Notts Forest 1-2 Newcastle United (17/03/2023)

Disco

5 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Been banging this drum for a while, it's not just the last 2 games.

It seems he lost any confidence he had to run directly at the opposition, not surprising given the flack he recieves of he loses it. 

I think it’s more likely he’s lost confidence in his body

4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

It seems he lost any confidence he had to run directly at the opposition, not surprising given the flack he recieves of he loses it. 

You know he'll only get flack if he loses it needlessly. More of the flack is for standing waving his arms about, berating the ref as he was simply muscled off the ball as the opposition break on us.

1 minute ago, madras said:

You know he'll only get flack if he loses it needlessly. More of the flack is for standing waving his arms about, berating the ref as he was simply muscled off the ball as the opposition break on us.

Not about to get into this debate, so I'll just say I disagree and bow out.  

42 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I do wonder if we've overcomplicated his game to get him to fit into our style of play

19 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He was absolutely pelting about against Liverpool and was trying to open up a lot in the cup final too. He's definitely been protecting from some sort of injury over the last 2. 

Curious isn't it ?

8 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I like Maxi but I think he plays in a position where you can get someone in the £40-50m bracket who'll score and have more assists plus carry out the high press better. 

Like who?

50 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I do wonder if we've overcomplicated his game to get him to fit into our style of play

I absolutely think this is a directive from Howe and the team. I wouldn't say overcomplicate though, I just think they've tried to improve his decision making and it looks to have gone the other way.

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

Certainly seemed to have a go against Liverpool. But that was kind of nothing to lose and everything went through him. 

14 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Certainly seemed to have a go against Liverpool. But that was kind of nothing to lose and everything went through him. 

Think i misinterpreted your first post. 

My post about it going on longer than 2 games is about him being reluctant to go direct at the full backs these days, much prefers to pull it back than take his man on. 

Edited by Wilson

5 hours ago, Wilson said:

Think i misinterpreted your first post. 

My post about it going on longer than 2 games is about him being reluctant to go direct at the full backs these days, much prefers to pull it back than take his man on. 

Yeah. I agree that he almost looks like

he is deliberately over forcing a different style of play at times. That doesn’t always work out, as he isn’t really that kind of player. 

I just thought the last two games. He genuinely had chances to get at his man. But just didn’t seem able or willing to.

He was electric against Southampton when he came on, the odd time against Bournemouth he looked on it and then was the Maxi of old against Liverpool. Which all makes me think he is carrying an injury. 

51 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Big Frank 🤣

Well, no, cos Dennis wasn't in an offside position when the Forest player played it. (Or at least not from any of the views available on the highlights)

Edited by madras

26 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

Botman celebrating on the half way line after the pen, then all the locals wanting him booked as he boots the ball away running to celebrate. Fucking marvellous.