Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

When Lewis Hall announces himself to the world with a San Siro hat trick just like Bale’s we’ll all be thankful for the draw. 

Giroud hat trick in the same game. Loves a nufc goal

1 hour ago, jonny1403 said:

Without wanting to put a dampener on things, Paris and Milan will be two crap away days outside of the games themselves. Terrible cities for football. 

Yes, dreadful cities. Paris is a notorious dump and Milan is like the Sunderland of Italy.  No culture, ghastly food and lots of the people there can't even speak English.  ;)

For what it’s worth, Sunderland are at home on the 4th October, 29th November, and the 12th of December, which are all Champions League dates.

The first two of those dates are Wednesdays, and the other is a Tuesday.

You would assume that the police would if possible want to avoid us playing at home the same week as Sunderland do, especially as they will all be massive games.

It will depend on if that is possible with how we are tied with Arsenal and their commitments, and of course other commitments for the teams in our group.

You would think at the very least though, our home games will not be on those actual dates.

I'm so excited about this like. :lol: Absolutely nothing to fear and we get to see the lads playing 3 unbelievable clubs and 2 of the most historic ones in fantastic stadiums. Butterflies thinking about it.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

For what it’s worth, Sunderland are at home on the 4th October, 29th November, and the 12th of December, which are all Champions League dates.

The first two of those dates are Wednesdays, and the other is a Tuesday.

You would assume that the police would if possible want to avoid us playing at home the same week as Sunderland do, especially as they will all be massive games.

It will depend on if that is possible with how we are tied with Arsenal and their commitments, and of course other commitments for the teams in our group.

You would think at the very least though, our home games will not be on those actual dates.

29th November and 12th December are matchdays 5 and 6, no team has ever been away on both of those consecutively in the CL afaik. And I doubt UEFA will acquiesce to that because Sunderland are at home to Huddersfield and Watford.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

29th November and 12th December are matchdays 5 and 6, no team has ever been away on both of those consecutively in the CL afaik. And I doubt UEFA will acquiesce to that because Sunderland are at home to Huddersfield and Watford.

That’s a fair point, but my wider point is that I would say we would avoid playing on those actual dates, probably playing on the 28th, and 13th.

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

That’s a fair point, but my wider point is that I would say we would avoid playing on those actual dates, probably playing on the 28th, and 13th.

Think uefa would dictate what day we play and it would then be their game that would need to be switched?