Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Haha errrrrmmmmm it's slightly up in the air at the moment and it is very, very concerning the lack of time we'll have to potentially do what we want but I'm sure we'll succeed somehow...

Trouble in the ranks, worrying.

Dunno why but I get the feeling it's Eddie Howes fault.

But seriously, hope you lads get sorted what you want to and we give the best version of NUFC supporters on the biggest stage! 

The world will be watching, mental.

5 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

That font should be an arrestable offence. 

I didn't have this convo on here aboot a year or 2 ago to be fair. 

It stays. 

The colour however... not my choice. Which is a worse offence. 

2 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Trouble in the ranks, worrying.

Dunno why but I get the feeling it's Eddie Howes fault.

But seriously, hope you lads get sorted what you want to and we give the best version of NUFC supporters on the biggest stage! 

The world will be watching, mental.

Aye it will. I'm sure we'll get whatever we want done and to be transparent we'll be asking for plenty financial assistance from our fans too to make it as big a spectacle as possible. But bearing in mind we might only have one or two days to do things might mean we reach out for massive amounts of volunteers :lol:

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

Aye it will. I'm sure we'll get whatever we want done and to be transparent we'll be asking for plenty financial assistance from our fans too to make it as big a spectacle as possible. But bearing in mind we might only have one or two days to do things might mean we reach out for massive amounts of volunteers :lol:

Sure you’ll be supported on both fronts! :indi:

We've obviously had a few European runs before 1992, most notably 1969, but in the Premier League era we have faced the following teams in various European competitions, and these 3 would obviously be right up there at the top of the list. PSG maybe not so much as the other two, but I kind of look at them differently to some. Paris is a huge city, they are and for a long time have been the only serious team in the city, so I've always thought that they should be right at the top of the French league and beyond, so was fine with it when they were targeted for serious investment and, like Man City (before they won it), their titles and runs in Europe does make them a significant side, and one of the biggest names around, especially for those under 25.

Kind of a ranking of my perception of the club although it is tough because some of their respective statures may have changed, for better or worse, after we played them, but these 3 would certainly all fit into the top 10 IMO. Probably Milan 2nd, Dortmund 4th or 5th, and PSG around 7th (factoring in the other 2). I'm very pleased that it's more new teams to add to the list.

I kind of got sick of doing this halfway through, but here we are [emoji38]:

Barcelona x 2

Juventus

Inter Milan

Benfica

Roma

Marseille

Leverkusen

Feyenoord

Sporting Lisbon x 2

PSV Eindhoven x 2

Monaco

Dynamo Kyiv x 2

Olympiacos

Fenerbahce

Basel

Eintracht Frankfurt

Deportivo La Coruna (IC)

Bilbao

Mallorca

Celta Vigo

Palermo

Antwerp

Club Brugge

Metz

Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia Zagreb)

Partizan Belgrade x 2

CSKA Sofia

Ferencvaros

Zurich

Bordeaux

Heerenveen

AZ

Metalist Kharkiv

Anzhi

NAC Breda

Panionios

Zeljeznicar

Dinamo Tbilisi

Levadia Talinn

1860 Munich (IC)

Maritimo

Sochaux

Atromitos

Zulte Waregam

Lillestrom (IC)

Valerenga

Dubnica (IC)

Troyes (IC)

Lokeren (IC)

Bnei Sakhnin

Halmstadt

36 minutes ago, Heron said:

Always willing to stump up a bigger one off on top of the monthly dono, so light the beacons wor flags!

Sure you lads have a pretty good back catalogue now to generate amazing displays even if whatever you want doesn't come off in time.

Fuck I'm excited.

it’s not a question of if Newcastle United is ready for group F, the real question is group F ready for Newcastle United.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don’t know why but I feel really happy about the draw. Whether we get though or not it’s going to be magical. Howay the lads 

I'm happy with the group but seriously, what the fuck is going on this season? 

We've had the toughest start in the league by far almost like someone's trying to fuck us over on purpose, then we get Man City in the league cup and we get the group of death in the CL?

Edited by mikejaxer