Everton vs. Newcastle United: 27/04/23 @ 19:45 (BT Sport)

HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Wishful thinking for Everton fans. I guarantee our traveling fans out-sing them all match.

Nah. Reckon they’ll make a din tonight. We just need to be professional, and it might end up working to their disadvantage. It definitely won’t be flat though. This sort of game is what they have to get charged up for these days. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

We pretty much dominated the Forest game from start to finish, other than an individual error.

We have made slow starts away from home including Spurs, Arsenal, Brentford and Villa, but Forest wasn't one of them.

From what I recall, they were bad, we were a bit better and made chances but were really sloppy defending and with our chances. I'd just like to see a dominant away win, haven't had one in ages. Sounds silly after beating West Ham 5-1 but they gifted us goals in a way i've not seen before.

Edited by LionOfGosforth

5 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

From what I recall, they were bad, we were a bit better and made chances but were really sloppy defending and with our chances. I'd just like to see a dominant away win, haven't had one in ages. Sounds silly after beating West Ham 5-1 but they gifted us goals in a way i've not seen before.

Yeah the West Ham game they dominated after our goals and scored at the end and were looking to level up before half time without creating too much.  The second half I was nervous until they imploded with the early goal.  That just knocked the wind out their sales I we edged the rest of the match and got two latish goals.  It didn't feel like a 5-1.

Think in the main, we need to be on it with defending set pieces, long balls. They have very little quality but a big side who Dyche sets up to be threatening from free kicks and corners. It'll need to be a brave defensive show to keep a clean sheet, even though they lack quality all over.

4 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Yeah the West Ham game they dominated after our goals and scored at the end and were looking to level up before half time without creating too much.  The second half I was nervous until they imploded with the early goal.  That just knocked the wind out their sales I we edged the rest of the match and got two latish goals.  It didn't feel like a 5-1.

Yep, those first twenty seconds of the second half were rough on the nerves 

3 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

It will be an interesting 20 minuets.  Do they go for it and try to get the crowd but risk us scoring or sit back and lose some of the crowd.

Think they’ll look for set pieces in and around the box. Could do without Bruno sliding in daftly- something he does have an annoying habit of 

1 minute ago, Hovagod said:

Think they’ll look for set pieces in and around the box. Could do without Bruno sliding in daftly- something he does have an annoying habit of 

True.  We need a non homer ref.  If they get free kicks for every 50/50 that will even things up

1 minute ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

? I meant I was nervous for the second half during half time.

Haha, with you- me too. In fact, I missed the goal and coming in as replays showed that the entire dynamic of the half had changed to our benefit was one of my favourite moments of the season 

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Wooooo scouse cunts

They seem to think that blowing blue smoke up their team's arse is going to lift them into the stratosphere. We just need to remember they are in a relegation battle because they are actually shit.