

Suppose they get the option to move otherwise they're going to be in a standing area.

I've been delivered an ultimatum on my seat in gallowgate club so the club will do it.

23 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

what ultimatum?

To take up a move to a higher priced area before the season started as they want to refit the area I'm in for something else.

Didn't take them up and they can't guarantee anything now.