Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

7 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

My favourites that I attended:

Feyenoord 2-3 NUFC (2002)

NUFC 5-0 Man Utd (1996)

NUFC 1-0 Portsmouth (1992)

Inter 2-2 NUFC(2003)

NUFC 3-2 Barca (1997)

Some belters there!

14 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Dortmund tickets have arrived. No names or obvious ID references on them.

It'll have a seat no ? If so it'll still be registered in a name so can still be redirected to ticket office for ID check.

Edited by madras

5 minutes ago, madras said:

It'll have a seat no ? If so it'll still be registered in a name so can still be redirected to ticket office for ID check.

They aren’t doing that abroad. Just domestic aways. In Milan it was just a brief glance of passport without even bothering to look at name handwritten on ticket.

Just now, LFEE said:

They aren’t doing that abroad. Just domestic aways. In Milan it was just a brief glance of passport without even bothering to look at name handwritten on ticket.

I've heard both sides. A lass who got in on a lads ticket and someone who was refused.

I also know someone who was caught transferring his ticket for a domestic away game and was docked his loyalty points.

They aren't invincible, but Dortmund haven't lost at home in over a year (August 2022). That includes games against Milan, Chelsea, Leipzig, Man City, Sevilla, and Bayern. A draw would be an excellent result and keep us in the mix.

27 minutes ago, madras said:

I've heard both sides. A lass who got in on a lads ticket and someone who was refused.

I also know someone who was caught transferring his ticket for a domestic away game and was docked his loyalty points.

Doesn’t even have a seat number on closer inspection. Just says Standing Area and the block number so guessing it’s first come first served for best spot within the block.

2 minutes ago, Peder75 said:

I think we need a win against them. If we draw, and then beat Milan at home (and they beat PSG at home), we might end up with the same points as Dortmund and they'll beat us then on head-to-head result.

You're missing a whole matchday - they need to go to Milan. I'm also not just granting them 3 points against PSG (though PSG may have qualified by then, which would not be ideal).

3 hours ago, NufcJ said:

IF we fall short and finish 3rd, Does anybody else think we could go deep in the Europa league? 

Could do, I’d fancy our chances but there are some good sides in the Europa this year, most notably Liverpool, Leverkusen and Roma.

4 hours ago, Erikse said:

Both BVB and Milan has 2 home games left.. I also really feel like we need to win against Dortmund away to have a realistic chance.

Yep. If we won last night. That would have almost eliminated Dortmund. Now we have two hard aways before we are back at home. 

I’d fancy us to do Milan. But can’t see much from the other two games. 3rd wouldn’t be a disaster. Getting through from here is really tough. Odds against us, I’d say. Would have Dortmund slightly ahead of us in the book. Surprised to see our odds are a shade better. Albeit basically the same everywhere. 

On 26/10/2023 at 14:25, LFEE said:

Doesn’t even have a seat number on closer inspection. Just says Standing Area and the block number so guessing it’s first come first served for best spot within the block.

Just received an email from the club confirming my row & seat in the standing section.

4 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

I don't suppose Dortmund have had five injuries and a suspension in the last week or so?

The keeper did go off injured in the first half at the weekend, but sounds like it was a bit of concussion so probably be fine.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Think we'll draw with Dortmund away, lose to PSG away and then beat Milan at home. Finish 3rd and into the Europa League. Will play Liverpool in the final which we win 2-1 in Dublin. 

If we play Liverpool in the final - we are 100% losing.

If we are to go through, we must win at either Dortmund or Paris. To finish 3rd we probably need a point from one of those.

The map I saw for our progression was draw in Milan or Dortmund, win all the home games. Now that's gone we need a big result on the road.

On 27/10/2023 at 02:02, NufcJ said:

IF we fall short and finish 3rd, Does anybody else think we could go deep in the Europa league? 

I'd almost rather drop into the UEL than progress in the CL. Obviously there's less money for the club, but we'd have a pretty good chance of winning it if we avoid Liverpool and they somehow get knocked out. 

Nah, the Europa League is Liverpool's this season. Them knocking us out or losing to them in a final (in Ireland surrounded by Paddy Murphys) would make me want to keel owa.

Also believe we'd end up playing more matches if we finish 3rd in our group than we would progressing in the CL due to the knockout round playoffs. Nah, progression in the CL if it's possible for me and just see where we go. Will be needing a result from one of the away games and we'll likely have to beat Milan at SJP.

Edited by HaydnNUFC