Notts Forest 1-2 Newcastle United (17/03/2023)

Disco

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Yes but Eddie ...... I give up.  Are you lot winding me up?  Your manager is not going to come out and say "I decided to put on a 20 year old on because Maxi was shite".  What he might say is "Maxi had a tight hamstring".  Now do you understand?

Are you saying there's no chance ASM had a tight hamstring? 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I'm guessing that clip of Jones being angry and Rod second guessing what was being said. 

You have just confirmed that you have not been following this thread so keep out of it then.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Okay I'll bite:

Howe doesn't make half time substitutions when the game is in the balance

He'd just been involved in our goal

Howe moved him up front to avoid straining the hamstring further but Howe said he felt he was still being effective in the game so didn't want to take him off

We know ASM is always picking up injuries

What's your argument based on?

A) He may well if we have adequate replacements.

B)So what, you do t keep so.eone on because he played one ok pass. Had Isak not scored or Willock puts in a poor cross Maxi has had exactly the same game. The fact it was a goal is pretty meaningless when looking at his game.

C)He knows Isak can pull wide as well. Would you put someone struggling with an Injury through the middle, usually they go wide. And are you yet to hear Eddie be critical of any players in public ?

D)He's always picking up injuries, he also often seems disinterested especially when off the ball.

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

"Great argument you put across."

No honestly.  You're full of shit.  You know nowt about football.  You can tell that you mess around on Football Manager and haven't played a game in your life.

Putting aside the rights and wrongs on Saint Maximin, Howe clearly lies about the situations with our players on the regular. There's nothing controversial about suggesting he'd talk about an injury to cover up a different problem, whether that's true on this occasion or not.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Putting aside the rights and wrongs on Saint Maximin, Howe clearly lies about the situations with our players on the regular. There's nothing controversial about suggesting he'd talk about an injury to cover up a different problem, whether that's true on this occasion or not.

I'd expect every manager does.