Anthony Gordon

Jack27

I think it's pretty clear he wanted to go to Liverpool in the summer , it's been reported by pretty much everyone that was the case . I don't really have an issue with that as such as they are always going to be a bigger club than us but it's the way he's playing and his attitude that makes it look like he's just in a sulk and not even trying which is unforgivable .

I've heard he's annoyed because he we tried to sell him, or he's annoyed because he wanted to go, or he's annoyed because he didn't get any minutes for England. 

It doesn't really matter at this point, we need to get him right. FWIW I'm sure he'll be alright soonish. He nearly scored a wonder goal in the last game. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I've heard he's annoyed because he we tried to sell him, or he's annoyed because he wanted to go, or he's annoyed because he didn't get any minutes for England. 

It doesn't really matter at this point, we need to get him right. FWIW I'm sure he'll be alright soonish. He nearly scored a wonder goal in the last game. 

:pow:

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I agree with you though, it just needs sorting. It's not like he can leave until January anyway so he needs to sort his head out.

Agreed. And if he doesn't sign the new contract before the end of the year we'll have to sell him in January. Thats assuming we can get a higher fee in January compared to next summer. 

He needs to earn the new contract assuming it's big money. You're only as good as your last game, and there's only a handful of clubs who will offer him better deals than us, and they will only pay top dollar for top players.

Which teams in the PL are looking for a LW? Diaz is in the form of his life. Rashford ain’t going anywhere. Sancho will likely nail down the LW spot. Man City have multiple options. Who does that leave, Spurs? Gordon isn’t leaving us for Spurs so a new contract and improved performances please 

Being honest with ourselves, he would have wanted to go to Liverpool. Hes an ambitious character and will be hungry to win things, and then you consider he was offered to his boyhood club. It’s a no brainer and you’d be delusional if you told yourself he wasn’t interested.

However, im not convinced the above is the sole reason for his current form. He’ll be aware that his reputation had peaked after last season and he was riding that wave going into the Euros, and he’ll just as aware that football is fickle and that he needs to keep to his previous standard to ensure he gets his big move. So I don’t think it’s a toys out of the pram case with him.. I think hes struggled just as every other player has. We are out of form as a side with no effective identity or structure on the pitch at the moment, we can isolate players like Gordon or Bruno and look for reasons why their form has dipped or you can take the team as a whole and say there’s no reason for anyone to be playing well right now. It needs sorting asap, because we have a tough run coming up and if we don’t pick it up the season could be dead sooner rather than later. 

Edited by Nine

38 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Which teams in the PL are looking for a LW? Diaz is in the form of his life. Rashford ain’t going anywhere. Sancho will likely nail down the LW spot. Man City have multiple options. Who does that leave, Spurs? Gordon isn’t leaving us for Spurs so a new contract and improved performances please 

He's arguably an upgrade on Martinelli

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Being honest with ourselves, he would have wanted to go to Liverpool. Hes an ambitious character and will be hungry to win things, and then you consider he was offered to his boyhood club. It’s a no brainer and you’d be delusional if you told yourself he wasn’t interested.

However, im not convinced the above is the sole reason for his current form. He’ll be aware that his reputation had peaked after last season and he was riding that wave going into the Euros, and he’ll just as aware that football is fickle and that he needs to keep to his previous standard to ensure he gets his big move. So I don’t think it’s a toys out of the pram case with him.. I think hes struggled just as every other player has. We are out of form as a side with no effective identity or structure on the pitch at the moment, we can isolate players like Gordon or Bruno and look for reasons why their form has dipped or you can take the team as a whole and say there’s no reason for anyone to be playing well right now. It needs sorting asap, because we have a tough run coming up and if we don’t pick it up the season could be dead sooner rather than later. 

The problem with the likes of Gordon and Bruno only the players themselves can sort. It’s not on the coaching team when there’s a lack of application.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

The problem with the likes of Gordon and Bruno only the players themselves can sort. It’s not on the coaching team when there’s a lack of application.

Thank you. It's honestly beyond me when a player is so bang out of form that our own fans just assume its anyone but the player's fault. 

Great news about the contract. Hopefully that gives him the pick up he needs.

I'm going to be very annoyed if we give him a big increase and he's still strolling around the pitch and not trying to win the ball back.

30 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Thank you. It's honestly beyond me when a player is so bang out of form that our own fans just assume its anyone but the player's fault. 

It’s not just one player though is it, when the likes of Gordon, Bruno and Isak all look slack at the same time it runs a bit deeper than just a lack of effort from a single player 

Edited by Nine

20 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Great news about the contract. Hopefully that gives him the pick up he needs.

I'm going to be very annoyed if we give him a big increase and he's still strolling around the pitch and not trying to win the ball back.

Doesn't send the best of messages, just sulk around put in half arsed performances and you'll get a new contract to appease you.

Love the lad but he should have been taken off much earlier amd should be dropped for the next game.

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

It’s not just one player though is it, when the likes of Gordon, Bruno and Isak all look slack at the same time it runs a bit deeper than just a lack of effort from a single player 

Not really. Lacking of running and making yourself available for a pass or attempting to win the ball back is ALL on the player.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Not really. Lacking of running and making yourself available for a pass or attempting to win the ball back is ALL on the player.

100%

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

Bruno doesn't seem fit but he's working his bollocks off and he's out of form.

Isak is running all over the place but he's not been in form either. Seems fit though. Nothing come off for him and he's feeding off less than scrap.s 

3 hours ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Doesn't send the best of messages, just sulk around put in half arsed performances and you'll get a new contract to appease you.

Love the lad but he should have been taken off much earlier amd should be dropped for the next game.

I'm pretty sure the contract's not for that :lol: