Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Just now, Weezertron said:

The whole policing of people being negative about a possible transfer is weird, like. 

I think 99% of the critical crowd will obviously support him if he signs. 

It's also weird to call it policing. Some on here have no idea what actual oppression looks like, man.

7 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

The whole policing of people being negative about a possible transfer is weird, like. 

Just read like some good natured forum debate to me. No one is policing anyone elses views.

1 minute ago, Weezertron said:

I think that the minority opinion is that he would be a good signing - I'm in good signing camp.

Perhaps a few of us on that side feel like the over-zealousness to write this lad of before he's even joined is just depressing, especially taking into consideration who he'll be training under and the miracles EH has pulled off already.

I know the crowd will overwhelmingly rally behind him if he signs - I just didn't think the whole 'he's a cunt' analysis was that productive or fair...

Anyway, getting a lot of mixed messages from 'pundits' and social media alike about whether it's even going through, so no point getting massively worked up about it either way.

6 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

It's also weird to call it policing. Some on here have no idea what actual oppression looks like, man.

lol aye, I'm from Newcastle. Of course I don't know what actual oppression is. Never claimed to.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Really? :lol: It's just an expression, jeez.

It’s an expression that is often used ridiculously. The overall tone of all this shit sometimes seems just absurd:

1: “This is my opinion”

2: “I don’t like your opinion”

1: “unlike everyone else, I am not swayed by the NO clique”

2: “that’s just stupid”

3: “hold on now. He is entitled to his opinion”

I am probably overreacting, and maybe so because of my own past experiences. But it seems to play over and over on this forum. More often than not, it just seems to be a lazy cop out of the argument. 

12 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

It’s an expression that is often used ridiculously. The overall tone of all this shit sometimes seems just absurd:

1: “This is my opinion”

2: “I don’t like your opinion”

1: “unlike everyone else, I am not swayed by the NO clique”

2: “that’s just stupid”

3: “hold on now. He is entitled to his opinion”

I am probably overreacting, and maybe so because of my own past experiences. But it seems to play over and over on this forum. More often than not, it just seems to be a lazy cop out of the argument. 

I'd say so like :lol: policing or tone policing is no different in terms of being literal to saying someone's a grammar Nazi or bedwetter AFAIC

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I'd say so like :lol: policing or tone policing is no different to saying someone's a grammar Nazi or bedwetter AFAIC

Whatever, dude. Don't think attacking "tone policing"  is much different than those who attack "cancel culture" for every little minute thing. And it is distinctly different in one way...when people claim that others are trying to silence voices, which is just the absurd free speech fallacy.  People are obviously more than welcome to continue with free speech fallacies, but it just sounds lame to me. And I obviously am going to occasionally express my irritation when self-victimizations do indeed pop up. 

It was pretty damn commmon on here during the last transfer window, and at the turn of 2021-22.