Lewis Miley

Ronson333

Didn't actually notice him that much after his assist for the goal so not sure how much of a part he played yesterday, but then I wasn't able to watch the full game properly because of other commitments. I actually prefer him as a prospect to Anderson though, his composure on the ball makes me think he's got lot's more improvement to come.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

Didn't actually notice him that much after his assist for the goal so not sure how much of a part he played yesterday, but then I wasn't able to watch the full game properly because of other commitments. I actually prefer him as a prospect to Anderson though, his composure on the ball makes me think he's got lot's more improvement to come.

He'll be better than Anderson, but think Anderson still becomes a player, once he sits further back. Both will be miles ahead of Longstaff (and i'm one of his biggest fans on here) at his age, which is great for the club. 

I really hope Murphy, and one or two of the recent young signings we've made also make it. 

Edited by Dokko

20 minutes ago, Dokko said:

He'll be better than Anderson, but think Anderson still becomes a player, once he sits further back. Both will be miles ahead of Longstaff (and i'm one of his biggest fans on here) at his age, which is great for the club. 

I really hope Murphy, and one or two of the recent young signings we've made also make it. 

I really like the look of Murphy and I can see him getting some minutes in the next month. Seems to be a solid defender and decent on the ball. 

Think Miley is the only one even close to becoming a top top player though. Has a very high ceiling potentially. Unless We're talking about Tino and Hall.

Edited by Ikon

9 hours ago, Dokko said:

That’s very hard to say to fair, though the kid is very young and has looked good so far.  

I reckon Anderson will be a really good squad player but the takeover and Howe probably happened just a year or two too late for him to become an elite player. Miley has everything going for him at the perfect age. 

What a ride this kid is on. Hopefully he can enjoy every moment of it. 

22 hours ago, TRon said:

Teammates still seem reluctant to pass him the ball. 

Edited by OCK

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

That has definitely stood out to me too. You watch the other young kids coming on in recent weeks, they're bombing about all over the pitch trying to look keen, as any one of us would. Miley has never done that though, he's always shown positional discipline, played at a normal tempo and looked completely unphased. That's the hallmark of someone who knows they're good enough. 

10 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Fantastic is way too much. He was tidy.

Agree. i think him and some other players of ours get slightly overhyped at times. And i love the lot of them for various reasons.

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

Agree. i think him and some other players of ours get slightly overhyped at times. And i love the lot of them for various reasons.

He had a really good pre-season, so I think a lot of fans were expecting him to be a first teamer based on that. I think he's gonna be a decent player for us but I don't see anything in him yet that makes me think he'll be a star.

Miley on the other hand has massive potential.

I think Anderson has everything to be a big player for us, think it's more of a process with him, and one day all will come together and click. I actually think what helps Miley is that he hasn't been loaned to a lower league side, staying with us, everyday training with and learning from the likes of Bruno, Schar, Trippier, Joelinton etc, seems a far better education and learning platform. Unfortunately at the time Anderson was pushing through, that quality of player wasn't available to learn from.

Whilst comparisons are super unhelpful, Miley has something of the Michael Ballack about him, the same running way, and the way he glides around, quick short passes, one and two touch, lovely to watch. If he fills out he is going to be some player.