Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Chelsea haven’t breached the rules as yet though.

Their problems are coming further down the line - shitloads on amortised contracts for players who aren’t worth close to what they paid for them.  Their wriggle-room will end quickly; they also can’t be finishing mid table forever or else those lucrative commercials start to become less lucrative 

I'm pretty sure Chelsea are severely fucked from next season onwards if they don't get CL.

5 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I'm pretty sure Chelsea are severely fucked from next season onwards if they don't get CL.

They'll just sell Gallagher and maybe even end up selling Palmer to hang on for another season 

To be fair City have been charged with over a hundred offences and will have one of the best legal teams on the globe fighting them every step of the way.

Everton were charged with one and pretty much rolled over and had their belly tickled.

The delay will be purely procedural.

Edited by The Prophet

47 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

"Under the league’s PSR, clubs are allowed to lose a maximum of £105million ($134m) or £35m per season over a rolling three-year reporting cycle."

I'm one who hasn't really studied the FFP rules that much. Does this mean that our £74m loss is nothing to worry about, since a new cycle will now begin and the calculation will start from scratch?

3 minutes ago, Erikse said:

"Under the league’s PSR, clubs are allowed to lose a maximum of £105million ($134m) or £35m per season over a rolling three-year reporting cycle."

I'm one who hasn't really studied the FFP rules that much. Does this mean that our £74m loss is nothing to worry about, since a new cycle will now begin and the calculation will start from scratch?

Nope that lost is only over a 1 year period, it’s a 3 year rolling period. So it’s a bit like this is my understanding.

20-21-22

21-22-23

22-23-24

12 minutes ago, Erikse said:

There isn’t a £74m loss in terms of FFP for last season.  There will be tens of millions in acceptable FFP write-offs. 

The big issue is 21/22, which was a £70m FFP loss - that drops off the three year rolling cycle on 1st July.  It is us spending big to fix Ashley’s mess which has caused the problem, and means that we’d be very close to the limit this season 

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

How come Man Utds leveraged debt is not included ? 

Because their turnover is enough to service that debt comfortably. It does seem to go against the publicly explained reasons for ffp though and also allowed Burnley to be bought with their own money before they were relegated too, if memory serves me right.

19 minutes ago, Ben said:

What unfair advantage have Everton received by breaching FFP ? 

Just stayed up by a couple of points in recent seasons. They have 3 clubs suing them because of it (Burnley, Leeds, Leicester) the whole thing is just a clusterfuck

Out of curiosity does anyone know the 3rd club at risk tomorrow? They said 3 clubs likely to be punished but only Forest and Everton have been named? I know Wolves were close so perhaps them? 

13 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Nope that lost is only over a 1 year period, it’s a 3 year rolling period. So it’s a bit like this is my understanding.

20-21-22

21-22-23

22-23-24

£105 million over 3 years is a complete joke when you consider man city have wage bills alone of £423 million. How are you ever supposed to compete.

Edited by pubteam

Just now, pubteam said:

£75 million over 3 years is a complete joke when you consider man city have wage bills alone of £423 million. How are you ever supposed to compete.

Simply, your not. 

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There isn’t a £74m loss in terms of FFP for last season.  There will be tens of millions in acceptable FFP write-offs. 

The big issue is 21/22, which was a £70m FFP loss - that drops off the three year rolling cycle on 1st July.  It is us spending big to fix Ashley’s mess which has caused the problem, and means that we’d be very close to the limit this season 

Hmm. If it drops off at 1st of july, why does this potensially cause us to have to sell a valuable player in the summer? I get that in general selling gives you a lot of wiggle room sometimes, but from the news that dropped the other day it really seemed like that loss was going to hurt us in the windows this year (including the summer).

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, pubteam said:

£75 million over 3 years is a complete joke when you consider man city have wage bills alone of £423 million. How are you ever supposed to compete.

It’s £105m over 3 seasons, not £75m 

47 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Chelsea haven’t breached the rules as yet though.

Their problems are coming further down the line - shitloads on amortised contracts for players who aren’t worth close to what they paid for them.  Their wriggle-room will end quickly; they also can’t be finishing mid table forever or else those lucrative commercials start to become less lucrative 

They’re being investigated for breaches during Abramovich's time found by Boehley's lot when going through the books. Given they’ve found wrongdoing themselves and have fessed up, surely they have to receive some sort of punishment? They might be pushing for leniency given change in ownership and honesty, but given the recent punish,ents doled out, they can’t get off Scot free.

Surely they're screwed in general soon too, if they don’t get back into the CL soon too I’d imagine

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop
Sausage fingers

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Hmm. If it drops off at 1st of july, why does this potensially cause us to have to sell a valuable player in the summer? I get that in general selling gives you a lot of wiggle room sometimes, but from the news that dropped the other day it really seemed like that loss was going to hurt us in the windows.

It still has an impact, and we’ll likely be running a sizeable loss this year too, and next year’s income is unlikely to grow at all.  I know everyone has been excited by the size of the growth so far, but the reality is that the growth was really down to how badly Ashley ran the club - that was easy.  It isn’t easy to see how much more growth is achievable without success on the pitch. 

There will be room again in the summer to spend, but nothing like what you’d want to push on.  Selling a player for big money would allow us to fill the squad with more quality. 

The other unsaid thing is that our current big names aren’t here to finish mid table.  They’ll be off if a big offer comes their way. 

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

They’re being investigated for breaches during Abramovich's time found by Boehley's lot when going through the books. Given they’ve found wrongdoing themselves and have fessed up, surely they have to receive some sort of punishment? They might be pushing for leniency given change in ownership and honesty, but given the recent punish,ents they’ve received they can’t get off Scot free.

Surely they're screwed in general soon too, if they don’t get back into the CL soon too I’d imagine

It doesn't help that teams in Saudi, arsenal and Newcastle spunk money on their rejects mind.

It would surely do us a favour if city get a massive penalty, at that point they would have to challenge the whole financial fair play situation in court for being anti competitive, which it is. 

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Hmm. If it drops off at 1st of july, why does this potensially cause us to have to sell a valuable player in the summer? I get that in general selling gives you a lot of wiggle room sometimes, but from the news that dropped the other day it really seemed like that loss was going to hurt us in the windows this year (including the summer).

To allow us to spend £100M for FFP purposes, given a £60m+ profit on someone like Bruno could conceivably allow us to buy 6 players at 

£50M each amortised over 5 years, providing we keep growing our commercial income.

It’s convoluted and I wish as a football fan I didn’t have to try and get my head around this bollocks.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It still has an impact, and we’ll likely be running a sizeable loss this year too, and next year’s income is unlikely to grow at all.  I know everyone has been excited by the size of the growth so far, but the reality is that the growth was really down to how badly Ashley ran the club - that was easy.  It isn’t easy to see how much more growth is achievable without success on the pitch. 

There will be room again in the summer to spend, but nothing like what you’d want to push on.  Selling a player for big money would allow us to fill the squad with more quality. 

The other unsaid thing is that our current big names aren’t here to finish mid table.  They’ll be off if a big offer comes their way. 

I can see that, but the media was making it seem like we had to sell a key player BECAUSE of that £74m loss, and implying that this loss has a huge impact. Not sure if that loss in isolation would be the reason if it's nearly 3 years ago and will get dropped in july.

Edited by Erikse